Forums > Model Colloquy > Shaving and boyfriends!

Model

Megan Camille

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Hello girls! And boys as well.
Do you girls wax or shave? and why?
And boys, do you like the brazilian wax?

i have many questions regarding this and i want to hear different opinions. My boyfriend says that shaving everything makes me look like a baby and he doesnt like it. what about you?

Dec 11 12 04:42 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

you do realize there are many stages between "shaving everything off" (which is probably what your boyfriend is talking about) and growing a full bush 100% au naturel?

you could trim it, or just shave/wax your bikiniline, or a little bit more, or go for figures or... Sooooo many options! (not saying that there is anything wrong with a totally natural bush, just saying that there are plenty of options in between)

I shave (if you do, buy man's razors, works a lot better), because I'm too afraid to try waxing haha. but for some people waxing works great. I have a "landing strip", don't like it when everything is gone, makes me feel like a little girl (again, that's just me, other women feel differently about this.).

read this smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bikini_waxing

regarding your other question; while I personally think it is important to keep your partner's preference in mind as well, what YOU do with YOUR body downunder is YOUR decision. don't shave or not shave only because your boyfriends want it that way smile.

As for guy's preferences, it's just like with boobs or weight or any other physical trait: opinions and tastes vary. there is no general rule or opinion: different guys like different things.

Dec 11 12 04:45 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

For photos, a little well trimmed coverage is better for the kind of work I shoot.

In my personal life, at my age I can't afford to be fussy!

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Dec 11 12 04:49 am Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

My tastes change with the seasons, I suppose. Sometimes smooth is nice, sometimes a full bush is nice. *shrugs*

Dec 11 12 04:52 am Link

Photographer

RKD Photographic

Iserlohn, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Everything off is the current fashion for models here in Tchermany - I haven't seen pubes for about a decade...
Even non-models tend to shave it all off...

Dec 11 12 04:55 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I prefer to remain totally natural, never shave anywhere except possibly my legs in the summertime.   A few times over the years I have had artists or photographers request that I shave bare for an assignment, which I did because I really wanted to work with them. But I do not care for the bare look at all and made the decision to remain natural.  My husband likes the natural look best as well.

When I see other women in dressing rooms, locker rooms and so on it seems like the great majority of them are shaved bare or have done major trimming and changing the size of the patch.

I find that I receive a lot of compliments on remaining natural and bushy, and in fact some artists and photographers have mentioned that they selected me specifically because of that feature which is really hard to find.

But you have to do what you think is best for you, there are always going to be different opinions.

Dec 11 12 07:00 am Link

Photographer

Studio Still

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Shaving causes bristle and waxing is too complicated, try epilating.  I've been married for 20 years and we have tried all methods, epilating is the best.

Dec 11 12 07:27 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Tell 'im to shuddup, and be glad ya even talk to him  .  .  .  wink  Professionally, I like there to be at least some "coverage"  .  .  .  personally, I'm still a guy (even though I'm a VERY aged one at this point), so, I'm happy if a pretty girl even talks to me  .  .  .  her grooming preferences are completely up to her  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Dec 11 12 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Black Sunshine

Austin, Texas, US

I haven't shot nudes, but I can personally say that clean shaven is the best, and landing strip is fine, but full on 70s style is not my cup of tea at all.

Dec 11 12 07:42 am Link

Photographer

DCP Glamour

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

Black Sunshine wrote:
I haven't shot nudes, but I can personally say that clean shaven is the best, and landing strip is fine, but full on 70s style is not my cup of tea at all.

Ditto that. (Except I do shoot nudes, and they all happened to be clean shaven.)

Dec 11 12 07:54 am Link

Photographer

Image Magik

Santa Cruz, California, US

Megan Camille wrote:

i have many questions regarding this and i want to hear different opinions. My boyfriend says that shaving everything makes me look like a baby and he doesnt like it. what about you?

I like variety. Maybe he does too. Maybe leave a heart down there for him! Lol
If you do shave make sure there ain't stubble around places you can't get to well cause that stuff hurts! Ouch

Dec 11 12 08:06 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ugh...

Dec 11 12 08:09 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

i like a landing strip. if you are working your way down with your tongue it lets you know you've almost reached the final destination. lol.

for my part i trim the verge as it were so it's more pleasant for the wife. but i got a rash that way once.

the wife started shaving after we started shooting nude models together.

Dec 11 12 08:13 am Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Don't shave your bf unless he asks you to.
smile

Dec 11 12 08:22 am Link

Photographer

Kens Lens

Aurora, Colorado, US

For lovemaking clean shaven, but for photos it all depends on the shot. Clean shaven is the more exposed, more vulnerable with nothing left to hide behind. It definitely is not adolescent to me it is  an unabashedly  acceptance of the beauty of your female parts.

Dec 11 12 08:30 am Link

Model

Laura BrokenDoll

Modena, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

I shave everything off for personal preferences since ages (and I barely get the hairs back, at this point).
But when it comes to modeling, I have noticed that a lot of photographers prefer a well-trimmed coverage rather than anything at all - especially for fashion nudes and art nudes. I've even seen casting calls for not-shaved models only!

Dec 11 12 08:37 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Kens Lens wrote:
Clean shaven is the more exposed, more vulnerable with nothing left to hide behind. It definitely is not adolescent to me it is  an unabashedly  acceptance of the beauty of your female parts.

Nicely put. I entirely agree. smile

Dec 11 12 09:36 am Link

Model

Megan Camille

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

I just wished waxing didnt hurt so bad!

Dec 11 12 09:51 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Megan Camille wrote:

apparantly it gets less painful the more you do it. But that's just what i hear, I can't confirm that myself personally big_smile

Dec 11 12 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Photo Visions

Cape Coral, Florida, US

I much prefer a model that is shaved bare, or at most, has a small
landing stripe.

I did a shoot with a model last week that grew her bush and it looked
terrible to me.

Just my opinion, but prefer bare.

Dec 11 12 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Neatly trimmed, without the wild bush effect.

Photographically & personally.

Dec 11 12 10:12 am Link

Photographer

name removed3

Boston, Massachusetts, US

earth momma all the way

Dec 11 12 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Lars R Peterson

Seattle, Washington, US

Big, totally unshaven bush can be beautiful, and I believe it is preferred for figure modeling or artistic nudes (of the old-school ilk)

Totally clean shaven or waxed is also great for certain art nudes or bodyscapes... and I believe it is preferred for the erotic, lingerie, bikini, fetish, etc...

When I'm not taking pictures, and just appreciating one of those things in person... I personally prefer a little topiary on top, like a landing strip, lightning bolt, heart, etc...

The worst is simply unkempt. Hair or no hair... it should look like it is well maintained and treated like a princess.

Dec 11 12 10:15 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Megan Camille wrote:

In a natural sense, pubic hair is a visual sign of sexual maturity..
having raised a daughter, my first reaction to a female body pubic devoid of hair is that of youth/immaturity. while i am sure every part of you is beautiful, shaving your pubic area does nothing to make you more attractive...it's more a distraction then anything. 

something is better then nothing.
fwiw to ya..

https://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png

Dec 11 12 10:26 am Link

Photographer

Photographe

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

I have no preference. If they are the person for that job, they are the person for that job, amount of hair is not a dealbreaker in my work lol. Completely shaved is ok, but on some models/outfits it becomes a no. It's only ever been an issue twice in fashion, usually swimwear shoots.

Dec 11 12 10:37 am Link

Photographer

DAN CRUIKSHANK

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Get creative. I want to see a bonsai tree!!!

Dec 11 12 10:38 am Link

Model

AngelWhite

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Sometimes do, sometimes don't.
It really depends how I'm feeling.
Put it this way, I don't care either way. xD

Dec 11 12 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Kens Lens

Aurora, Colorado, US

To those that view shaved pubic hair as adolescent, do you view shaved underarms and legs as sign of immaturity as well.

Dec 11 12 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Eros Studios

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Megan Camille wrote:

Death To Retro-Bush!

Dec 11 12 11:12 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Kens Lens wrote:
To those that view shaved pubic hair as adolescent, do you view shaved underarms and legs as sign of immaturity as well.

+1

And guys who shave their face do it to look prepubescent as well, right?

Dec 11 12 11:16 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

P I X I E wrote:

+1

everyone is entitled to their opinion. no, I don't get the prepubescent asociation with shaved armpits, but then again I also don't asociate armpits with sex.

I dislike a completely shaven look on guys as well.

different people, different tastes. I haven't seen anyone yet in this thread post something insulting regarding a fully shaved look.

Dec 11 12 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

1. My opinion to what to do with your pubic hair situation DOES NOT MATTER unless we are shooting nudes together. (I prefer bare)

2. Your boyfriend's preferences should be considered.

3. Do what YOU like best. If your boyfriend can't deal with it, find one who can. If the photographer wants you full natural and you prefer yourself shaved, then that photographer is out of luck.

Hearing everyone's opinions here is like asking what you should have for dinner because you're hungry.

Dec 11 12 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Jhono Bashian

Cleveland, Ohio, US

personally I prefer my GF to shave it all off, you can always wear a merkin till it grows back.

Dec 11 12 11:24 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Anna Adrielle wrote:

everyone is entitled to their opinion. no, I don't get the prepubescent asociation with shaved armpits, but then again I also don't asociate armpits with sex.

I dislike a completely shaven look on guys as well.

different people, different tastes. I haven't seen anyone yet in this thread post something insulting regarding a fully shaved look.

My point being that prepubescent boys do not have facial hair, and prepubescent girls do not have armpit and pubic hair. But sure.

Dec 11 12 11:24 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Kens Lens wrote:

P I X I E wrote:
1 And guys who shave their face do it to look prepubescent as well, right?

I think everyone would be in agreement that a man that shaves his face, does appear younger...not prepubescent, but younger..

https://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png

Dec 11 12 11:27 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

S W I N S K E Y wrote:

Kens Lens wrote:

I think everyone would be in agreement that a man that shaves his face, does appear younger...not prepubescent, but younger..

Read my post above...

Dec 11 12 11:28 am Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Good Egg Productions wrote:
1. My opinion to what to do with your pubic hair situation DOES NOT MATTER unless we are shooting nudes together. (I prefer bare)

2. Your boyfriend's preferences should be considered.

3. Do what YOU like best. If your boyfriend can't deal with it, find one who can. If the photographer wants you full natural and you prefer yourself shaved, then that photographer is out of luck.

Hearing everyone's opinions here is like asking what you should have for dinner because you're hungry.

Yep.

Dec 11 12 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Photography by Lorenzo

Seattle, Washington, US

I prefer hardwood floors as opposed to carpet. I personally get for body waxes Brazilian included as opposed to shaving. Not having shot nudes it's totally on the model as to what they want and how they feel

Dec 11 12 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Michael Broughton

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

neatly trimmed or completely bare, please and thank you. nothing kills the mood like a pube caught in the back of my throat. tongue

P I X I E wrote:

i can't speak for other guys, but i don't shave more than once a week specifically to avoid looking like a kid.

Dec 11 12 11:33 am Link

Photographer

PhotographybyT

Monterey, California, US

Megan Camille wrote:

It doesn't! Really!! tongue

Dec 11 12 11:35 am Link