Forums > General Industry > how to stop facebook cropping my images?

Photographer

Sonn

Posts: 338

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

How do i stop facebook cropping the images i upload.

Every image i upload gets a thumbnail generated that only seems to cover about 40% of the image.

How do i fix this?

Its making my portfolio look retarded like i have no idea how to frame a photo lol.

Dec 13 12 07:57 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kerrek

Posts: 1420

Orlando, Florida, US

Crack The Sky wrote:
How do i stop facebook cropping the images i upload.

Every image i upload gets a thumbnail generated that only seems to cover about 40% of the image.

How do i fix this?

Its making my portfolio look retarded like i have no idea how to frame a photo lol.

Thumbnails are previews, and that's just how they do it. If you want your portfolio to look good, don't use facebook for that purpose.

Dec 13 12 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

JohnEnger

Posts: 783

Jessheim, Akershus, Norway

Crack The Sky wrote:
How do i stop facebook cropping the images i upload.

Every image i upload gets a thumbnail generated that only seems to cover about 40% of the image.

How do i fix this?

Its making my portfolio look retarded like i have no idea how to frame a photo lol.

First idea that springs to mind is to stop using FaceBook as a portfolio. Because it's not... big_smile

Or you could frame your pictures so that facebook's croppings dont matter.

J.

Dec 13 12 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

Sonn

Posts: 338

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

But i see other people in my area with their thumbnails all perfect, there must be some way to do it.

Dec 13 12 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

Nicholas Fischer

Posts: 41

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Crack The Sky wrote:
But i see other people in my area with their thumbnails all perfect, there must be some way to do it.

Yeah that's just the way thumbnails work on there. And those people might upload smaller versions of their photo so it fits into the thumbnail dimensions.

Dec 13 12 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

Lyman Photography Inc

Posts: 228

Fountain Valley, California, US

Go to the picture and click edit. Then choose reposition photo. That determines how the thumbnail looks

Dec 13 12 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

Jasper Johal Photo

Posts: 107

Los Angeles, California, US

Here is the link that may help you:

http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2012/11 … eat-sheet/

It provides the actual pixel dimensions for FB thumbnails and other images on most social media sites.

Dec 13 12 11:51 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Posts: 12857

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Lyman Photography Inc wrote:
Go to the picture and click edit. Then choose reposition photo. That determines how the thumbnail looks

Dec 13 12 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

Sonn

Posts: 338

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Jasper Johal Photo wrote:
Here is the link that may help you:

http://www.lunametrics.com/blog/2012/11 … eat-sheet/

It provides the actual pixel dimensions for FB thumbnails and other images on most social media sites.

Thanks this is what i needed.

Shared Image
Landscape 398 x 296 px
Portrait 296 x 398 px
Square 320 x 320 px

Dec 14 12 12:00 am Link