Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > what type of modeling best suits me?

Model

Kelly Ann Carter

Hollywood, Florida, US

based on the images in my portfolio, what type of modeling do you think would work best for me? do you think I have a unique are interesting look? also, feel free to leave any suggestions for any upcoming photoshoot themes or looks that I should try.

Dec 19 12 06:14 pm Link

Model

Alixx Rose

Atlanta, Georgia, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29570033
this one is the best by far, I think you should lean towards more sultry (but not overly sexy) type looks
your arms are also right next to your body in most of your shots, and your legs are doing almost the same thing in the two that are shown
try more angles perhaps, play with the space around you in a frame

i'd also delete this: https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/2 … #/29869841

as its blurry and you already have a good eyes shut picture

good luck!

Dec 19 12 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

DVP Photography

Broomfield, Colorado, US

You seem to be spraying the forums with posts asking very similar questions.  What are your trying to do?

And you say in your profile you are experienced but you also posted in the newbie forum asking a similar question.

You could soon get to be very irritating.

I suggest you sit back and figure out what you want, what you want to ask, and stick to one forum.  Also decide if you are new or experienced and stick to one story.

Dec 19 12 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

Veit Photo

London, England, United Kingdom

Lifestyle and commercial.

Dec 20 12 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I'm having a hard time pinning down a genre for 23 year old Kelly Ann Carter. She doesn't have the look for fashion and I don't see a comfort level or build that screams glamour.

If anything, I would lean toward lifestyle and promotional modeling, maybe artistic nude, but I don't see too many images that would reinforce that.

Dec 20 12 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY

Jacksonville, Florida, US

I agree lifestyle, and also lingerie catalog as stated this is a very nice image it does you justice smile

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120815/19/502c58e66f6b7_m.jpg

Dec 20 12 02:19 pm Link

Model

angel emily

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
I'm having a hard time pinning down a genre for 23 year old Kelly Ann Carter. She doesn't have the look for fashion and I don't see a comfort level or build that screams glamour.

If anything, I would lean toward lifestyle and promotional modeling, maybe artistic nude, but I don't see too many images that would reinforce that.

I agree with this - although if she wishes to *try* lifestyle, she needs to scrap her portfolio and start over.  None of those shots are very marketable at all, save for perhaps the first...

Model should ask herself why she is interested in modeling as a starting place. 

To answer Kelly Ann Carter's question, no, I do not find her look very unique or interesting.

I'm also not seeing representation of this at all in her portfolio:

Kelly Carter is a hidden gem to the modeling industry. Kelly is able to capture high fashion images standing at only 5'7'' ...

Dec 20 12 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

DVP Photography

Broomfield, Colorado, US

Someone should tell Kelly Ann that writing her profile in the third person is annoying. I would but I don't know how to talk to her directly.

Dec 25 12 12:48 am Link