Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop: How can I change my blue bkgd colors?

Photographer

HWM Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Forgive my ignorance but I am trying to resolve this problem and have hit a roadblock.  I am trying to change the blue background color of the scarf (3rd from the left) as well as the blue background color of the scarf to the far right.  The image I am working on is in CMYK format.  I need to adjust the blue a bit so it comes out as close to blue as possible once I send it off to my printer.

My question is, how can I adjust/change these blues separately so it does not affect any of the OTHER colors in the photo?  I am thinking of using layers to do this, but cannot figure it out from there.  If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be most appreciated.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8220/8290841788_ebf2acd74e.jpg

Dec 20 12 01:08 am Link

Photographer

pellepiano

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Selective Color adjustment layer, and change the Blues.

If you dont want the first one to have its blues changed just mask it.

Dec 20 12 02:11 am Link

Photographer

LegacyMobileStudio

Colorado Springs, Colorado, US

pellepiano wrote:

That could change all the blues.  If you want different shades of blue- create different layers.

i.e. Ctl+J to duplicate layer- then select/mask the specific blue you want.  Then use the hue/saturation adjustment to change the color. smile

Dec 21 12 02:01 am Link

Photographer

Robin Cordiner

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

and use soft proofing with you printers icc profile in photoshop to see what you'll get on screen.

Dec 21 12 02:15 am Link

Retoucher

pixel dimension ilusion

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

-select -color range-click on the blue ,use +color picker and keep cliking on the rest of the bleu -play with sliders

Dec 21 12 03:24 am Link

Retoucher

RON IMAGES EDITED

Miami, Florida, US

pellepiano wrote:

+1 and mask as necessary.

Dec 21 12 09:48 am Link

Photographer

HWM Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thanks for all the comments.  Luckily the photos I need to change have only one type of blue in them.

Dec 21 12 01:56 pm Link