Forums > Critique > Post a picture or two and I will critique it.

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

DRaskin Photography wrote:
If you have some time, here's a couple more.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130126/00/51038ff0b42a4_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130123/21/5100c5f73feb5_m.jpg

and I played a bit with the cropping on the one from earlier:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130126/00/510395d1ca093_m.jpg
I think that's better as it doesn't look like I cut off her foot. Her hand was on her stomach as she was wedged against the seat but I do see your point about moving it somewhere else.

Really appreciate your critique and as it's making me think and reassess some.

cheers,
Don

photo1: just no!.. so cheesy. terrible flat lighting

photo2: ok so this model has potential!
1. fix your horizon line.. the image is so crooked!
2. have her step as far away from the wall. you want to get a nice DOF going.
4. FIX HER HAIR! still looks stringy
5. shoot at about waist level.. i think your shooting too low on this one.
6. have the model ditch the cheesy smile


Photo 3: same things still apply from what i said before, i guess it better that you cropped it a bit.

Jan 28 13 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

zssphotography

Posts: 56

UPPER DARBY, Pennsylvania, US

can you critique these please

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130121/17/50fde681ece4e_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130121/17/50fdedbfb7633_m.jpg

Jan 28 13 06:26 pm Link

Model

Madison P Cook

Posts: 136

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

I'm very new to llamaing so any help is great appreciated! Thoughts? smile

Jan 28 13 10:33 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Hello! Seems to me like you have lots of potential! I'd definitely work with you :-)

Get rid of this
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121124/11/50b121340b753_m.jpg

And this
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120831/11/5041074ff3ee3_m.jpg

And this- either upload the original or take a better picture of it with no flash flare
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120317/18/4f6537a1e9a79_m.jpg


Keep this
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120831/11/5041037626a64_m.jpg

And this
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111006/15/4e8e26e0f1415_m.jpg

The rest are just ok images.. Nothing special. Either technical issues on photographers part or your expression is just unflattering to your face.

I'd say keep practicing a lot facial expressions and posing in front of a mirror and  study lots of fashion magazines!
And ...work with better photographers!! As you start to get more images start weeding out some of the mediocre ones.

Best of luck!

Jan 29 13 06:56 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

zssphotography wrote:
can you critique these please

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130121/17/50fde681ece4e_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130121/17/50fdedbfb7633_m.jpg

Ok I'm sorry but I am biased.
I h-a-t-e HDR

Besides that, in photo 1- the crop is terrible, cut off feet and head.. I don't know if it's the HDR or skin retouching but the skin on her face looks odd

Photo 2: ..I don't know how to critique this.. Cool picture.. Hate the hdr

Jan 29 13 07:01 am Link

Model

Madison P Cook

Posts: 136

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Rachel Reilly wrote:
Hello! Seems to me like you have lots of potential! I'd definitely work with you :-)

Get rid of this
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121124/11/50b121340b753_m.jpg

And this
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120831/11/5041074ff3ee3_m.jpg

And this- either upload the original or take a better picture of it with no flash flare
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120317/18/4f6537a1e9a79_m.jpg


Keep this
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120831/11/5041037626a64_m.jpg

And this
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/111006/15/4e8e26e0f1415_m.jpg

The rest are just ok images.. Nothing special. Either technical issues on photographers part or your expression is just unflattering to your face.

I'd say keep practicing a lot facial expressions and posing in front of a mirror and  study lots of fashion magazines!
And ...work with better photographers!! As you start to get more images start weeding out some of the mediocre ones.

Best of luck!

Thank you so much! That's really helpful.  One last question; which pic should I use as my Avatar?  Thanks again!!

Jan 29 13 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120831/11/5041037626a64_m.jpg

Wish it was a better crop though!

Jan 29 13 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Ania Volovique

Posts: 19

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Hi, just posted new images from the latest shoot, would love to get some feedback.
Thank you

Jan 30 13 07:09 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Which ones specifically?

Jan 30 13 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Ania Volovique

Posts: 19

Paris, Île-de-France, France

the ones with the hispanic girl with the red lipstick/flower.
Thank you!

Jan 30 13 11:52 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

ok sorry! back from having the flu sad

Feb 01 13 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Ania Volovique wrote:
the ones with the hispanic girl with the red lipstick/flower.
Thank you!

This is not bad - i feel as if the focus is off, its a bit soft.. but maybe you did that with skin retouching but either way her eyes are not in focus and the eye makeup is wayy too heavy for this soft portrait!
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130129/08/5107f51a156fa_m.jpg

Again, a bit too soft for me. I like the idea of this but I in my opinion the llama's expression is just not flattering.
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130129/08/5107f452298cc_m.jpg

Model's eyes are not in focus. I hate the fingers showing at the bottom and theyre over exposed to boot!. I do like this idea, but it just was not well executed this time
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130129/08/5107f4ee95481_m.jpg

Feb 01 13 02:35 pm Link

Feb 01 13 04:26 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Can't see the links

Feb 03 13 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Thalia Storm wrote:
I would love critique but unsure of how to post photos from an iPhone?

You don't have any professional photos up yet.
So if say find some good tfp opportunities in your area and good luck!

Feb 04 13 09:58 am Link

Feb 04 13 11:18 pm Link

Model

Seth MF

Posts: 5

Aurora, Missouri, US

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31526410

This one seems to be my favorite so why not give an opinion on it.

Feb 04 13 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Timmy_Chan

Posts: 134

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/Timmy0612/DSC_9765_zps2401120c.jpg
me please ~

Feb 04 13 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Seth MF wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31526410

This one seems to be my favorite so why not give an opinion on it.

This photo does not appeal to me at all.
I don't get it, it's http://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pngand lighting is flat .

Feb 06 13 09:28 am Link

Photographer

GNapp Studios

Posts: 6211

Somerville, New Jersey, US

Thank you for your thoughts.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130206/09/51128efcde1ae.jpg

Feb 06 13 09:35 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Edit

Feb 06 13 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Eclectic Vision

Posts: 8218

Toledo, Ohio, US

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130206/11/5112b142e66ad.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130206/11/5112b142e66ad_m.jpg

Feb 06 13 09:47 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Timmy_Chan wrote:
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j139/Timmy0612/DSC_9765_zps2401120c.jpg
me please ~

This is lovely!
Things that work:
The colors,model's expression, flowers, makeup the hand touching her face and the flowers in the foreground and the over all editing
Things that don't: the lingering fingers on the right side of the photo, and I'm
On the fence about the missing eye but I assume it was intentional.

Feb 06 13 09:47 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Delvin Wilborn wrote:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/25907391
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 1#26056807

Photo 1: I don't get this at all..and the female model is way over exposed
Photo 2: I still don't get it lol.
Um the lens flare is cool! I don't know what else to say

Feb 06 13 09:49 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

GNapp Studios wrote:
Thank you for your thoughts.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130206/09/51128efcde1ae.jpg

This could be fabulous but the editing lacks polish.
Work on all her skin, hair and face in post becayse again it looks a bit untidy.
The models pose is great, her expression is a bit goofy but it works i guess!
The bathing suit is aweful, but it's my opinion... I would have put her in something else.

Feb 06 13 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Henry Carmona

Posts: 5

San Antonio, Texas, US

Hello, and thank you for your input.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31571573

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31571573

not sure why the image doesnt show sad

Feb 06 13 10:54 am Link

Model

SHIRA

Posts: 33

Spartanburg, South Carolina, US

I would some constructive critique about my portfolio. I'm still farely new to the modeling world.

Thanks. smile

Feb 06 13 11:31 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Eclectic Vision  wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130206/11/5112b142e66ad.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130206/11/5112b142e66ad_m.jpg

i actually do like this image.

i think the editing is a bit over the top for me but that is clearly your style.

i like her expression, her hand placement and messy hair
good work!

Feb 07 13 07:36 am Link

Photographer

4 R D

Posts: 1061

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

I would appreciate your thoughts on this photo:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31294625

Thank you. smile

Feb 07 13 09:51 am Link

Model

GenesisAn

Posts: 109

Milpitas, California, US

Feb 07 13 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Dontez Akins

Posts: 332

Douglasville, Georgia, US

I would like your thoughts

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/101015/11/4cb89fc132277_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120323/06/4f6c7a2f8db69_m.jpg

Feb 07 13 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Henry Carmona wrote:
Hello, and thank you for your input.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31571573

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31571573

not sure why the image doesnt show sad

No image

Feb 08 13 06:24 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

SHIRA wrote:
I would some constructive critique about my portfolio. I'm still farely new to the modeling world.

Thanks. smile

You have too many photos.. It makes people not want to look through your whole port.. If you're gonnanhave 4 photos up from each shoot they need to be really good ones, and I don't see that so I would advise you to keep it to 2 photos per shoot. Ex: the last two pictures in row one look the same .. Pick one!

Delete photos like this- not focused, messy hair/ make up, blank facial expression, bad posing, Bad editing, badly lite, and other technical issues which brings me to .. Work with better photographers, pay them if you have to!
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130206/11/5112ab851c7cb_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130206/08/5112842ab5ac4_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130111/07/50f029366d872_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130101/10/50e32e6e3bb0b_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121227/11/50dca39428467_m.jpg- cool idea but terrible makeup application
There are more so look through thoroughly

Keep photos like this: good editing,posing,makeup, and look over all polished
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130102/10/50e47a129a034_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130102/10/50e4773e50ab8_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130102/10/50e47769e96dd_m.jpg
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120402/12/4f79fa4b888d3_m.jpg


I would suggest you keep practicing- work on facial expressions and posing and study fashion magazines smile

Feb 08 13 06:41 am Link

Photographer

AJ_Photography

Posts: 14

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Would appreciate your thoughts

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121224/19/50d91c948e242.jpg

Feb 08 13 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

4 R D wrote:
I would appreciate your thoughts on this photo:

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31294625

Thank you. smile

First thought is I hate the bandana- it doesn't match at all and this image would look Better w some pinup style curls maybe.
Next thing I noticed is you should crop above her knee, it looks weird that her knees are showing lol, she's missing an arm, and the hand that is showing looks very awkward.

But over all I think for the most part the lighting could be more interesting but I think the pictures is pretty successful. I do think the model looks gorgeous love her dress and make up

Feb 09 13 10:51 am Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Anneliese Yang wrote:

Hello! Please specify

Feb 09 13 10:53 am Link

Photographer

4 R D

Posts: 1061

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

Rachel Reilly wrote:

First thought is I hate the bandana- it doesn't match at all and this image would look Better w some pinup style curls maybe.
Next thing I noticed is you should crop above her knee, it looks weird that her knees are showing lol, she's missing an arm, and the hand that is showing looks very awkward.

But over all I think for the most part the lighting could be more interesting but I think the pictures is pretty successful. I do think the model looks gorgeous love her dress and make up

Thank you. smile

Feb 09 13 06:20 pm Link

Model

Jem Iredale

Posts: 1769

Merrimac, Massachusetts, US

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120714/16/500204629b720_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120714/16/500205d919403_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120809/13/50242436cf65c_m.jpg

Feb 09 13 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Williams Photo

Posts: 125

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

I was learning a lot from critiques like these but got my mouth ripped (unfairly so in my opinion) out yesterday so I am afraid to venture out again. Oh, what the hell. Give it a go. Welcome to check out the whole port if you feel like it.


http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb213/mwilltn/RR1x575_zps51727e6d.jpg

Feb 09 13 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

RachelReilly

Posts: 1730

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Jem Iredale wrote:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120714/16/500204629b720_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120714/16/500205d919403_m.jpg

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120809/13/50242436cf65c_m.jpg

All snap shots ?

Feb 11 13 06:49 am Link