Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > i will tell you why I would pay you to model.

Model

Vicc Wu

Posts: 3

Boston, Massachusetts, US

big_smile

May 01 13 04:44 pm Link

Model

Not interested

Posts: 75

Allison, Iowa, US

here is a challenge.... would like to see what your gonna say big_smile

May 01 13 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Vicc Wu wrote:
big_smile

Well you have a face like an angel. 

Your portfolio is small and I would suggest that you get more photos in it as you have not reached the maximum allowed.  How about some in a little black dress, jeans, bathing suit, or whatever you are comfortable modeling in.

Your profile should be rewritten.  Saying you are not serious about modeling is very forthcoming but there is no need.  Say you are willing to explore it as a career option may be just as truthful and get better results.

I wish you well.  I would hire you because you are a diamond in the rough. Quite a pretty diamond.  Good luck.

May 01 13 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Elementum wrote:
here is a challenge.... would like to see what your gonna say big_smile

You are a big girl and I am sure there is a market for that.  Your size being neither here nor there, your portfolio is full of dark images where you are not smiling.  If you are going for the Gothic look you are pretty close.  But why not broaden your horizons and try something light and airy?

Your profile is short.  Your portfolio is also not very broad.  You need to expand both to give yourself a fair chance of landing some work.

Good Luck.

May 01 13 06:00 pm Link

Model

Jahanara

Posts: 124

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I'd like to know big_smile

May 05 13 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Chynecia De Ancariis wrote:
I'd like to know big_smile

I just did you.

May 07 13 02:34 pm Link

Model

Celine Sophia

Posts: 503

Santa Barbara, California, US

I would like to know please

May 07 13 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Celine Sophia wrote:
I would like to know please

You are quite pretty and have a good figure.  Your portfolio has a lot of good shots showing you in various outfits.  Your profile is short and succinct and indicates that you have a plan for your future.

I would not hire you because of your age. But you do have a lot to offer.  So promote yourself a little bit by trading comments with others and see what happens.

Good luck.

May 08 13 05:28 am Link

Model

Scarlett de la Calle

Posts: 414

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Would you pay me?

May 08 13 05:44 am Link

Model

Malina van Leuven

Posts: 86

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

I'd love to hear your opinion on my port, to see which way to imrove first of all.
Thanks!

Jun 15 13 04:50 pm Link

Model

BlackSilk_GothModel

Posts: 200

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

I don't think you shoot alt models based on your port, but if so, go ahead.

Jun 15 13 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Malinaa wrote:
I'd love to hear your opinion on my port, to see which way to imrove first of all.
Thanks!

You have a lovely smile and a trim figure.  Your profile indicates what  you would like to do.  Your portfolio has some shots that show you off well.

A suggestion would be to not place any limits. Let the photographer decide what he wants to shoot as he/she would be hopefully paying you to model.  Become his muse if that is what is required.  If you want to have a say about the content, then move to the other side of the lens. Saying you don't want to do nudity is fine yet one of your shots is topless.  Better maybe to say you are open to implied nudes if done tastefully.

I would maybe hire you as you have such a great figure and smile. I am sure you will do well and I wish you all of the best.

Jun 15 13 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Black_Silk wrote:
I don't think you shoot alt models based on your port, but if so, go ahead.

You are definitely doing some work in the alt category and I cannot pass judgment whether it is good or bad since I have no idea.  I like some of them though.  You do have  broad range of pictures in this particular category.

I question why you think this is the only thing you want to model for.  You are obviously attractive so why limit yourself.  It seems to me that if you want to model you want to be whatever the paying photographer wants you to be.  You are the product that you are selling so reach out to a broader base.  Or be true to your own self if that makes you happy.

You have a prolific profile.  (I like the way that sounds) It is a bit wordy for my taste but then you seem to have a lot of experience.  You list some people who you will not work with. Why?  Wouldn't it be enough to just tell them  you won't work with them?  I don't think listing their names will hurt their careers as much as it hurts yours.  Just a thought.

So 'no' I wouldn't hire you because I am not into the Gothic thing.  But good luck and all the best to you.

Jun 15 13 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Scarlett de la Calle wrote:
Would you pay me?

I must have let you slip through the cracks. I am so sorry.  That is really not like me to do that.

You have a good looking portfolio with a lot of interesting poses.  You don't have a lot of comments so you should work on getting your work notice more by trading comments with other on here.

Your profile is complete and to the point.  I don't know why you posted a photo of you with no make up on your main page.  Is this the image you are selling?  Probably not so what is the point. (I find women without make up attractive BTW)

So I would hire you because you have a pretty face, a nice figure and you seem at ease with some nudity. 

Good luck to you.

Jun 15 13 06:10 pm Link

Model

mariapantellismodel

Posts: 33

Derby, England, United Kingdom

Me please wink

Jun 15 13 07:20 pm Link

Model

Yves Malinka

Posts: 30

Newark, New Jersey, US

sure!

Jun 15 13 07:29 pm Link

Model

Malina van Leuven

Posts: 86

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

bob  n wrote:

You have a lovely smile and a trim figure.  Your profile indicates what  you would like to do.  Your portfolio has some shots that show you off well.

A suggestion would be to not place any limits. Let the photographer decide what he wants to shoot as he/she would be hopefully paying you to model.  Become his muse if that is what is required.  If you want to have a say about the content, then move to the other side of the lens. Saying you don't want to do nudity is fine yet one of your shots is topless.  Better maybe to say you are open to implied nudes if done tastefully.

I would maybe hire you as you have such a great figure and smile. I am sure you will do well and I wish you all of the best.

Thanks for the feedback, it was very useful, I am sure to change some things! smile

Jun 16 13 05:02 am Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

mariapantellismodel wrote:
Me please wink

You have a beautiful innocent face and a body that belies that innocence. Great figure on such a small frame.  I would like to see more shots in your port: swimsuit, little black dress, jeans, and  something elegant.

Your profile is short except for the hits per country counters.  I found that gizmo interesting which is what makes it bad. It detracts from the product you are selling-your lovely self.

I would hire you no doubt.  Good luck and stay happy and healthy.

Jun 16 13 07:12 am Link

Model

Myah Taylor

Posts: 1

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Me please(:

Jun 16 13 07:17 am Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Yuliya Vee wrote:
sure!

You are thin and have a great figure and an interesting face. You do look like  you could be Johnny Depp's sister.

You have a great portfolio with a wide variety of shots.  Since you live in New York I suggest you put together a physical portfolio and shop it around. You never know.

I would not hire you because I do Playboy style nudes. But you should do well.  Stay in school though.

Jun 16 13 07:17 am Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Jay Taber wrote:
Me please(:

Your profile is brief-maybe too brief and I don't often say that. I am going to assume you are new to this game and don't have a lot to talk about.

Your portfolio, with some exception, is a series of snap shots. You can do better.  Trade some time with a local photo and get some better shots in your port.

I would pay you to model because you have a great figure and you could use some better shots.   Best of luck to you.

Jun 16 13 07:24 am Link

Model

Ebony Links

Posts: 1

Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia

me?!

Jun 16 13 07:29 am Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Ebony Links wrote:
me?!

You are a lovely person with a great figure and great skin tone.  The tats leave me a little cold-its like I now have to paint on a canvas someone else has already started on. But those are your choice and I can respect that.  I wouldn't hire you because of them.

Your profile is well written and covers the pertinent points.  You have a port that shows you off very well. I think you will do very well because you have such a great figure.

Good luck and the best to you.

Jun 16 13 09:09 am Link

Model

Dimitrius C

Posts: 236

Gary, Indiana, US

I will give it go.  smile

Jun 16 13 08:34 pm Link

Model

Sarah_

Posts: 1487

Denver, Colorado, US

Let's see! big_smile

Jun 16 13 08:43 pm Link

Model

Yves Malinka

Posts: 30

Newark, New Jersey, US

bob  n wrote:

You are thin and have a great figure and an interesting face. You do look like  you could be Johnny Depp's sister.

You have a great portfolio with a wide variety of shots.  Since you live in New York I suggest you put together a physical portfolio and shop it around. You never know.

I would not hire you because I do Playboy style nudes. But you should do well.  Stay in school though.

Thanks for the insight! Really appreciate it.

Jun 16 13 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Dimitrius C wrote:
I will give it go.  smile

You area handsome fellow with a great physique.  Your port shows you off to good advantage.

Your profile is a bit much in my opinion.  Great quotes and certainly words of wisdom but not what I or anyone is looking for in a profile.  I would tone that down a bit and say something about yourself instead.

Good luck to you.

Jun 17 13 06:02 am Link

Photographer

Painless Pixels

Posts: 131

Modesto, California, US

Sarah_ wrote:
Let's see! big_smile

Wow!  Smart and beautiful.  I am going to have to look up that Menza calendar credit.

You have a great portfolio and you seemed to have had a lot of experience in a lot of places.  Your port shows you off well in a variety of styles.  There is nothing I can suggest to you as you have more experience than most.

Would I pay you to model, probably not.  You are very thin and not the body type I normally shoot.  It doesn't mean that others won't as you well know.

So good luck.  And eat something.

Jun 17 13 06:08 am Link

Model

Dimitrius C

Posts: 236

Gary, Indiana, US

bob  n wrote:

You area handsome fellow with a great physique.  Your port shows you off to good advantage.

Your profile is a bit much in my opinion.  Great quotes and certainly words of wisdom but not what I or anyone is looking for in a profile.  I would tone that down a bit and say something about yourself instead.

Good luck to you.

Thank you for feedback but I like the positive thoughts on my profile.  I am not the bragging type.  Plus the people I work with on my resume had no complaints and it is great to be positive.  When you do great things, work hard, believing in yourself, and being positive.  Good people will come around you when you being positive, feeling good, and enjoying life.  smile

Jun 17 13 07:03 am Link

Model

Sarah_

Posts: 1487

Denver, Colorado, US

bob  n wrote:

Wow!  Smart and beautiful.  I am going to have to look up that Menza calendar credit.

You have a great portfolio and you seemed to have had a lot of experience in a lot of places.  Your port shows you off well in a variety of styles.  There is nothing I can suggest to you as you have more experience than most.

Would I pay you to model, probably not.  You are very thin and not the body type I normally shoot.  It doesn't mean that others won't as you well know.

So good luck.  And eat something.

Thank you for the compliments. smile I do agree that we work in very different styles.

P. S.  I do eat. wink Where that food goes is still a mystery to me. Hah

Jun 17 13 08:23 am Link