Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > I need to amp up my look and create "my style"

Model

MISS ASH

Rochester, Minnesota, US

So I am extremely inspired by alt models such as Mosh, and I would like to take riskier photos more on the edge of fetish. I need to add intrigue as well as interesting poses. I need to do something with my hair, currently it is a blank slate of short brown hair. I feel as though picking my hair will jet set my "style" that I am trying to portray. I have a lot of people telling me to get extensions (which I plan on anyways) only about 14" long. But they want me to dye it in a pastel color, which I feel puts me into "scene" or "hipster" and can frankly, come out tacky. I would like to keep my short bettie bangs, and keeps the hair only slightly past my shoulders. But what color? dark? light? I need advice!

Dec 25 12 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

L Bass

Nacogdoches, Texas, US

I can't really give much credible advice on hair since I'm merely a lowly photographer, however I have worked with Mosh a couple of times and may have a shot or two that would inspire you.

Your port is rockin' and I wish you the best in your modeling career wink Lee

Dec 25 12 05:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

meower

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Can I see a photo of your hair now?

Dec 25 12 05:24 pm Link

Model

MISS ASH

Rochester, Minnesota, US

honestly, I dont have one, Ive been avoiding pictures like the plague. It is in the "mullet phase" and Im growing it out, but i need extensions as a cover up in the mean time.

Dec 25 12 05:37 pm Link

Model

Julia Steel

Sylvania, Ohio, US

i actually kind of liked the photo of you with red hair, was that a wig? it looked good!

Dec 25 12 05:45 pm Link

Model

MISS ASH

Rochester, Minnesota, US

No, it was all mine! And I miss that length.

Dec 25 12 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Barely StL

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

You have a good look for alt and fetish.

It's not just the model's style but also the photographer's that makes for good photos in these genres. Lighting is very important. Wardrobe, makeup, pose and props are also key.

Black or bright red hair seems to be most preferred for alt, and black hair, mid-length to long seems to be most preferred for fetish - but I've seen good alt and fetish photos with hair of all colors and lengths.

Beyond those observations, I'll defer to the hair stylists and MUA's.

Dec 25 12 07:06 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cynna Stylz MUA

New York, New York, US

Clip in extensions are great pieces to use. Check them out on HauteLook ASAP.

http://www.hautelook.com/event/25339hairdowb

Dec 25 12 09:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Katy G

Yucaipa, California, US

I think it's funner to switch up your color every so often rather than having a signature color that everyone is always expecting. Keep 'em guessing! wink

Google the color Wildflower by Special Effects. You'd look amazing with an ultraviolet purple shade like that.

Dec 26 12 09:52 am Link