Forums > Critique > What are you awesome at? A positive critique

Photographer

Darkroom Art

Posts: 657

JOBSTOWN, New Jersey, US

Since digital took over, I don't hand color prints anymore.
Therefore, how about a #2 ?

Thanks

Dec 27 12 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Posts: 4126

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

Do you hear the rustle outside in the bushes? Yeah, that is me. The swim was hell, could you put some coffee on?

I know what you mean about the swim -  at least somewhat lol - as I am a competitive open water swimmer -   but even I would not last long in the bloody pond this time of year lol

seriously though - if ever you decide to make the trip, my door is open - or perhaps I could catch up with you on one of my several trips to the EU each year?

Cheers smile

Dec 27 12 06:36 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Ann77 wrote:
#2 please!  Love your corsets!  smile

Wowza! Your face is electrifying! You're awesome at http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30342237

I'd love to see you on the front cover of vogue big_smile seriously, you can do anything - wear a flowerpot on your head and someone in Milan will buy it for a small fortune. Personally, I'd love you to do a shoot inspired by Audrey Hepburn.

Dec 27 12 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

bw fotograf

Posts: 209

Plano, Texas, US

#2, please. Am I awesome at anything yet? :-/

Dec 27 12 06:37 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Fotografica Gregor wrote:
I know what you mean about the swim -  at least somewhat lol - as I am a competitive open water swimmer -   but even I would not last long in the bloody pond this time of year lol

seriously though - if ever you decide to make the trip, my door is open - or perhaps I could catch up with you on one of my several trips to the EU each year?

Cheers smile

Competitive open water swimmer? Wow - you should call yourself a shark-racer! I'll take your advice about the Atlantic big_smile
I would love to come to the US, but at the moment very penny I have is going on my partner's education. It's in the works though! Let me know when you come over, I get over to Austria fairly often and the UK is great to visit smile

Dec 27 12 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

ZEPhoto

Posts: 191

Los Angeles, California, US

1 and 2 please!

BTW- I hope I find myself in England so I can shoot with you!

Dec 27 12 06:43 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Candy Drop Photography wrote:
2 please!
I've had a rough day and could use some positive feedback smile

You are awesome at this! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/20091106

I think from here, you should try working with a digital manipulator who does fairy tale image really well. A collaboration will open your eyes to things you didn't know about yourself, as well as getting a new twist on your images. I love your work, it is funky and unique - keep at it, and maybe try some body painted stuff- I think it might work for you smile

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you! Xx

Dec 27 12 06:45 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Posts: 1379

Detroit, Michigan, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

You are awesome at this - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30190439

You provoke a reaction, you ommand your own sense of beauty. From here, I'd love to see you do some headshot - you have beautiful eyes, and I would like to see more of them.

Would I work with you? Yes, and I would consider it a privilege.

Thank you so much! smile  Should I ever make it to your area, I would love to work with you as well.

Dec 27 12 06:45 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Select llamas wrote:
Hmmmm... OK... #2... wink

This is why you're awesome! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29252899

I want more of the awesome makeup, please! Your avatars cheer me up in the forums big_smile

Never be afraid to run away with your imagination. YOu have great instincts- go make some crazy, colourful shots!

Dec 27 12 06:48 pm Link

Model

Bobby Alonzo

Posts: 423

San Francisco, California, US

2!

Dec 27 12 06:51 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Darkroom Art wrote:
Since digital took over, I don't hand color prints anymore.
Therefore, how about a #2 ?

Thanks

You are awesome at this -  http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/22959864 18+

Your work is abstract and unusual, and I love that. I think you should try some outdoor work, see if you can replicate your use of shadow in the outside work, and use what you find there to cast the lines and shapes that really make your images shine smile

Dec 27 12 06:52 pm Link

Model

Demetra D

Posts: 1133

New York, New York, US

2 please smile

Dec 27 12 06:53 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

bw fotograf wrote:
#2, please. Am I awesome at anything yet? :-/

You sure are! You are awesome at this - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30591260
18+

The lighting here is amazing! From here, I want to see you shoot more like the image above. Try it without the guns/bullets, and see if you can capture the intensity of your beautiful model without the weaponry. My guess is, it'll turn out even better!

Dec 27 12 06:55 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Zombie Eye Photography wrote:
1 and 2 please!

BTW- I hope I find myself in England so I can shoot with you!

That is very sweet big_smile this is awesome - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30813942

I love the metallic shine! You have some great head shots, and I'd like to see if you can keep that metallic glint and engaging use of shadow going in some full length shots!

Would I work with ou? If you can promise me a headshot like the one above, the yes smile

Dec 27 12 06:58 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Salvador Alonzo wrote:
2!

You are awesome at this - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/24974977

Your face and eyes are expresive, and I'd like to see more of that. I'd live to see some professional fashion style head shots where we can see you engaging with the camera - you'd rock at it! Loving the waistcoat, it suits you smile

Dec 27 12 07:01 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Vanisa Dimitrova wrote:
2 please smile

This is awesome- http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31097046

More like this! You have a great pose in the top shot, and your expression is great for that shot. I'd like to see you do more urban fashion like this, and some more commercial beauty. Your face is lovely and your smile is charming!

Dec 27 12 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

bw fotograf

Posts: 209

Plano, Texas, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

You sure are! You are awesome at this - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30591260
18+

The lighting here is amazing! From here, I want to see you shoot more like the image above. Try it without the guns/bullets, and see if you can capture the intensity of your beautiful model without the weaponry. My guess is, it'll turn out even better!

Thank you! I'll do just that. I had to get that out of my system and Cat was the right model at the right time to realize the "B-Movie Poster" I saw in my head.

Cheers! :-)

Dec 27 12 07:05 pm Link

Model

Natasha Vaughn

Posts: 75

Delray Beach, Florida, US

Number two please smile

Dec 27 12 07:07 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Natasha Vaughn wrote:
Number two please smile

You're awesome at this! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30943023
You are still quite new, but you already know how to hold the camera's attention.

From here,I'd like to see a couple of clean, clear head shots (to attract more photographers) and I think you should get on to some smaller local latex designers. You are new, but your figure is great for it and you might get lucky smile

Dec 27 12 07:13 pm Link

Model

Julia Francesca

Posts: 2386

Maumee, Ohio, US

2 please, thank you! i plan to start shooting again in february.

Dec 27 12 07:20 pm Link

Photographer

justforfunphotography

Posts: 120

Los Angeles, California, US

Would love to hear smile Thanks!

Dec 27 12 07:22 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Posts: 2004

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

smile 2

Dec 27 12 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

chasecaleb

Posts: 154

Kansas City, Missouri, US

While I'm waiting for film to scan... 2! Thanks smile

Dec 27 12 07:23 pm Link

Model

Demetra D

Posts: 1133

New York, New York, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

This is awesome- http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31097046

More like this! You have a great pose in the top shot, and your expression is great for that shot. I'd like to see you do more urban fashion like this, and some more commercial beauty. Your face is lovely and your smile is charming!

Thank you!

Dec 27 12 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Darkroom Art

Posts: 657

JOBSTOWN, New Jersey, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

You are awesome at this -  http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/22959864 18+

Your work is abstract and unusual, and I love that. I think you should try some outdoor work, see if you can replicate your use of shadow in the outside work, and use what you find there to cast the lines and shapes that really make your images shine smile

Very cool, thank you.
You're dead on with going outdoors, I have been moving to it.
Right now it's a question of location & model privacy.

Dec 27 12 07:25 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Caustic Disco wrote:
2 please, thank you! i plan to start shooting again in february.

You are awesome at this - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29243474
There is some serious emotion in this shot, I love it.

Your fetish work is awesome- I would like to see more highly stylised fetish work from you, and some more like the above, too smile

Good luck shooting, and I look forward to seeing the results!

Dec 27 12 07:27 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

justforfunphotography wrote:
Would love to hear smile Thanks!

You are awesome at this! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29934285
The model looks like she is sharing a secret with the camera, and the lighting is perfect. Gorgeous!

Dec 27 12 07:29 pm Link

Model

Natasha Vaughn

Posts: 75

Delray Beach, Florida, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

You're awesome at this! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30943023
You are still quite new, but you already know how to hold the camera's attention.

From here,I'd like to see a couple of clean, clear head shots (to attract more photographers) and I think you should get on to some smaller local latex designers. You are new, but your figure is great for it and you might get lucky smile

Thank you smile
I wish I could ! I love latex... Unfortunately I am allergic to it *cry*  but thank you for you wonderful advice .

I looked through your port by the way, and you are absolutely stunning !

Dec 27 12 07:32 pm Link

Photographer

Ron Musser Photography

Posts: 107

Sacramento, California, US

numbers 1 and 2 please!

Dec 27 12 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Luyando

Posts: 22

Spring, Texas, US

1 big_smile

Dec 27 12 07:34 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Jessie Shannon wrote:
smile 2

Boy oh boy! You are awesome at this - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30364932
Such a pretty lady! Our face is beautiful, but somehow your eyes burn through that mask like the fires of hell you're tempting everyone towards.

I'd look at the rest of your port, but my iPad melted sad

I'd like to see you do some more shots like your avatar. You could probably shoot with anyone you wanted to, so I would love o see you shoot some beauty, and for some reason I like the idea of you shooting in an original series star trek uniform. You'd rock it smile

Dec 27 12 07:35 pm Link

Model

Jessie Shannon

Posts: 2004

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Awww thanks Luv !! smile  And I kinda like that Star Trek Idea smile

Dec 27 12 07:37 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

chasecaleb wrote:
While I'm waiting for film to scan... 2! Thanks smile

You are awesome at - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 3#31076104
The model and light are lovely smile

I think you have a nack for head shots. Grab some more models and shoot until what you captured above becomes second nature, and then experiment!

Dec 27 12 07:37 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Natasha Vaughn wrote:
Thank you smile
I wish I could ! I love latex... Unfortunately I am allergic to it *cry*  but thank you for you wonderful advice .

I looked through your port by the way, and you are absolutely stunning !

Thank you smile and that is a pity hmm in that case, I suggest you try chain mail. Harder to come by, but would look just a lovely on you!

Dec 27 12 07:39 pm Link

Photographer

chasecaleb

Posts: 154

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

You are awesome at - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 3#31076104
The model and light are lovely smile

I think you have a nack for head shots. Grab some more models and shoot until what you captured above becomes second nature, and then experiment!

Thank you! The model is my younger sister, taken in our basement late at night to testing out a new wireless flash trigger (about time) and soft box. I was surprised how well it turned out.

Dec 27 12 07:39 pm Link

Model

TrackBelle

Posts: 4485

Chicago, Illinois, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

You are awesome at this! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29082260
Your pose, expression and the overall shot make you look like a princess. Well done you!

From here, I think you should do more beauty. Your face is candy-sweet and you have a lovely innocence that shines in your head shots. I'd like to see you pull off some really extravagant colours!

Thanks, Evie smile

Dec 27 12 07:42 pm Link

Model

Johanne Alessia

Posts: 57

Columbus, Ohio, US

This is a great idea!
But since I don't make it to england much, I'll take a #2 (hahaha, a pun!)

Dec 27 12 07:42 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Ron Musser Photography wrote:
numbers 1 and 2 please!

You are awesome at this! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/19383250

I think ou should experiment more with shadow. Your black and white work is lovely, and the shadow you have adds a something special to them, especially the one above. Also, I think you should work with a really talented MUA to do something like the above shot with a high fashion look big_smile

Would I work with you? Hmmm..... Ask me again some time. You've got great potential in the direction I'm taking my port.

Dec 27 12 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

LA StarShooter

Posts: 1940

Los Angeles, California, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

You are very welcome smile thank you for joining in!

You are awesome at - http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29320529
I chose that one because you already know how good you are at swimsuits! I absolutely adore the location!

From here, I'd like to see you tackle some naked ladies.

Not literally of course tongue I think some art nudes in your beautiful locations would make for some seriously stunning images!

Thank you, very much. It was very nice of you to look at me. Your suggestion is good and something I have thought about, but my priority is building my book so I get to pitch local fashion stores. And by the end of next quarter I should be pitching local swimsuit designers, as well.

If a local model wanted to art nudes I think we could so something spectacular. But I don't think I'll hear from anyone on that, so building the portfolio it will be. I am doing a shoot around the Salton Sea. If you're not familiar with that it, please do look up on the net and you can see why California is such a fabled land for photography.

Dec 27 12 07:45 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Posts: 1201

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Johanne Alessia wrote:
This is a great idea!
But since I don't make it to england much, I'll take a #2 (hahaha, a pun!)

You are awesome at this! http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29751750
I love the tension and fashionable glamor!

I think you should do some more beauty, and some more runway!

Dec 27 12 07:46 pm Link