Forums > Model Colloquy > If you don't do TF, that's fine but....

Photographer

Natural Means

Yamba, New South Wales, Australia

Art of the nude wrote:

Roxy Vandiver wrote:
Sad, but mostly true.  When I want to shoot with an MM photographer, I make sure to read their profile in detail.

My profile specifically states that I don't book through MM, because I don't check it EVERY damn day, and that I prefer to be contacted via facebook because I get immediate notifications.

Yet, I still sign on after a week or two and have half a dozen messages from people wanting to shoot.

READ MY PROFILE.  It's not that difficult and any questions you might have will probably be answered if you do.

As for working TF, my profile says "depends on assignment" and I am honest about that.  If you're a kickass photographer and I think collaborating would benefit my portfolio, then I'll definitely shoot TF. 

If I'm not into your work, you're getting messaged back with rates.  Sorry!

Personally, I check portfolios BEFORE I contact someone to shoot, and I do most communication with models on FB anyway.   My browser has this neat feature called "tabs" that lets me have more than one site open at a time.

Well bully for you. :-)

The person being contacted has to check the originators profile AFTER  the contact. And way simpler networking  on a smartphone to stay on one site in my opinion.

Jan 10 13 06:16 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Natural Means wrote:
The person being contacted has to check the originators profile AFTER  the contact. And way simpler networking  on a smartphone to stay on one site in my opinion.

The person being contacted decided that it was a better way, for her.  I don't think she's going to complain about it not being convenient.

Jan 10 13 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

AJScalzitti wrote:
But all serious llamas trade shoot, it's just been part of the bizz for decades.  It doesn't matter if the llama is Coco,

Yeah , I TF'd with Coco

see my avatar

smile

Though i doubt there is anything i could offer her now at this point in her career - She probably calls Meisel if she wants to TF)

Jan 10 13 08:52 pm Link

Model

Roxy Vandiver

Houston, Texas, US

Roxy Vandiver wrote:
Sad, but mostly true.  When I want to shoot with an MM photographer, I make sure to read their profile in detail.

My profile specifically states that I don't book through MM, because I don't check it EVERY damn day, and that I prefer to be contacted via facebook because I get immediate notifications.

Yet, I still sign on after a week or two and have half a dozen messages from people wanting to shoot.

READ MY PROFILE.  It's not that difficult and any questions you might have will probably be answered if you do.

As for working TF, my profile says "depends on assignment" and I am honest about that.  If you're a kickass photographer and I think collaborating would benefit my portfolio, then I'll definitely shoot TF. 

If I'm not into your work, you're getting messaged back with rates.  Sorry!

Natural Means wrote:
Sorry but referring someone from MM to another website for booking or interest makes no sense to me. Then what? Back to MM to check portfolios then back to wherever to say yes then back to MM to exchange examples etc etc etc.

Art of the nude wrote:
Personally, I check portfolios BEFORE I contact someone to shoot, and I do most communication with models on FB anyway.   My browser has this neat feature called "tabs" that lets me have more than one site open at a time.

^Exactly.  If you see my MM port, then hit me up on Facebook.  I'll check out your port and we'll go from there.  It's really not that difficult or complicated.  It works for me. 

And as I stated - who has time to check MM EVERY day?  Maybe people who aren't constantly working and booking.  But I am.  I can check Facebook any moment of the day because I get immediate notifications on my phone.  And MOST models and photographers have a lot of their work on their FB profiles anyway.  I know I do.

Until MM comes up with a phone App, it's just not as accessible.

Actually, the reason I'm logged into MM this very moment is to check out the port of a photographer who messaged me on FB.

Jan 10 13 08:52 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

OmnyRa wrote:
I get a little pissy when I pitch an idea to a model to see if she's interested, or just say I'd love to shoot with her sometime, and her reply is, "I don't do TF".  Like yourself, that's the end of effort for me.  Not sure why I find it insulting, but I figure they would at least ask if it's a paying  job instead of thinking I'm looking for a freebie. Maybe that's why it gets on my nerves when they do that- it's like they're accusing me of asking for a handout, and sometimes this is for profiles that clearly state they don't do TF.

Total random sidebar!

I got a little pissy myself when a local photographer agreed to do tf with me after I sent him my idea for a shoot. Then after I sent him a video of an example he ended all communications with me, cold. However in a couple months he had a picture in his portfolio, (still does) with the exact concept that I pitched to him.

Grumble...what can you do. Lesson learned, don't share so fast!
Jen
p.s. and he is very good and did a great job too, the jerk, (for ceasing all communication with me...oh well, maybe ...who cares)

Jan 10 13 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

AJScalzitti wrote:
But all serious models trade shoot, it's just been part of the bizz for decades.  It doesn't matter if the model is Coco,

Garry k wrote:
Yeah , I TF'd with Coco

see my avatar

smile

Though i doubt there is anything i could offer her now at this point in her career - She probably calls Meisel if she wants to TF)

I suspect everyone who has ever been in the forums already knows.

Jan 10 13 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

no just the oldtimers

i am here to give hope to the newcomers

Jan 10 13 09:15 pm Link