Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Any Sikhs here?

Model

Erin Holmes

Posts: 6574

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

I just received my spiritual name from 3HO using the Siri Singh Sahib's method, and I'm so happy smile

Jan 09 13 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Digital Photo PLUS

Posts: 5503

Lorton, Virginia, US

Not yay!!!

Jan 09 13 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Posts: 13750

Brooklyn, New York, US

Not a Sikh, but I'm familiar.  Congrats!  smile

Jan 09 13 09:38 pm Link

Model

Erin Holmes

Posts: 6574

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Lumatic wrote:
Not a Sikh, but I'm familiar.  Congrats!  smile

Thanks! ^_^ The husband and I just got back from visiting our family in New Mexico, and we've pretty much decided we are definitely moving there once we are done with my husband's term with the Navy here (about a year and a half) so we can be close to the Gurudwara when we start poppin' babies out.

Jan 09 13 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Lumatic

Posts: 13750

Brooklyn, New York, US

Erin Holmes wrote:

Thanks! ^_^ The husband and I just got back from visiting our family in New Mexico, and we've pretty much decided we are definitely moving there once we are done with my husband's term with the Navy here (about a year and a half) so we can be close to the Gurudwara when we start poppin' babies out.

Sweet!  I've had some good times around Angel Fire, Taos and Santa Fe.

Jan 09 13 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Posts: 8296

Austin, Texas, US

Erin Holmes wrote:
just received my spiritual name from 3HO using the Siri Singh Sahib's method

because it's perhaps less common here in the USA, curious, if one might ask, how were you introduced to Sikhism ... ?

Jan 10 13 12:44 pm Link

Model

Erin Holmes

Posts: 6574

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Vector 38 wrote:

because it's perhaps less common here in the USA, curious, if one might ask, how were you introduced to Sikhism ... ?

My husband is Sikh, he was born into it to parents who converted back in the 70's when Siri Singh Sahib was cultivating a following in California and New Mexico.

Jan 10 13 09:15 pm Link

Model

Erin Holmes

Posts: 6574

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Lumatic wrote:

Sweet!  I've had some good times around Angel Fire, Taos and Santa Fe.

I love all of New Mexico, but Taos is amazing!! I went crazy shopping lol.

Jan 10 13 09:15 pm Link

Model

HellBelle

Posts: 19959

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Erin Holmes wrote:

I love all of New Mexico, but Taos is amazing!! I went crazy shopping lol.

Taos is my favorite city in the whole US.

Hit up Rancho de Chimayo for AHMAZING foods. Seriously. I ate to the point of wanting to puke, and I STILL wanted more foods.

Jan 11 13 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

Posts: 64209

New York, New York, US

...and ye shall find.  smile

Jan 11 13 07:53 am Link

Model

Erin Holmes

Posts: 6574

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

HellBelle wrote:

Taos is my favorite city in the whole US.

Hit up Rancho de Chimayo for AHMAZING foods. Seriously. I ate to the point of wanting to puke, and I STILL wanted more foods.

That's pretty much how I feel about all New Mexican food lol. We seriously chowed down while we were there. I looked at the Rancho's menu and they don't have a lot of vegetarian options, probably why our in-laws didn't take us there. We ate at a middle eastern place in Taos, very good food but terrible service hmm

Jan 11 13 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

scrymettet

Posts: 32271

Quebec, Quebec, Canada

Sikhism, interesting topic.
I had a little introduction to it in India

Jan 11 13 05:07 pm Link