Forums > Newbie Forum > Somewhat new MUA with a love for horror

Makeup Artist

Sea-Bee FX

Lewisville, Texas, US

I joined MM last summer, but I never really thought about making a "hello" post as it were. I'm a MUA, but I specialize in horror, fantasy and conceptual themes. At least, that's what I enjoy doing the most. I only recently started taking my hobby seriously - in hopes of making it a profession one day. Joining MM was my first step into pushing myself further.

I'm hoping to meet some new folks in the area in order to branch out. I double as a photographer for my own work, but the more detailed the make up job, the longer it makes my day doing the photography as well, haha. Luckily I have met with a few new photographers, but I'm also hoping to meet some new models.

Also, seeing some of the other MUA's on here is really inspiring!

Jan 10 13 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

GeM Photographic

Chicago, Illinois, US

Welcome to the Mayhem!

If you are doing horror themed make-up effects, you need to shoot at the haunted bridge in Denton.

Jan 10 13 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

Caveman Creations

Fort Worth, Texas, US

GeM Photographic wrote:
Welcome to the Mayhem!

If you are doing horror themed make-up effects, you need to shoot at the haunted bridge in Denton.

You're not too terribly far from me. Denton, heh that could be fun! We have "Old Foamy" here in Cleburne, but the newspaper said that the monster that lived there left years ago. sad Maybe, we need you to drum us up a new monster! big_smile

Jan 11 13 05:12 am Link

Makeup Artist

Sea-Bee FX

Lewisville, Texas, US

GeM Photographic wrote:
Welcome to the Mayhem!

Goatman's bridge? Or am I thinking of a different one?

Either way, that would make for an interesting set one day. Thanks!

Jan 11 13 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

GeM Photographic

Chicago, Illinois, US

GeM Photographic wrote:
Welcome to the Mayhem!

Chelsea Baucom wrote:
Goatman's bridge? Or am I thinking of a different one?

Either way, that would make for an interesting set one day. Thanks!

That's the one. Shot there a few times (not with models). Didn't see any ghosts, saw plenty of mosquitoes and snakes.

Jan 13 13 09:30 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Sea-Bee FX

Lewisville, Texas, US

GeM Photographic wrote:
That's the one. Shot there a few times (not with models). Didn't see any ghosts, saw plenty of mosquitoes and snakes.

There's definitely plenty of that.

When the weather here decides to calm down and figure out what it wants to do, I need to go on a hunt for new locations like it.

Jan 14 13 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

GeM Photographic

Chicago, Illinois, US

Chelsea Baucom wrote:

There's definitely plenty of that.

When the weather here decides to calm down and figure out what it wants to do, I need to go on a hunt for new locations like it.

The old bridge would make a great location for a "SteamPunk" themed shoot. The underside of the modern bridge also has possibilities. Just watch out for rattlers and water moccasins.

Jan 16 13 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

F O R B E S

New York, New York, US

Love your work. Wish you lived closer sad Best of luck!

Jan 18 13 07:02 am Link

Makeup Artist

Sea-Bee FX

Lewisville, Texas, US

Jason B Forbes wrote:
Love your work. Wish you lived closer sad Best of luck!

Thank you! You have some great work as well.

Jan 18 13 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Tempe, Arizona, US

Chelsea,

Welcome to MM!

I wish you the Best of Success in all of your endeavors out here!

Kindest regards,
Edward

Jan 18 13 09:27 pm Link