Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Are You Ready For Some Football [Critique]!!!

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

I'll respond to your port in football terminology (in honor of the playoffs).  It's either a:

- Touchdown! (you're on your way to the SuperBowl)
- Field Goal (you'll make the Playoffs)
- Extra Point (you'll need some practice, but you can compete)
- Fumble (you should consider switching sports)
- No Contest (there's no crying in football, but I'm starting to tear)

I'll may also respond with my highlight of your port if you leave a comment.

And it's Kickoff!

Jan 13 13 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Posts: 4122

Alexandria, Virginia, US

oh why not -  I grew up with "football" meaning a different game completely - but have come to enjoy the American variety.....  and to calling the world's game "soccer".....

Jan 13 13 01:22 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Fotografica Gregor wrote:
oh why not -  I grew up with "football" meaning a different game completely - but have come to enjoy the American variety.....  and to calling the world's game "soccer".....

A very nice way to start off the game.  A long drive down the field, with a close play at the goal line, but upon further review, it sneaks into the end zone...

Touchdown!

No real highlights however, just lots of ground and pound.

And you're right, I should clarify.  This is Futbol Americano!  But anyone can play this game.

Jan 13 13 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Kurt

Posts: 71

Tucson, Arizona, US

There might be a penalty or to involved but always will to throw a "Hail Mary". What you got ??

Jan 13 13 01:35 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Posts: 4122

Alexandria, Virginia, US

photos by dante wrote:

A very nice way to start off the game.  A long drive down the field, with a close play at the goal line, but upon further review, it sneaks into the end zone...

Touchdown!

No real highlights however, just lots of ground and pound.

And you're right, I should clarify.  This is Futbol Americano!  But anyone can play this game.

Well - I'm glad I scored smile wonder how long the booth review took lol.  Really enjoying the divisional playoffs this weekend - but still have a soft spot in my heart for the Deutscher Fußball-Bund

Cheers smile

Jan 13 13 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Shawn Kurt wrote:
There might be a penalty or to involved but always will to throw a "Hail Mary". What you got ??

Yessir...A short drive down the field plagued by quite a few penalties, your kick barely sailed through the uprights as a consolation...

Extra Point.

The play calling wasn't consistent, and the plays themselves didn't seem well thought out.

This image gives lots of hope I'd think!

http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/14220024 +18

Jan 13 13 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Fotografica Gregor wrote:

Well - I'm glad I scored smile wonder how long the booth review took lol.  Really enjoying the divisional playoffs this weekend - but still have a soft spot in my heart for the Deutscher Fußball-Bund

Cheers smile

Booth review was pretty long, but the call on the field stood.  Not confirmed.

These divisional games have been great!  As an American Football fan, you have to love.

Jan 13 13 01:45 pm Link

Model

Maruschke

Posts: 543

Darfield, Canterbury, New Zealand

big_smile yes please

Jan 13 13 07:52 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Maruschke wrote:
big_smile yes please

Extra Point is good!

It was an easy score, but there wasn't enough of a strong offense to score more than 1 point.  Some of the blame falls on the direction of your head coaches and their play calling.  You have the ability to score more.

Jan 14 13 11:36 am Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Posts: 12466

Newark, New Jersey, US

Fun count me in!

Jan 14 13 11:54 am Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:
Fun count me in!

Field Goal splits the uprights!

This field goal was a chip shot.  Good long drive, with some very good plays mixed in between, but just wasn't able to score inside the Red Zone.  The offensive playbook is unique, but is in need of one or two home run plays.

This was my favorite play.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120426/07/4f9959bc440e4_m.jpg

Jan 14 13 12:21 pm Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Posts: 12466

Newark, New Jersey, US

photos by dante wrote:

Field Goal splits the uprights!

This field goal was a chip shot.  Good long drive, with some very good plays mixed in between, but just wasn't able to score inside the Red Zone.  The offensive playbook is unique, but is in need of one or two home run plays.

Haha thanks! big_smile

Jan 14 13 12:23 pm Link

Model

_eMMe_

Posts: 842

Florence, Toscana, Italy

I'm in play!

Jan 14 13 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

_eMMe_ wrote:
I'm in play!

Good, consistent drive.  Very nice play calling.  But the offense isn't particularly fun to watch.  It lacks a star quality.  I feel like your next drive is more likely to yield an extra point than it is to score a touchdown.  The 'naked bootleg' is your best play.

Jan 14 13 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

JSMphotos

Posts: 367

Bentonville, Arkansas, US

Seeing as my cable has been out all weekend I'll take whatever at home football I can get! (Neat idea btw)

Jan 14 13 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

Byron Chua

Posts: 231

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

smile

Jan 14 13 04:43 pm Link

Model

Emily Smiles

Posts: 295

Columbia, South Carolina, US

sounds fun! what do you think?

Jan 14 13 04:45 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

JSMphotos wrote:
Seeing as my cable has been out all weekend I'll take whatever at home football I can get! (Neat idea btw)

Pure smash-mouth football here at its finest.  Not much finesse here, but you get the job done.  The defense knows what to expect.  A brutally long drive with a few minor penalties wiped out by some clutch 3rd downs, you eventually score a...

Touchdown...but just barely.

Jan 14 13 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Byron Chua wrote:
smile

Your team lined up for an easy field goal, but it was blocked.  That's what happens when you don't have enough men on the field.

Jan 14 13 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Emily Smiles wrote:
sounds fun! what do you think?

So I didn't get to see your team really play, but fortunately I was able to see and read about it in a magazine.  Your style of play looks decent, but I'm worried you focus too much on looking good, and you forget where the end zone is or how to get there.  Your team eventually settles for a...

Field Goal

Jan 14 13 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

JSMphotos

Posts: 367

Bentonville, Arkansas, US

photos by dante wrote:

Pure smash-mouth football here at its finest.  Not much finesse here, but you get the job done.  The defense knows what to expect.  A brutally long drive with a few minor penalties wiped out by some clutch 3rd downs, you eventually score a...

Touchdown...but just barely.

lol - love the analysis; thanks! smile

Yep, need time to develop more finesse plays. But glad to have been able to pull out that clutch touchdown given my short season. wink

Jan 14 13 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Maria Panina

Posts: 139

New York, New York, US

I'll try not to get lost in football terms) Shoot!

Jan 14 13 05:45 pm Link

Model

Autumn Rose Brightly

Posts: 1097

Crowley, Texas, US

Unlike the Panthers this year, I'm in big_smile

Jan 14 13 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Maria Panina wrote:
I'll try not to get lost in football terms) Shoot!

The ingredients for a stellar offense are there.  Great players, creative playbook, and the desire to get in the end zone are there.  What this team needs is a special teams coach that can clean up what's there and really make this team special.  Until then, unfortunately it walks away with a...

Field Goal.

Jan 14 13 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Autumn Rose Brightly wrote:
Unlike the Panthers this year, I'm in big_smile

I feel like your team is running around on the sidelines yelling "Where's the coach?".  "Has anyone seen the damn coaches!?".  Your team is PLAGUED by bad coaching.  Find a new coaching staff.  The players seem willing, but they look as if they'd just fumble the ball away in a heartbeat.

Jan 14 13 06:20 pm Link

Model

Rena

Posts: 9488

Greenville, North Carolina, US

ok

Jan 14 13 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Maria Panina

Posts: 139

New York, New York, US

photos by dante wrote:

The ingredients for a stellar offense are there.  Great players, creative playbook, and the desire to get in the end zone are there.  What this team needs is a special teams coach that can clean up what's there and really make this team special.  Until then, unfortunately it walks away with a...

Field Goal.

Thanks, that was fun) And I didn't score too bad being a newbie at American  football. We'll  keep working on the coaching.

Jan 14 13 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Rena wrote:
ok

Oooh...It was a pleasure watching you play.  A very nice signature style.  Would love to see you play a little bit more loose, but what you do works, so go with it. 

Touchdown.

Jan 14 13 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Durazo

Posts: 24433

Los Angeles, California, US

Give it a go!

Jan 14 13 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Andy Durazo wrote:
Give it a go!

Did your team read the play book?  They ran quite a few plays without even using a ball.  That's not what Football is about.  You need a ball... Just having a field doesn't work here.  For the plays your team did utilize the ball, the results were inconsistent, and given good ingredients for success, the final result was a few yards here and there before your team eventually fumbled.  I'd suggest Track and FIELD.

Jan 14 13 09:53 pm Link

Model

Rachel Love

Posts: 293

Los Angeles, California, US

I am in. :-)

Jan 15 13 03:09 am Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Rachel Love wrote:
I am in. :-)

Just not enough offense to really score much.  Blame some of it on your playbook and your coaching.  I see you wanting to get into that end zone, but it's going to take some work in all areas of your game.  You managed to hit an Extra Point, but even that was no easy task.

Jan 15 13 07:41 am Link

Model

Melodye Joy

Posts: 542

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

I can't kick a football if I tried.....but just the same, how am I lookin?

Jan 15 13 09:35 am Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Melodye Joy wrote:
I can't kick a football if I tried.....but just the same, how am I lookin?

My goodness, your team can kick Field Goal, after Field Goal, after Field goal with absolutely no problem.  Not too flashy, but very consistent.  If you decided to go for a Touchdown, you'd probably make it based on the quality of your plays.

Jan 15 13 10:10 am Link

Photographer

FemmeArtPhoto

Posts: 130

Washington, District of Columbia, US

In

Jan 15 13 10:18 am Link

Photographer

L Raye

Posts: 5028

Petaluma, California, US

I'm in.

Jan 15 13 10:24 am Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

FemmeArtPhoto wrote:
In

Interesting.  I feel like this is a team that has grown way too comfortable with kicking Extra Points.  And lots of them.  Maybe a field goal on the rare occasion, along with a fumble here and there, but almost all Extra Points.  But your team is good at that.

Jan 15 13 10:32 am Link

Model

Melodye Joy

Posts: 542

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

photos by dante wrote:

My goodness, your team can kick Field Goal, after Field Goal, after Field goal with absolutely no problem.  Not too flashy, but very consistent.  If you decided to go for a Touchdown, you'd probably make it based on the quality of your plays.

Best start making a Superbowl ring in a size 5 cause I'm off like a heard of ninja turtles! haha. Thank you very much smile

Jan 15 13 10:38 am Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

L Raye wrote:
I'm in.

Easy Field Goal.  Your playbook lacked a home run play, but the play calling was consistent, varied, and creative enough.  But when in the red zone, and it was time to score, I couldn't find a play that would get the job done.

Jan 15 13 10:39 am Link

Retoucher

pxspace

Posts: 1046

Braşov, Braşov, Romania

Can I play? smile

Jan 15 13 11:20 am Link