Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > Are You Ready For Some Football [Critique]!!!

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

pxspace wrote:
Can I play? smile

Holy Crud, you can definitely play!  A special teams coach, but from what I can tell, a very good one.  It would have been nice to see the raw package...what your team looked like before it took the field.  But on the field, your team was quite a pleasure to view...

Touchdown!

I was tempted to also give the +2 Point conversion, but I need to see the raw package to ensure there was no cheating.

Either way, well done.  Hell yeah.

Jan 15 13 11:35 am Link

Model

Ann77

Posts: 175

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'll play!  Hopefully you won't bench me.  smile

Jan 15 13 11:37 am Link

Retoucher

pxspace

Posts: 1046

Braşov, Braşov, Romania

photos by dante wrote:

Holy Crud, you can definitely play!  A special teams coach, but from what I can tell, a very good one.  It would have been nice to see the raw package...what your team looked like before it took the field.  But on the field, your team was quite a pleasure to view...

Touchdown!

I was tempted to also give the +2 Point conversion, but I need to see the raw package to ensure there was no cheating.

Either way, well done.  Hell yeah.

Thank you! smile

Jan 15 13 11:50 am Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Ann77 wrote:
I'll play!  Hopefully you won't bench me.  smile

Ah...I love seeing your team in the magazines.  You definitely won't be benched (and I think you know this already), but I was a bit disappointed in your team's performance.  Don't get me wrong, your team's uniforms are quite pretty, but it seems as if you don't like to get them dirty...at all.  Can't score too many touchdowns without a dirty uniform.  But maybe you're not interested in getting dirty or scoring touchdowns, and you're ok with your team looking clean and pretty for the magazines, which is quite ok.  I'd call on you to kick a Field Goal at any time however.

Jan 15 13 11:54 am Link

Model

Ann77

Posts: 175

Atlanta, Georgia, US

photos by dante wrote:
Ah...I love seeing your team in the magazines.  You definitely won't be benched (and I think you know this already), but I was a bit disappointed in your team's performance.  Don't get me wrong, your team's uniforms are quite pretty, but it seems as if you don't like to get them dirty...at all.  Can't score too many touchdowns without a dirty uniform.  But maybe you're not interested in getting dirty or scoring touchdowns, and you're ok with your team looking clean and pretty for the magazines, which is quite ok.  I'd call on you to kick a Field Goal at any time however.

Thank you!  All my uniforms are borrowed!  But I do need to get a little dirt on them for a change!  I agree!

Jan 15 13 12:22 pm Link

Model

B E A R

Posts: 474

Riverside, California, US

Okie

Jan 15 13 02:13 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Bear wrote:
Okie

If I had money to invest into a team, you would definitely get a cut.  You have a solid game plan, varied play calling, and decent coaching.  But everything is merely 'good' when I feel like you're one step from 'better than good', maybe even 'great'.  Could still afford to mix things up even a bit more, but things look good.  But definitely a team I wish I could watch in person.

Field Goal

Jan 15 13 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

TDSImages

Posts: 859

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Me next?

Jan 15 13 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

LLOYD WRIGHT

Posts: 664

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

please don't sack me!

Jan 15 13 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

TDSImages wrote:
Me next?

A very nice drive bolstered on some highlight plays...but...it stalled in the end zone, and ultimately went to the booth for closer review.  Unfortunately, no touchdown.  The play calling was excellent and creative, but I think the execution wasn't as polished as it could have been.  A Field Goal, albeit, from the 1 yard line.  Ouch!

Most polished play...
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121226/15/50db88f78d630_m.jpg

Jan 15 13 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

LLOYD WRIGHT wrote:
please don't sack me!

Touchdown

I'm not sure why, but there were quite a few plays that I found quite interesting.  I was put into a mood while watching you execute your offense.  It didn't excite me, and I was never blown away by one single play, but I think I was more enraptured, and by the time I blinked, you were already in the end zone.  I'm not quite sure how that happened honestly.  I just keep rubbing my eyes and asking for my mommy.

Jan 15 13 07:18 pm Link

Model

all_names_are_taken

Posts: 337

Ankeny, Iowa, US

Football?

Jan 15 13 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

LLOYD WRIGHT

Posts: 664

Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom

photos by dante wrote:

Touchdown

I'm not sure why, but there were quite a few plays that I found quite interesting.  I was put into a mood while watching you execute your offense.  It didn't excite me, and I was never blown away by one single play, but I think I was more enraptured, and by the time I blinked, you were already in the end zone.  I'm not quite sure how that happened honestly.  I just keep rubbing my eyes and asking for my mommy.

thank you you time and thoughts. i didn't realise i was so quick on the ball!

cheers ears
lloyd.

Jan 16 13 03:56 am Link

Model

Miroslava Svoboda

Posts: 555

Seattle, Washington, US

Football it is

Jan 16 13 04:00 am Link

Photographer

A Preppy Photography

Posts: 329

San Jose, California, US

Blue Fourty-Two . . .

Blue Fourty-Two . . .


Rover, Set


Hut, Hut . . .  HIKE!!!
(Go Niners!) wink

Jan 16 13 04:12 am Link

Photographer

TDSImages

Posts: 859

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

photos by dante wrote:

A very nice drive bolstered on some highlight plays...but...it stalled in the end zone, and ultimately went to the booth for closer review.  Unfortunately, no touchdown.  The play calling was excellent and creative, but I think the execution wasn't as polished as it could have been.  A Field Goal, albeit, from the 1 yard line.  Ouch!

As a football coach myself, this was FUN!!!!!  Thank you!

Jan 16 13 07:41 am Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

all_names_are_taken wrote:
Football?

American Football [specifically] is a game where you take an oval ball, make it do really pretty or interesting things, all the while attempting to move it towards a goal.  Much like model photography in my opinion.  And your portfolio is your team.  And the contents of your portfolio display your gameplan.  Your team seems somewhat no-frills.  Almost as if they don't seriously want to play.  There's a decent 'body of work', but there's a detachment from any real emotion

Extra Point

Jan 16 13 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

Miroslava Svoboda wrote:
Football it is

Touchdown

A quality, and varied playbook.  Your team is good and knows what it's doing.  No big highlight plays, but never a struggle to get the first down.

Jan 16 13 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

A Preppy Photography wrote:
Blue Fourty-Two . . .

Blue Fourty-Two . . .


Rover, Set


Hut, Hut . . .  HIKE!!!
(Go Niners!) wink

I understand your team is new to this sport...it shows.  So although you got on the field and did nothing but fumble, the refs felt bad and gave you an Extra Point anyway.  But start practicing (preferably away from the hotel).  And remember that it's not enough to stick a pretty player on the field without giving them the framework to succeed.

Jan 16 13 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

A Preppy Photography

Posts: 329

San Jose, California, US

photos by dante wrote:
I understand your team is new to this sport...it shows.  So although you got on the field and did nothing but fumble, the refs felt bad and gave you an Extra Point anyway.  But start practicing (preferably away from the hotel).  And remember that it's not enough to stick a pretty player on the field without giving them the framework to succeed.

Yeah, after starting last year/season, I'm starting to see how similar my work is to Kyle Williams - lotta heart, but fumbling and falling more than necessary. It's a new season, so I'm hopeful to find supporting coaches at practice sessions that can help me get into that endzone.

Thanks for the pep-talk, Coach.

WHO GOT IT BETTER THAN MAYHEM?
NOBODY!

Jan 16 13 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Posts: 3377

Tempe, Arizona, US

Sounds interesting!

Jan 18 13 06:10 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

EdwardKristopher wrote:
Sounds interesting!

Wow...way too many plays that look the same.  You're not fooling the defense.  Lots of fumbles, but also quite a few field goals.  In the end, it seems as if your team is treading water.  Quality over quantity isn't part of your playbook.  Cut down on the play calling and work on hitting the big play.  Till then, just by law of averages, this is an...

Extra Point

Jan 19 13 08:02 am Link

Photographer

ShotbyRon

Posts: 767

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I love this idea ha. Being a die hard football fan! I'm closing in on my first full year of doing this. So some insight would be nice.

Jan 19 13 08:07 am Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

ShotbyRon wrote:
I love this idea ha. Being a die hard football fan! I'm closing in on my first full year of doing this. So some insight would be nice.

Another rookie team.  And once again it shows, but let's ignore the obvious fumbles here and focus on the potential.  1) You're going to have to learn to play within the hash marks.  Some of your plays are badly cropped. 2) You're going to have to learn to play in bad/different lighting conditions.  And if they don't work for you, change it up yourself 3) Get more polished players, and surround them with better coaching.  Get someone to make their uniforms prettier. 4) Find better fields to play on. 5) When your team is done playing, go home, and do a better job working on the plays.  Learn to highlight the positives, downplay the negatives.  After you leave the field, the game still continues.  Good luck.

Jan 19 13 08:19 am Link

Model

StacieMaria

Posts: 373

Hollywood, Florida, US

I'm in !! smile

Jan 20 13 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

photos by dante

Posts: 89

New York, New York, US

StacieMaria wrote:
I'm in !! smile

Not a bad team.  Clearly the Naked Bootleg is your favorite play, and although good, I wouldn't necessarily say it is your best.  You seem to be a natural, and look comfortable on the field.    You have the ability to make edgy plays that others can not solely based on your looks.

Field Goal

Jan 21 13 06:50 am Link

Photographer

OmnyRa

Posts: 1029

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Just when I thought I'd gotten over what happened to my Broncos...but why not? :^)

Feb 02 13 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Posts: 2395

Los Angeles, California, US

Ok!

Feb 02 13 01:04 pm Link

Model

Ceci L

Posts: 235

Villena, Valencia, Spain

I play smile

Feb 02 13 01:54 pm Link