Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Need help styling hair!

Makeup Artist

Chelsea clover jackson

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Hi everyone!
I'm a MUA just getting into the industry and need a little help. I haven't gone to school yet and have just been doing TFP's therefore I do not know much about styling hair. I like to be able to bring everything to the table when participating in a shoot including hair not just makeup.Are there any websites I can visit that have tutorials on hair? I don't think that I necessarily need to go to school for hair just yet not to mention I am a very fast learner. Everything I have learned so far has been from following other artists reading and watching tutorials. Any advice?

Jan 16 13 07:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Vanita MUA

Seattle, Washington, US

I am not trained in hair either, but it seems to go hand in hand with makeup. I've just been watching hair tutorials on youtube and practicing on all my girlfriends. My ability to do hair has improved tons.

Jan 16 13 07:43 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Keila Sone

Harrison, New Jersey, US

Jan 17 13 06:18 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

I have tried to offer some advice in answering your question without making it sound like a rant.  I keep re-writing a response over and over that will be helpful.  As I keep reading your posting I  get from it that you feel you can just side step a lot of hard work and are just playing at this. Which is insulting to all of us that have put in so much time, long hours of hard work, taken classes and put up with crap just to stay a float.  This business is not easy.  But it can be very rewarding.  Please don't think you can watch a video and ask us to help you because you don't feel you need more then that to do hair to make yourself look better to clients.  I know we all have to start somewhere.  I get that.  But one word comes to mind, entitlement.  If I have miss read your post, and I hope I have, I apologize.  R-

Jan 19 13 08:13 am Link

Hair Stylist

Robin Dorton Head Candy

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Go to school, get proper training and a license. Otherwise you can't be considered a professional hairstylist.

Jan 23 13 09:26 pm Link