Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Butt hurt blow hards

Model

T A Y L O R

Posts: 2977

Austin, Texas, US

When I travel I find it easiest and most polite to tag people in the area I'm going to with a short "Hi! I'm going to be in X area X dates. If you have any assignments that need models in which I fit the criteria, please don't hesitate to contact me. Rates are reasonable and negotiable. Thanks!"

I've had TWO people leave butt hurt response tags on my wall. One was someone just saying "no thanks" which I roll
The other basically said (I deleted it) "I would never ever pay you, you're not good enough."

....
Dude bros, sorry I'm insulting your dick size indiscriminately tagging everyone in your area. Calm your balls.

Jan 17 13 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Posts: 32234

Woodinville, Washington, US

T A Y L O R  wrote:
When I travel I find it easiest and most polite to tag people in the area I'm going to with a short "Hi! I'm going to be in X area X dates. If you have any assignments that need models in which I fit the criteria, please don't hesitate to contact me. Rates are reasonable and negotiable. Thanks!"

I've had TWO people leave butt hurt response tags on my wall. One was someone just saying "no thanks" which I roll
The other basically said (I deleted it) "I would never ever pay you, you're not good enough."

....
Dude bros, sorry I'm insulting your dick size indiscriminately tagging everyone in your area. Calm your balls.

"No thanks" is butthurt?

Sounds pretty direct and civil to me.

Jan 17 13 03:26 pm Link

Model

T A Y L O R

Posts: 2977

Austin, Texas, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
"No thanks" is butthurt?

Sounds pretty direct and civil to me.

Why even take the time to respond to it? It's a tag for goodness sake. It's not like I sent you a PM or responded to a casting call. Just ignore it.

Jan 17 13 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Posts: 25319

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Clearly these individuals felt they were above paying you and didn't appreciate the implication in a public tag that they should.

Hopefully you checked their profiles to see whether they were open to paying models before you tagged them?




Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Jan 17 13 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

GoldRoseMedia

Posts: 2938

NORTH BRUNSWICK, New Jersey, US

I would not describe the first one as being "butt hurt." He may have actually thought he was being polite to let you know he was not interested. You know how crazy some photographers get about people not responding to an inquiry, even if the response is negative.

Speaking for myself, I do not mind when traveling models send me a PM or a tag to let me know they are visiting my area and available for paid work. In fact I appreciate the notice, as I would hate to miss the opportunity to work with someone because I did not know they were in town.

Jan 17 13 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Allen Carbon

Posts: 1091

Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand

Orca Bay Images wrote:
"No thanks" is butthurt?

Sounds pretty direct and civil to me.

T A Y L O R  wrote:
Why even take the time to respond to it? It's a tag for goodness sake. It's not like I sent you a PM or responded to a casting call. Just ignore it.

'No thanks' is pretty standard and civil. You tagged him and therefore you made a public announcement with his name. It's only fair if he has the same privilege of accepting or denying that on the same forum.

He did so in a polite manner which in no way has any ounce of butt hurt.

Jan 17 13 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

-The Dave-

Posts: 8626

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Leaving that as a tag could be considered spam by quite a few people.

Not sure why it's butthurt to reply to a tag with a tag back unless its nasty.

Jan 17 13 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Posts: 32234

Woodinville, Washington, US

T A Y L O R  wrote:

Why even take the time to respond to it? It's a tag for goodness sake. It's not like I sent you a PM or responded to a casting call. Just ignore it.

Maybe he's not the type who believes "no-answer is an answer." Maybe he was raised to believe that when someone offers him something, he should politely accept or politely decline.

Why are you so butthurt over his reply?

Jan 17 13 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Posts: 32234

Woodinville, Washington, US

T A Y L O R  wrote:
Dude bros, sorry I'm insulting your dick size indiscriminately tagging everyone in your area. Calm your balls.

"No thanks" warrants genital insults and stalking?

Get help.

Jan 17 13 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Posts: 10330

Santa Ana, California, US

@OP - I'll be in your area soon and my rates are reasonable.

Jan 17 13 04:17 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Posts: 32234

Woodinville, Washington, US

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/917810/80860980.jpg

Jan 17 13 04:29 pm Link

Model

MelissaAnn

Posts: 3956

Seattle, Washington, US

If you're going to be one of the models who tags everyone's page before you travel to a specific area, you should be prepared for a *lot* of those type of responses. 

Not everyone appreciates their page being tagged like that, especially if you mention anything about rates.  I would recommend maybe leaving "my rates are reasonable and negotiable" out of the tag, and only mention rates *after* they've contacted you.  Something like: "I'll be in your area [insert dates], please let me know if you have any projects you think I would be a good fit for." 

Mentioning your rates in a tag publicly implies that you will not consider trade with the person you're tagging, which could be perceived as insulting.

Jan 17 13 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Cosplay Creatives

Posts: 10714

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Orca Bay Images wrote:
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/917810/80860980.jpg

........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

Jan 17 13 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

R_Marquez

Posts: 4624

San Francisco, California, US

I just ignore the messages/tags, but they do get annoying after a while. Just post an availability/travel notice.

Jan 17 13 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

r T p

Posts: 3077

Los Angeles, California, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/917810/80860980.jpg

Gryph wrote:
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ptjZgQWvkPw/UEA9aGe4KRI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/0rOv6VmxqkE/s1600/mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird.jpeg

Jan 17 13 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

London Fog

Posts: 6770

London, England, United Kingdom

Just to note, I specifically ignore and delete models who tag me without making any prior contact, either by PM or pic comment or other normal means of contact!

Blind tagging most photographers, especially with any mention of rates is kind of like a hooker leaving her calling card in a phone booth...

...note, I said 'kind of'

Jan 17 13 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

DennisRoliffPhotography

Posts: 1928

Akron, Ohio, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/917810/80860980.jpg

Gryph wrote:
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

cy be rea n wrote:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ptjZgQWvkPw/UEA9aGe4KRI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/0rOv6VmxqkE/s1600/mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird.jpeg

http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/15978/johnny-cash-364228.jpg

Jan 17 13 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Dodd

Posts: 436

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Jan 17 13 04:45 pm Link

Model

T A Y L O R

Posts: 2977

Austin, Texas, US

1) I'm officially loling at the middle finger thread currently going on.
2) I was mostly ranting, but thank you for all the replies. (Even "get help", I appreciate that one Bob roll)
3) Melissa, I used to leave rates out, but then I got a lot of people insulted because they thought I wanted to trade with them. This time around I've gotten 2 tags, 1 PM asking for money, and 1 PM telling me I didn't have enough decent images (albeit it was fairly nice), but almost everyone else has just asked for my rates. Definitely not a pro here, so feedback is always good. I'm still testing it out, but this has seemed to work a little better for me.

Jan 17 13 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Dodd

Posts: 436

Atlanta, Georgia, US

DennisRoliffPhotography wrote:

Orca Bay Images wrote:
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/917810/80860980.jpg

Gryph wrote:
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

cy be rea n wrote:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ptjZgQWvkPw/UEA9aGe4KRI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/0rOv6VmxqkE/s1600/mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird.jpeg

http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/15978/johnny-cash-364228.jpg

http://istenbizony.hu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/funny-gifs-terminator-flips-the-bird.gif

Jan 17 13 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Posts: 5949

Washington, District of Columbia, US

T A Y L O R  wrote:

Why even take the time to respond to it? It's a tag for goodness sake. It's not like I sent you a PM or responded to a casting call. Just ignore it.

on that note....

Why do you feel the need to tag profiles looking for work?

It's funny that you don't appreciate them tagging you back for your tagging them but think that they are "butthurt" when they express the same sentiment for your tagging.

Do you not see that your actions are considered by some as spamming?

Jan 17 13 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

SME

Posts: 21048

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

London Fog wrote:
Just to note, I specifically ignore and delete models who tag me without making any prior contact, either by PM or pic comment or other normal means of contact!

Blind tagging most photographers, especially with any mention of rates is kind of like a hooker leaving her calling card in a phone booth...

...note, I said 'kind of'

I understand why many photographers aren't fond of the tag announcement approach, but I don't understand what that has to do with prostitution.

Jan 17 13 05:52 pm Link

Photographer

Carl Roberts

Posts: 32969

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/917810/80860980.jpg
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ptjZgQWvkPw/UEA9aGe4KRI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/0rOv6VmxqkE/s1600/mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird.jpeg
http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/15978/johnny-cash-364228.jpg 
http://istenbizony.hu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/funny-gifs-terminator-flips-the-bird.gif
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/AR-cobra/giving-the-finger-gorilla.jpg

Jan 17 13 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Hero Foto

Posts: 878

Phoenix, Arizona, US

T A Y L O R  wrote:
When I travel I find it easiest and most polite to tag people in the area I'm going to with a short "Hi! I'm going to be in X area X dates. If you have any assignments that need models in which I fit the criteria, please don't hesitate to contact me. Rates are reasonable and negotiable. Thanks!"

I've had TWO people leave butt hurt response tags on my wall. One was someone just saying "no thanks" which I roll
The other basically said (I deleted it) "I would never ever pay you, you're not good enough."

....
Dude bros, sorry I'm insulting your dick size indiscriminately tagging everyone in your area. Calm your balls.

WOW ... insult them as well ... WHO'S BUTT HURT?

Jan 17 13 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Posts: 38195

Gibraltar, Michigan, US

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l249/SPRINGHEEL69/2cmkpc5.jpg

Jan 17 13 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Posts: 4344

Asheville, North Carolina, US

I try to respond to offers, even if it's with a "no thanks" out of what I look at as a sense of politeness or civility. It's interesting to hear how far from that it could be interpreted.

Jan 17 13 05:58 pm Link

Model

DivaEroticus

Posts: 14720

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

I would have sent a private message with the information (sans "my rates blahblah") and let it go at that.  I wouldn't have made it public.

If you're interested in working with someone, but not TF, then that would not put them on the spot.  I didn't get the impression that either was butthurt, and calling someone out on their dick size doesn't make you look good.

Jan 17 13 05:59 pm Link

Model

V Laroche

Posts: 2746

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Posts like this are sure to encourage others to want to work with you.

Jan 17 13 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

joeyk

Posts: 14739

Seminole, Florida, US

V Laroche wrote:
Posts like this are sure to encourage others to want to work with you.

+1

Jan 17 13 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Posts: 14486

Palm Beach, Florida, US

V Laroche wrote:
Posts like this are sure to encourage others to want to work with you.

Just think of it as a site wide availability notice wink

Jan 17 13 06:03 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Posts: 3330

Germantown, Maryland, US

I appreciate traveling models letting me know they will be in my area and looking for work by sending a PM. I always reply to PMs in a friendly manner.

I do not appreciate a tag with that information, especially as a first form of contact, and would simply delete it without bothering to check out her portfolio.

Jan 17 13 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Posts: 14486

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Mickle Design Werks wrote:

on that note....

Why do you feel the need to tag profiles looking for work?

It's funny that you don't appreciate them tagging you back for your tagging them but think that they are "butthurt" when they express the same sentiment for your tagging.

Do you not see that your actions are considered by some as spamming?

That and the irony of the verbiage in her profile that tags are for people that she has worked with unless they are famous.

But A-ok to spam other people's pages with a pay me tag.

Weird.

Jan 17 13 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

R A V E N D R I V E

Posts: 15867

New York, New York, US

people want to feel special, the indiscriminate thing may be working against your appeal really


I've had models messaging me saying they were wanting to work with me exclusively, which was interesting since I got the same message on another account, oops.

but I don't really care

Jan 17 13 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Stay Puft

Posts: 2413

Ofu, Manu'a, American Samoa

Carl Roberts wrote:
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/917810/80860980.jpg
........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ptjZgQWvkPw/UEA9aGe4KRI/AAAAAAAAB-Q/0rOv6VmxqkE/s1600/mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird.jpeg
http://img.karaoke-lyrics.net/img/artists/15978/johnny-cash-364228.jpg 
http://istenbizony.hu/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/funny-gifs-terminator-flips-the-bird.gif
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/AR-cobra/giving-the-finger-gorilla.jpg

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/106443/george-w-bush-and-giving-the-finger-gallery.jpg

Jan 17 13 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Hero Foto

Posts: 878

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Alec Dealty wrote:

http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/106443/george-w-bush-and-giving-the-finger-gallery.jpg

http://cs407931.userapi.com/v407931824/4f08/zi59RK-mpL0.jpg

Jan 17 13 06:22 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Damianne

Posts: 15975

Austin, Texas, US

-B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- wrote:
Clearly these individuals felt they were above paying you and didn't appreciate the implication in a public tag that they should.

Hopefully you checked their profiles to see whether they were open to paying models before you tagged them?




Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Most of the photographers open to paying models don't put it on their profiles.
A good portion that are open to paying travelling models have explicit profiles indicating they never pay anyone.


T A Y L O R, try contacting models who have travelled to the same areas and ask them for references of who hires, it's a good way to start finding photographers who'll pay, and then you can send personalized messages instead and not look spammy, which can look a little disrespectful.

Jan 17 13 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Posts: 24641

Tampa, Florida, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/917810/80860980.jpg

saved for future memes

Jan 17 13 07:27 pm Link

Model

Julia Francesca

Posts: 2365

Maumee, Ohio, US

i don't tag, messages work soooo much better. tags seem more like soliciting. not sure why? but hey 2 "negative" replies out of 20 or so ain't bad!

Jan 17 13 07:42 pm Link

Model

Inanna C

Posts: 684

Portland, Oregon, US

Alec Dealty wrote:
http://www4.images.coolspotters.com/photos/106443/george-w-bush-and-giving-the-finger-gallery.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/valdobiade/2christ-middle-finger.jpg

Jan 17 13 07:46 pm Link

Model

Inanna C

Posts: 684

Portland, Oregon, US

Inanna C wrote:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/valdobiade/2christ-middle-finger.jpg

this ones way cooler
http://25.media.tumblr.com/bf0bcccaa30a3199318ea18e14117662/tumblr_mgrv8893Zv1rwav33o1_500.gif

Jan 17 13 07:48 pm Link