Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

admissions aside, he's a psychopath.

Jan 17 13 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Woodinville, Washington, US

Considering all the people he threatened to destroy, he'd better hope there's no such thing as karma.

Jan 17 13 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

GK photo wrote:

/thread

Jan 17 13 10:06 pm Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

I don't get him coming forward. Seems so much more to lose then gain by doing this. I thought it wouldn't be such a clear cut admission.

Jan 17 13 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Dan K Photography wrote:
I don't get him coming forward. Seems so much more to lose then gain by doing this. I thought it wouldn't be such a clear cut admission.

every decision that guy has ever made was cold, calculated and premeditated. what this is amounting to is a weak attempt at public redemption. what it may turn out to be is the beginning of an avalanche of litigation and prosecution.

Jan 17 13 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Kincaid Blackwood

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'll admit I was wrong about him in terms of his use of banned substances given the reports that he consistently passed the tests.  I'm curious, though, to hear more about him threatening people.  What's that about?

Jan 17 13 10:23 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:
I'll admit I was wrong about him in terms of his use of banned substances given the reports that he consistently passed the tests.  I'm curious, though, to hear more about him threatening people.  What's that about?

it's all old news. he didn't physically threaten people, he just bullied and sued anyone who claimed he was doping. look up the cnn show that they did on him after the usada report came out.

cnn is going to repeat/update it this saturday night.

Jan 17 13 10:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Crystal Rose Make up

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Kincaid Blackwood wrote:

He threatened his fellow team mates that if they admited to Lance using drugs he would ruin their careers, I don't know the exact quote. Something about him being bigger and having the money to do it.
But the irony is that if Lance wants to compete in cycling sports again he is going to have to name the people he did the doping with the very people that he threatened.

Jan 17 13 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Crystal Rose  Make up  wrote:

He threatened his fellow team mates that if they admited to Lance using drugs he would ruin their careers, I don't know the exact quote. Something about him being bigger and having the money to do it.
But the irony is that if Lance wants to compete in cycling sports again he is going to have to name the people he did the doping with the very people that he threatened.

he's done with cycling. if he does anything, it will be triathlons. he needs the usada to clear him first.

Jan 17 13 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

365 Digitals Exposed

Perris, California, US

Cristal did you know you have a Tour De france winner in Australia? and he is one of the best riders in the Peloton,  his name is Cadel Evans.

lance  is doing this because he will be broke soon, or in prison after this interview. there would be lot of people asking for their money back.

Jan 17 13 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

S A L I N G E R

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

It's going to be hard for him to do triathlons sitting in a jail cell on perjury charges - assuming any proposed 'official' confession where he might be able to outline the systemic approach to doping doesn't get him off with a slap on the wrist.

Jan 18 13 12:44 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

S A L I N G E R wrote:
It's going to be hard for him to do triathlons sitting in a jail cell on perjury charges - .

i agree, and i hope it goes that far. he deserves jail time for his crimes, and deserves to be wiped out financially for all the duping, doping and bullying.

Jan 18 13 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Houston, Texas, US

I find Landis's federal whistle-blower lawsuit fascinating.  It alleges that the US Postal Service was defrauded by team owners and others.  And it seeks damages of $30m (which could be trebled).

I don't know much about the veracity of the argument  -- only what I have read in a couple of articles.  Interesting to see what happens with it.

Jan 18 13 03:09 am Link

Makeup Artist

Crystal Rose Make up

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

365 Digitals Exposed wrote:
Cristal did you know you have a Tour De france winner in Australia? and he is one of the best riders in the Peloton,  his name is Cadel Evans.

lance  is doing this because he will be broke soon, or in prison after this interview. there would be lot of people asking for their money back.

I don't really follow the sport, so no I did not know.  But yes, we do have some great cyclist in this country.
One of them was on Lances team and one of the first team mates to publicaly speak out about his doping and because of his admission was sacked from Cycling Australia.

I use to really admire Lance (apart from his cockiness) but now I think it's time for him to set an example and to show some remorse.

Jan 18 13 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

A S Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

S A L I N G E R wrote:
It's going to be hard for him to do triathlons sitting in a jail cell on perjury charges - assuming any proposed 'official' confession where he might be able to outline the systemic approach to doping doesn't get him off with a slap on the wrist.

What perjury charges?  The stories I'm reading say that the the statute of limitations from the last time he talked about doping under oath has expired.  Jail isn't a concern of his.

Civil lawsuits are another story.

Jan 18 13 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

i think you're right. there's something missing in that guy. like a conscience. a soul. he seems like the robot guy in Prometheus. scary!

GK photo wrote:

Jan 18 13 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Digitoxin

Houston, Texas, US

A S Photography wrote:

What perjury charges?  The stories I'm reading say that the the statute of limitations from the last time he talked about doping under oath has expired.  Jail isn't a concern of his.

Civil lawsuits are another story.

Jail time may depend, in part, on whether he is now telling the truth about his alleged doping in 2009.....

Jan 18 13 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

365 Digitals Exposed

Perris, California, US

Digitoxin wrote:
Jail time may depend, in part, on whether he is now telling the truth about his alleged doping in 2009.....

+1  and I'm almost sure he was on something, cheater is always a cheater.

here is the link to the interview and the continuation  tonight
http://www.oprah.com/index2.html

Jan 18 13 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Little Photography

Wilmington, Delaware, US

GK photo wrote:

it's all old news. he didn't physically threaten people, he just bullied and sued anyone who claimed he was doping. look up the cnn show that they did on him after the usada report came out.

cnn is going to repeat/update it this saturday night.

He destroyed people. His lawsuits where he now admits they were telling the truth left many people financially destroyed. He did threaten people. Not personally maybe but he had a team of people to do it for him.

I am having a hard time getting my mind around all of this. Normally, I would care nothing of him. But he hurt people badly. Some were young and just starting, like the massage therapist. He sued and ruined her.

The only thing that that lets me think the world is still better because he is alive is that he still has some money. Hopefully some of those he destroyed can rally legal support and get what they lost from him. But they are going to have to hurry. I suspect the lawsuits against him are growing fast.

Considering that he perjured himself at least several hundred times over the past decade one can hope that he will spend the remainder of his life in prison on contempt charges. Not because he cheated at a boring sport. But because his lies and perjury destroyed simple little people who never did anything to deserve it. For that reason, and only that reason, prison seems the only way he might save his soul.

Jan 18 13 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Erick Prince

Austin, Texas, US

365 Digitals Exposed wrote:

Not true entirely. the statute of limitations has expired on his largest law suits so he's clear from quite a few. Also services were rendered and unless the contract states a code of conduct then they really have little recourse. that's why people think he decided to do it now. personally I don't care. Never gave a damn about cycling. He did great work for Cancer. Cheater or not. He was just the best cheater amongst a field of cheaters. I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone he "intimidated" in that sport. It's actually amazing that some of you are calling for him to spend the rest of his life in prison blah blah blah. I really hope you have the same "passion" for these lying politicians that actually affect your life with their lives.

Lets keep this in perspective. People decided to snitch on him (granted not the others) and he was so good at lying they lost. Kind of the gamble you take. Had they kept their mouths shut they would be fine. I'm not defending Lance but not excusing them either. They did the same thing Lance is doing now. Trying to rehab their cheater image by going public. Now some were straight up but exactly what did they gain for "exposing" Lance? Why not expose the HUNDREDS of others as well? The sport is corrupt and dirty from the top down. This is nothing more than the big rat eating the little rats.

Jan 19 13 07:19 am Link