Forums > Newbie Forum > getting work

Model

Attica faye

Austin, Texas, US

Hey everyone. So im completely new to MM (obviously if you see my port.) I have done one shoot so far (still waiting on the pictures) and am scheduled for about 6-7 more within the next two weeks.

My question for all the more experienced people on here is how do I go about getting more and more work in several different genres. I love the beauty of modeling and being able to tell a story in one photo is absolutely amazing to me. I am not doing this for the money at all I am in it for the art (of course one day soon it would be nice to get psid for shoots just so I could completely submerge myself into all of this)

Do to having a full time job it is hard to adjust my schedule to get work but I have been lucky enough that my boss and family are so supportive that they have helped me with scheduling.

I really want to build my portfolio and get to work with other amazing models so is there any advice you could give me?

What are my essentials I should have for shoots?
What will help get noticed better?
Which sites should I advertise on?
Who should I try to reach for tf work?
Etc.

Anything else you think I should know or do please let me know!

Thank you all sooo much
Attica faye

Jan 22 13 10:24 am Link

Model

Rosemarie Bennet

Southampton, Pennsylvania, US

Attica faye wrote:
Hey everyone. So im completely new to MM (obviously if you see my port.) I have done one shoot so far (still waiting on the pictures) and am scheduled for about 6-7 more within the next two weeks.

My question for all the more experienced people on here is how do I go about getting more and more work in several different genres. I love the beauty of modeling and being able to tell a story in one photo is absolutely amazing to me. I am not doing this for the money at all I am in it for the art (of course one day soon it would be nice to get psid for shoots just so I could completely submerge myself into all of this)

Do to having a full time job it is hard to adjust my schedule to get work but I have been lucky enough that my boss and family are so supportive that they have helped me with scheduling.

I really want to build my portfolio and get to work with other amazing models so is there any advice you could give me?

What are my essentials I should have for shoots?
What will help get noticed better?
Which sites should I advertise on?
Who should I try to reach for tf work?
Etc.

Anything else you think I should know or do please let me know!

Thank you all sooo much
Attica faye

Hi Attica,

Definitely think about the kind of genres you're right for, and put out a casting call to start shooting in those genres. With all the tattooage, you fit into the alt category. I can see you doing pinup, boudoir, glamour and art modeling. Shoot lots of trade to get experience - check out castings in your area, and, like I said, put out your own casting call.

MM is a great place to network and advertise. A lot of models also use Tumblr to post their photos and blog. What will help get you noticed is doing great work smile

Essentials depend on the shoot. I always have a variety of wardrobe (including multiple pairs of underwear and bras, and a few tank tops), a makeup bag for touch-ups, and my photo ID since I shoot nudes.

Jan 22 13 10:43 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

if you have seven shoots scheduled it doesn't sound like you need any help!

watch out for photographers who can't/won't deliver images. check to see if other models have gotten anything from them. some guys are in it just for the shoot and can't be bothered to finish up.

have fun and stay safe.

Jan 22 13 11:00 am Link

Model

Attica faye

Austin, Texas, US

Thanks for the info.

How soon should I be getting the photos back after a shoot?

Jan 22 13 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Tempe, Arizona, US

Attica,

Getting photos back from a shoot varies, depending on the photographer and what's going on.  I usually deliver edited shots within two weeks.  Many do so within a month, some in a few days, and some never.  It really varies.  Talk about that upfront with the photographer and, in most cases, you should be fine.

Remember to stay safe and have some fun!  :-)

Kindest regards,
Edward

Jan 22 13 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Tempe, Arizona, US

By the way smile

Attica,

Welcome to MM!

I wish you the Best of Success in all of your endeavors out here!

Kindest regards,
Edward

Jan 22 13 03:41 pm Link

Model

Attica faye

Austin, Texas, US

Thank you... very good info to know! Appreciate it

Jan 22 13 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

TerrysPhotocountry

Rochester, New York, US

Attica faye wrote:
Thanks for the info.

How soon should I be getting the photos back after a shoot?

Depends on what is agreed on before the photo session. You live were I would almost kill to have a studio on the river walk area.

Jan 22 13 06:48 pm Link

Photographer

steve sessem

Lackawanna, New York, US

welcome to mm

Jan 22 13 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

Hello ad welcome, In regard to getting you images back it's a good idea to have these types of details about the shoot written in an agreement and signed by both parties.

Other items should include, the theme for the shoot, who will be there, what you expect from the shoot. Is it 10 images, 100 images. The turnaround time frame.  Who's paying for what. Whats the compensation?

Leave nothing to discretion or assumption. The best thing you can do is discuss every intimate detail about the shoot prior to doing it.

This will leave you in a position of no surprises and no questions.

Jan 22 13 07:29 pm Link