Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Latex and Metal

Model

allison mindy

Gainesville, Florida, US

I know metal can sometimes stain latex if it touches it for too long, but how long is too long? Also will black latex stain if metal touches it? Thanks for your help!!

Jan 24 13 06:03 am Link

Photographer

Michael Bots

Kingston, Ontario, Canada

Black - not so much.

Why not store in bags to avoid the touching?

Jan 24 13 08:23 am Link

Model

allison mindy

Gainesville, Florida, US

Michael Bots wrote:
Black - not so much.

Why not store in bags to avoid the touching?

Thank you for the info. I do store my latex in bags. I am wondering if I can wear a necklace over black latex for a couple of hours for a shoot.

Jan 24 13 02:00 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

youll probably be fine. Almost all latex garter belts/girdles/etc use silver metal stocking hooks in them, and its never been a problem for me on black latex.

Colors you really have to be careful of are the lighter ones and transparent ones.

You can also spray the necklace with a clear varnish
https://www.krylon.com/images/products/large/clear-varnish.png found in any walmart, home depot, lowes, michaels/joanns craft store, etc etc

Or paint it with clear top coat nail polish

that will put a barrier between the latex and metal

Jan 24 13 03:52 pm Link

Model

allison mindy

Gainesville, Florida, US

Laura UnBound wrote:
youll probably be fine. Almost all latex garter belts/girdles/etc use silver metal stocking hooks in them, and its never been a problem for me on black latex.

Colors you really have to be careful of are the lighter ones and transparent ones.

You can also spray the necklace with a clear varnish
https://www.krylon.com/images/products/large/clear-varnish.png found in any walmart, home depot, lowes, michaels/joanns craft store, etc etc

Or paint it with clear top coat nail polish

that will put a barrier between the latex and metal

Awesome! Thank you so much for the info Laura! That is a great suggestion smile

Jan 24 13 04:37 pm Link