Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > designers are a main reason for anorexia!
guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36719

Boston, Massachusetts, US

ignorant thread is ignorant



ooooh, sweet! I never get top o' the page!

Jan 24 13 10:34 am Link

Model

JessieLeigh

Posts: 2048

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Moni B wrote:
Actually I am 5'11 now.

May want to update your profile then...

Jan 24 13 10:45 am Link

Model

DivaEroticus

Posts: 14720

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
ignorant thread is ignorant



ooooh, sweet! I never get top o' the page!

http://www.maniacworld.com/internet-high-five.jpg

Jan 24 13 10:46 am Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36719

Boston, Massachusetts, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

My hand is a lot bigger than that outline, so I just pretended I was high-fiving an 8 year old, and it made the experience so much more authentic for me.

Thank you, Barbara. Thank you so much.

Jan 24 13 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Posts: 4344

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Moni B wrote:
No I did not blame everyone. I also did not say all designers. If it didn't pertain to you then you had no reason to feel offended by it. I'm telling you I don't mean everyone and everything got it?

I'm not trying to be too horribly picky but the statement in the thread title, "designers are a main reason for anorexia!", seems both declarative and inclusive. Is there some other way you would read that statement?

Jan 24 13 10:49 am Link

guide forum

Model

Anna Adrielle

Posts: 18763

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

salvatori. wrote:

IMHO, these pics differ from the campaign as the 'plain-ness' is gone. Just because a woman is a normal size means less than when she is retouched and photographed in a tropical and exotic setting.

And anyone that looks at my portfolio can see I certainly prefer to photograph a woman more naturally, so we're on the same side smile

oh yeah, those models are nothing like the Dove models :p.

I like Dove, I think a lot of women do. I think they have a very strong way of marketing themselves, and I like their campaigns a lot smile

PS lovely work wink

Jan 24 13 10:51 am Link

Model

DivaEroticus

Posts: 14720

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

My hand is a lot bigger than that outline, so I just pretended I was high-fiving an 8 year old, and it made the experience so much more authentic for me.

Thank you, Barbara. Thank you so much.

yikes Your hand is bigger than that??  You know what THAT means...!

Jan 24 13 11:40 am Link

Photographer

K E E L I N G

Posts: 39820

Peoria, Illinois, US

Moni B wrote:

No I did not blame everyone. I also did not say all designers. If it didn't pertain to you then you had no reason to feel offended by it. I'm telling you I don't mean everyone and everything got it?

So you are saying only the ones you are talking about should be offended.... even if you are dead wrong with your premise (which you are)? 

Well they are offended, so you accomplished your goal.  And yet, they came out of this thread smelling like a rose.  And you?  Not so much.

Jan 24 13 12:35 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36719

Boston, Massachusetts, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

yikes Your hand is bigger than that??  You know what THAT means...!

That I am a big girl now? That I can take care of myself? Oh noes!

Jan 24 13 12:43 pm Link

Model

E e v a

Posts: 1724

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Moni B wrote:
I am far from upset. This is just a mere discussion of opinions. But what the media portrays as beauty affects millions of women worldwide. Are you blind?!? OTHERS bodies have nothing to do with me you are right, but if you continue to ignore the problem you are apart of it.

Your original post came off as very upset. Also, not blind. But naturally skinny women are NOT a problem. It is one section of the industry. Also many sections of the industry actually have bans on anorexia, like Greece for example.

Also there is no problem over that casting to me. If a model has that weight naturally, who am I to harass her over it? It is a look. Just like many others. And all sizes can be gorgeous. Yes, EVEN skinny.

Jan 24 13 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Posts: 1287

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

Wow this train wreck is still going. I thought for sure it would have been mercy locked already.

Jan 24 13 02:08 pm Link

Model

DivaEroticus

Posts: 14720

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

That I am a big girl now? That I can take care of myself? Oh noes!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-HmeaF8Rg5Ow/TdsngEXLijI/AAAAAAAADSM/Iqg5yiOaIsA/s1600/ohnoes.jpg

Jan 24 13 02:47 pm Link

Model

LizzyB

Posts: 2200

Rochester, New York, US

what i find interesting is...i may be wrong, but isn't anorexia a more recent disorder?  was this (as) common back when curves and plumpness were desirable?

Jan 24 13 05:55 pm Link

Model

Moni B

Posts: 23

Miami, Florida, US

I apologize if anyone felt offended by my previous statements. I was rushed and insulted by so many people, being called ignorant and such and now many have the wrong impression of me. ಥ_ಥ But people will always have their differences in POV. ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Feb 01 13 07:37 am Link

Model

hygvhgvkhy

Posts: 2092

Chicago, Illinois, US

Moni B wrote:

I just want top designers to start putting average women in there clothes. Because in reality those are the women that purchase the items anyway. They could really help with what the media would portray as beauty.

5'11 is average??? I need to get out of Chicago more often!!!

Sorry to pull it up, but how on earth did I miss this thread??

Feb 01 13 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Posts: 12857

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

R A V E N D R I V E wrote:

its because their runway is made out of cardboard and can't support more weight

I laughed, i'm probably going to hell now

Feb 01 13 10:55 pm Link

Model

liindsay ann

Posts: 1861

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Lol I love how people on mm sit around and wait for someone to post something then they jump right in to have an argument. Usually when I disagree with someone I skim through then next!  Oh boyy

To the op: I would think the designer would be better off listing their preferred measurements. Someone might be ideal for the project but weigh a little more because they work out, etc.

Feb 02 13 08:09 am Link

Model

Bella la Bell

Posts: 4451

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Damnnn I missed out on the fun!

Feb 02 13 09:06 am Link