Forums > Critique > Is your bark worse than your bite?

Photographer

Honey Stinger

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Jan 27 13 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Art Silva Photography wrote:
I'll take a shot.

No not at all Art.

Your work is thought out, well executed and finished to elevated standards.
Your profile spells out what you're about in clear terms leaving little confusion to those who seek work with you.

I'm giving you a bark=bite assessment here.

Great work.

Jan 27 13 09:08 pm Link

Model

Lela Jesse

Arcata, California, US

me please? smile

Jan 27 13 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

I Ference Photography

Rochester, New York, US

I'm game.

Jan 27 13 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Evie_Wolfe wrote:
Ok! Cool idea for a thread big_smile

With a name like Wolfe one might expect a bite from time to time, but certainly not in unprovoked circumstances no doubt tongue
I believe you are very good at selling yourself Evie, but at the same time, skilled in knowing what you want.
You have a warm sense of humour and a very charming demeanour, merged with your comely looks and experience, it all combines to make you quite marketable.

So no, your bark is no worse than your bite here my dear.

Jan 27 13 09:30 pm Link

Model

NicoleNudes

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

woof tongue

Jan 27 13 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Fotografica Gregor wrote:
I'm not quite sure what to expect from this but always up for input from someone whose work suggest they might know what they are talking about.....

Ahh yes, flattery will get you everywhere wink

But no Gregor I don't believe you're ringing anyone's bells here, least of all your own.
Your profile comes across as professional as does your work and you do not strike me as overly egocentric or deluded at all.

A fairly detailed bark with a strong bite to back it up.

I'm giving you a clean bill of health here fella, keep up the great work.

Jan 27 13 09:45 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Rik Image wrote:
With a name like Wolfe one might expect a bite from time to time, but certainly not in unprovoked circumstances no doubt tongue
I believe you are very good at selling yourself Evie, but at the same time, skilled in knowing what you want.
You have a warm sense of humour and a very charming demeanour, merged with your comely looks and experience, it all combines to make you quite marketable.

So no, your bark is no worse than your bite here my dear.

Thank you Rik, both for your lovely words and the time you spent critiquing me smile have a great evening!

Jan 27 13 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Val Figallo wrote:
i'd like to know!

To be entirely frank with you Val, I was expecting a little more from your modeling portfolio.
As this is what your avi title says you are, this is all I'll be assessing you on here.
Your work has some great shots and some not so great shots in it, so I am really divided with you.
That you are such an exotic and beautiful young woman with a background in web design and photography, it doesn't make any sense to me as to why your portfolio has these shortcomings.
I'm guessing your creative energy has been a little diluted by other interests revolving around modeling and that it's not your main focus at the moment.
I'm reserving my decision on you, you have potential, but your work is too hit and miss for me to call it either way.

Jan 27 13 11:07 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Tirado Photography

New York, New York, US

Take a look and let me know. Thanks for your time and opinion.

Jan 27 13 11:45 pm Link

Model

_eMMe_

Florence, Toscana, Italy

Interesting post, let's go!

Jan 28 13 07:00 am Link

Photographer

Aaron Lewis Photography

Catskill, New York, US

I'm in.

Jan 28 13 07:02 am Link

Model

julia00

Rochester, New York, US

thanks for looking at my photography portfolio, please check out my modeling one too
xo

Jan 28 13 10:23 am Link

Model

Ceci L

Villena, Valencia, Spain

let me know wink

Jan 28 13 10:40 am Link

Model

HEATHER 19

Boston, Massachusetts, US

are you selling yourself straight? Would be great to know ....

Jan 29 13 04:57 am Link

Photographer

TDSImages

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Me next?

Jan 29 13 04:59 am Link

Model

Maggie Xia

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Rik Image wrote:

To me you seem to be pitching yourself in a very rational manner and I note the mention of no nudes more than once on your profile.
To me this is fine, as I do understand how some males can lack the appropriate reading and comprehension skills when it comes to getting ladies nekid.
I do find your reference to implied and lingerie shoots a little ambiguous, to mention sensual as a comparison sexual leaves a lot to the imagination in anyone's mind.
Perhaps a few listings of reference images would help clear this up for many and land you more paid work sooner than later.
With the right outlook and approach you could start making money within a week.

No your bark is not worse than your bite, in fact i see it as the opposite here, but once you sort your sensual from sexual definitions out it could come close.

Thank you so much for your input. I'll definitely figure out a way to better explain the diff BTW the two smile

Jan 29 13 09:43 am Link

Model

Maggie Xia

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Oops double post tongue

Jan 29 13 09:59 am Link

Model

C A T H Y

Anaheim, California, US

go for it

Jan 29 13 10:02 am Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

New Image Creations wrote:
Let me know....sometimes we can't see the forest because of all the trees...

No huff n puff here, keeping things pretty real to my mind.
Your bark is no worse.

Jan 30 13 01:43 am Link

Model

B E A R

Riverside, California, US

Okie

Jan 30 13 01:46 am Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Maria Susanti wrote:
will play

You're very polite and upfront, you come across as enthusiastic by mentioning your willingness to travel.
I'd like to see a list of your inspiration to give a better idea of your motivation before I could be confident in contacting you.
Zero hype or B/S, so a clean report from me young lady smile

Lovely work too btw.

Jan 30 13 01:58 am Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Jorge Kreimer wrote:
Ok!

well Jorge, I do enjoy a high percentage of your work.
However you do show a large amount of images overall, perhaps an indication of one of two things. A flex of one's own abilities, or slight insecurity and a want for all viewers to find something they like. I'm guessing it may be the latter.
In your profile portrait, you do not appear to be old, fat or balding, despite your claims to the contrary. A ploy for compliments, or a genuine belief in your own appearance... Once again I'm going for the last mentioned.
You have many accolades and still appear humble, you do not charge models and display a strong passion for your craft.
All in all a good report on my end.

Jorge, your bark is no worse than your bite, in fact you could possibly afford to pump it up a little wink

Fantastic work mate.

Jan 30 13 02:42 am Link

Photographer

Pieter Vandeur

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

I'd love to play too.... :-)

Jan 30 13 02:45 am Link

Model

Leone P

Batley, England, United Kingdom

Rik Image wrote:
It's great to see so much amazing work on Mayhem, but are you selling yourself straight?
Perhaps you're not aware of your full potential or maybe you're just buried in your own ego.
Post here and I'll let you know my honest opinion on whether your bark is worse than your bite.

No cry babies!

I don't cry but I never rule biting out. smile

In all seriousness,  I would love your advice. X

Jan 30 13 02:49 am Link

Model

allison mindy

New York, New York, US

Meow.... oh I mean woof woof tongue

Jan 30 13 02:53 am Link

Photographer

Camabs

Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands

would love to know your opinion

Jan 30 13 02:54 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

Los Angeles, California, US

Rik Image wrote:
well Jorge, I do enjoy a high percentage of your work.
However you do show a large amount of images overall, perhaps an indication of one of two things. A flex of one's own abilities, or slight insecurity and a want for all viewers to find something they like. I'm guessing it may be the latter.
In your profile portrait, you do not appear to be old, fat or balding, despite your claims to the contrary. A ploy for compliments, or a genuine belief in your own appearance... Once again I'm going for the last mentioned.
You have many accolades and still appear humble, you do not charge models and display a strong passion for your craft.
All in all a good report on my end.

Jorge, your bark is no worse than your bite, in fact you could possibly afford to pump it up a little wink

Fantastic work mate.

Thank you for your very kind words, Rik. smile
I actually have way too many images (I agree with you on that), because I love them all (whether good or bad), which makes me a very bad editor.

Jan 30 13 05:20 am Link

Photographer

Bek Ruszin

Levittown, Pennsylvania, US

Bow wow!  wink

Jan 30 13 09:50 am Link

Photographer

name removed3

Boston, Massachusetts, US

do it up

Jan 30 13 09:52 am Link

Model