Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Mehron Celebre vs Graftobian HD

Makeup Artist

Adorn Makeup Artistry

Freeport, Grand Bahama, Bahamas

I've been using the Graftobian HD palettes in Nuetral and Warm (which I absolutely love), but I've been eyeing the Mehron Celebre Palette due to it having full sized foundations. I remember reading in another thread that they were pretty good, but has anybody had great experience with that palette, and is the range of color very extensive?

Jan 29 13 07:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

Adorn Makeup Artistry

Feb 01 13 07:55 am Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

Adorn Makeup Artistry wrote:
I've been using the Graftobian HD palettes in Nuetral and Warm (which I absolutely love), but I've been eyeing the Mehron Celebre Palette due to it having full sized foundations. I remember reading in another thread that they were pretty good, but has anybody had great experience with that palette, and is the range of color very extensive?

The palette you are referring to with the full size foundations is a great palette to have if you are not mobile.... It won't fit in a typical kit however. (if we are talking about this one http://camerareadycosmetics.com/product … lette.html  ) We do sell them because Goss makeup requires this for some of his classes.  Personally I would just stick to the smaller palettes and refill your popular colors when you need to.  Both are great foundations...Mehron and Graftobian

Feb 01 13 04:25 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Adorn Makeup Artistry

Thanks Mary! I really appreciate the feedback. I was watching a video with Goss on the foundations and I did notice that the palette was kinda huge lol. Maybe I'll just refill and pick up a few Mehron Foundations to test out.

Feb 02 13 06:23 am Link

Makeup Artist

AlyssaLorraine

New York, New York, US

I currently use the Graftobian HD foundation and really love it as well- it's very creamy (much more than RCMA foundation).

I too have been eyeing the Mehron HD, and just saw that theyr'e selling a smaller 12 color palette of their Celebre HD foundations exclusively on their site.

http://www.mehron.com/12_Color_Celebre_ … -pd-le.htm

Feb 02 13 03:45 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ShannonJennings MUA

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Adorn Makeup Artistry wrote:
Thanks Mary! I really appreciate the feedback. I was watching a video with Goss on the foundations and I did notice that the palette was kinda huge lol. Maybe I'll just refill and pick up a few Mehron Foundations to test out.

Do you have the link for the video, I'd like to watch it smile

Feb 02 13 04:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

S_J wrote:

Do you have the link for the video, I'd like to watch it smile

I haven't seen the video but his students buy this palette all the time and say that he requires this palette for class.  I'm not going to disagree with Goss and what he has his students buy....it's a great foundation at a great price... It should be sold regularly in smaller palettes (just my feeling).  There is just no way this palette is going to fit in the average artists case.

Feb 02 13 11:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ShannonJennings MUA

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Mary wrote:

I haven't seen the video but his students buy this palette all the time and say that he requires this palette for class.  I'm not going to disagree with Goss and what he has his students buy....it's a great foundation at a great price... It should be sold regularly in smaller palettes (just my feeling).  There is just no way this palette is going to fit in the average artists case.

Thanks Mary, the packaging or the rcma full size palette does look much more kit friendly. I found the video btw. I just put "mehron celebre" into YouTube & it was the very first video up. *deerrrp!*

Feb 03 13 12:00 am Link

Makeup Artist

ThirdEyeMakeup

Los Angeles, California, US

I have the full mehron celebre palette in my kit. It's a very creamy, buttery foundation- but paradoxically, i find that it looks best on oilier skin types (which requires powder afterwards) or on darker skin tones. There was an instance when I applied it to a model and it looked horribly patchy- she didn't have oily skin.
I really like this foundation, but you definitely need to have alternatives in your kit because based on my experience, it doesn't work on everyone.

Feb 03 13 12:43 am Link

Makeup Artist

SmashinBeauty

Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia

I have both Graftobian & Mehron. I have used them both on oily skin and on dry skin. I personally found that I can work with Graftobian on more skin types than Mehron.
Even when I use the Mehron on oily skin it gets horribly patchy on dry areas such as: around the nose and between the eyebrows.
I do have to mention that Mehron sets more matte than Graftobian and kind drys faster. I love when applying it but I find that after about 5 - 10 mins on specific areas on the face it gets horribly patchy.
I have tested it with a moisturiser, primer, MAC face & body mixing medium and adding liquid foundation to it but got no new results.
My last attempt is my homemade mixing medium to see what happens. If all fails then I have to just go back to Graftobian.
I also want to try Kett since I read a lot of positive feedback.

Mar 09 13 01:39 pm Link