This thread was locked on 2013-01-29 13:17:05
Forums > Model Colloquy > Models: No Boob Jobs Please!

Photographer

Jim McSmith

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Just some quick advice to models with the flatter chest, please don't consider getting a boob job because they just don't work and I wont work with models who have had this modification done. I seek beauty in nature and silicone is an artificial substance not ordinarily to be found within the human body. Thank you!

Jan 29 13 09:21 am Link

Model

Sabryna S

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

I think this is something you should probably note in your profile if you really have an issue with it (I haven't read your profile so I have no idea if you've already done this).  I'm not sure what creating a topic about it will do for you besides striking up a debate I imagine.

Jan 29 13 09:27 am Link

Photographer

Michael Schroeder Photo

Port Huron, Michigan, US

Speak for yourself!!!

Jan 29 13 09:28 am Link

Model

Stark Swearengen

Woodbridge, Virginia, US

Brianne Leary wrote:
I think this is something you should probably note in your profile if you really have an issue with it (I haven't read your profile so I have no idea if you've already done this).  I'm not sure what creating a topic about it will do for you besides striking up a debate I imagine.

Agreed.

Jan 29 13 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

Someone peed in my cheerios this morning so I will just put the
popcorn up instead of what I really think about this.

Jan 29 13 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Azimuth Arts

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jim McSmith wrote:
Just some quick advice to models with the flatter chest, please don't consider getting a boob job because they just don't work and I wont work with models who have had this modification done. I seek beauty in nature and silicone is an artificial substance not ordinarily to be found within the human body. Thank you!

Seriously just stop telling models what to do.  This is the second thread I've seen you start today trying to tell models what to do. 

You are not the only photographer on here.  And not all models have the same goals as you.

I personally don't care for most body modifications, from piercings to tattoos and of course any plastic surgery.  But I am smart enough to know that there are enough people who do appreciate those things, either as the person getting them, or the person taking the picture, that its none of my business to tell them.

If a model asks me, "would you still shoot me if I....." I will tell her, but other than that its none of my business, and none of yours.

Just my $0.02

Jan 29 13 09:32 am Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Photographers! No paternalistic rants in the model forum about how your personal preference should be universal truth.

Thanks!

Model

Nat has a username

Oakland, California, US

You can't control the actions of others. Just find those who are most in tune with your wavelength.

Telling people not to get boob jobs or to have color avatars just makes you look silly and won't change the actions of others.

Model

Lily Darling

Lansing, Michigan, US

You seem to like to tell models what to do. Here is the thing, if you dont like it, dont work with models with fake boobs! it really is as simple as that! I'm just going to go ahead and grab the popcorn.

popcorn

Jan 29 13 09:33 am Link

Model

JWest

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Well wait...so I have naturally big boobs which I intend to get lifted...that is technically a boob job. What you're saying in I shouldn't do something that will help not only my self esteem but modeling because you don't like it? That's just silly tongue

Jan 29 13 09:34 am Link

Photographer

DAN CRUIKSHANK

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Jim McSmith wrote:

Dude, you are on a roll in the forums today! You should definitely write a book on modeling with all this great advice...

* end sarcasm *

Jan 29 13 09:34 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

So, your first thread was "Models: No B&W Images (for your avatar). Now you're telling models to not get implants.

How about this...

"Arrogant and Bored Photographers: Keep it to your fucking self."

Jan 29 13 09:35 am Link

Model

JWest

DAN CRUIKSHANK wrote:

Dude, you are on a roll in the forums today! You should definitely write a book on modeling with all this great advice...

* end sarcasm *

Wait...he's giving more advice in other forum posts? *Starts searching frantically* smile

Jan 29 13 09:36 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Jojo West wrote:
Wait...he's giving more advice in other forum posts? *Starts searching frantically* smile

Yes, so stay tuned for the "Models: No Tattoos!" thread he's in the process of writing.

Amazing that someone who claims to be so busy that they don't have time to click on an avatar to view the model's portfolio images would have no problem wasting time in the forums dispensing a self-absorbed How To Guide on Modeling.

Jan 29 13 09:37 am Link

Model

Lily Darling

Lansing, Michigan, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Yes, so stay tuned for the "Models: No Tattoos!" thread he's in the process of writing.

I'm waiting for the Models: keep your hair color natural!

Jan 29 13 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Azimuth Arts

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

I think the next one might be "Models: Don't bring your boyfriend to the shoot"

Or tips for models on how to manage their pubic hair...

Jan 29 13 09:39 am Link

Photographer

B R U N E S C I

Bath, England, United Kingdom

Jim McSmith wrote:
I wont work with models who have had this modification done.

That is all anybody needs to know.

I don't particularly favour enhanced breasts either but what I prefer to do is to look at the portfolio of models I'm thinking of working with and make my mind up based on their overall look, not my personal feeling about the merits (or otherwise) of surgery.

Just my $0.02

Ciao
Stefano

www.stefanobrunesci.com

Jan 29 13 09:42 am Link

Model

Laura BrokenDoll

Modena, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

It really depends on the genre you're doing!

Getting implants might lower to zero your possibility of getting art nudes and fashion gigs, but - at the same time - could be a very good bonus when shooting swimsuit and glamour.

To each their own, right? smile

Jan 29 13 09:43 am Link

Model

JWest

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Amazing that someone who claims to be so busy that they don't have time to click on an avatar to view the model's portfolio images would have no problem wasting time in the forums dispensing a self-absorbed How To Guide on Modeling.

Oh I think I just died a little inside. I will have to have my tattoo surgically removed to appease him. Whatever will I do.

Jan 29 13 09:43 am Link

Photographer

Top Gun Digital

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Somehow I'm not envisioning models lining up outside this guys door wanting to shoot with him.

Jan 29 13 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Light and Lens Studio

Sisters, Oregon, US

Another day, another troll.

Ho Hum

Did anybody make popcorn?  smile

Jan 29 13 09:48 am Link

Model

Sahala Halo Haynes

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

As everyone else has already said, its a matter of personal preference and you cannot just come on and tell models what to do, it makes you look like an idiot to be fair!

Everyone is free to do what they wish to their own image. Also, have you tried be a flat chested girl, none of the tops your friends wear fitting you and constantly feeling like you aren't feminine. I'm not saying all flat chested women feel the same, a lot are happy with it and I think they are just as womanly but if a woman wants to make herself feel better then she should have the right to do it without judgement.

I suggest you keep your opinions to yourself in a more professional manner because you have just lost the respect of a lot of models on here (implant wearers and non alike).

Jan 29 13 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Justin Foto

Alberschwende, Vorarlberg, Austria

Jim McSmith wrote:

So your way is the path of righteousness and I'm just plain wrong? Good to know! Thanks for posting. yikes

Jan 29 13 09:52 am Link

Photographer

salvatori.

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Jim McSmith wrote:

WTF is up with all your 'advice threads' today? First telling models what they should do about that avatar, now this... Live and let live, man. Jesus, have a Scotch and Maalox with dinner tonight...

O_o

Just saw that you once started a thread wondering which model in your portfolio would someone like to date?????

Holy shit...

Jan 29 13 09:55 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Jim McSmith wrote:
Just some quick advice to llamas with the flatter chest, please don't consider getting a boob job because they just don't work and I wont work with llamas who have had this modification done. I seek beauty in nature and silicone is an artificial substance not ordinarily to be found within the human body. Thank you!

Shh..Do you hear???

The boob jobbed llamaling world is silently weeping in unison..

o.O

Jan 29 13 10:01 am Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

salvatori. wrote:

WTF is up with all your 'advice threads' today? First telling models what they should do about that avatar, now this... Live and let live, man. Jesus, have a Scotch and Maalox with dinner tonight...

O_o

Just saw that you once started a thread wondering which model in your portfolio would someone like to date?????

Holy shit...

I love this part in his profile. "I want models to look human not like wax dummies, therefore I don't tend to stick with standard retouching techniques."

Jan 29 13 10:01 am Link

Model

Nat has a username

Oakland, California, US

salvatori. wrote:

O_o

Holy shit...

I forgot about that lol

Jan 29 13 10:02 am Link

Model

E e v a

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Yes, because I care about what some dude from across the world who I will never work with thinks about the state of my breasts.

Jan 29 13 10:03 am Link

Model

Lily Darling

Lansing, Michigan, US

salvatori. wrote:
O_o

Holy shit...

WOOOOOWWWWW

Jan 29 13 10:03 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Jesus H Christ.

Mind your own business.

You do not own anyone's body, nor do you have any jurisdiction over what they should, or should not, do with it.

okthnxbye

Jan 29 13 10:04 am Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Two in one day.

Just can't help yourself can you?

Jesus.

Jan 29 13 10:05 am Link

Model

MissMaria79

Haarlem, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Hihi sorry i just cant stop laughing .
Omg after reading your profile you should be ashamed to judge females like that.
Just an amateur bored to dead opens this kind off topics.
Im just a formal flat chested girl who HAS implants.
En ding dong aint i just a happy camper now.
Never felt more like a woman and shoots... I am very busy smile

Jan 29 13 10:06 am Link

Photographer

Mickle Design Werks

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Guys, don't feed a troll thread.

...that is all....

Jan 29 13 10:08 am Link

Photographer

SPV Photo

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Paige Morgan wrote:
Photographers! No paternalistic rants in the model forum about how your personal preference should be universal truth.

Thanks!

+1

Trust me, models aren't the only one that find posts like these offensive.

Jan 29 13 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Photos 4 The Memories

Kewaskum, Wisconsin, US

MissMaria79 wrote:
Hihi sorry i just cant stop laughing .
Omg after reading your profile you should be ashamed to judge females like that.
Just an amateur bored to dead opens this kind off topics.
Im just a formal flat chested girl who HAS implants.
En ding dong aint i just a happy camper now.
Never felt more like a woman and shoots... I am very busy smile

And she looks great!!

Jan 29 13 10:09 am Link

Photographer

ontherocks

Salem, Oregon, US

my step-sister-in-law rewarded herself with a boob job and is very happy. now she can show a little cleavage like the other girls.

Jan 29 13 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Jim McSmith wrote:

You are just too helpful.

literally

It may be a good time to stop posting and go sort some stamps or something.

Jan 29 13 10:12 am Link

Photographer

neoracer

Kent, Washington, US

trololololl!

Jan 29 13 10:13 am Link

Model

- Aina -

Redlands, California, US

Sounds good. Let me go get DD implants.

(side note: I've seen plenty of smaller chested models get implants that look completely natural. Thank you.)

Jan 29 13 10:15 am Link

Photographer

Jim McSmith

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

C'mon folks. It's good for photographers to be more interactive with llamas on the forums so they know what's required of them.

Jan 29 13 10:22 am Link