Retoucher

E_Jacob

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi,

I'm using an NEC MultiSync LCD 2690WUXi at my studio but need to upgrade my kit at home (HP LP2475W 24").  I really get on with the NEC - very easy to calibrate and matches up to proofs well etc.

But as this model isn't selling anymore I was just wondering if anyone can give me advice on a monitor that is just as good that i can replace my home one with?

Thanks in advance!

Jan 30 13 06:20 am Link

Retoucher

FLEXmanta

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Nec PA series is the natural replacement. They sell them, as always, in two flavours: Spectraview and Multisync. Spectraviews can be calibrated by hardware (everything is set within the monitor) and Multisyncs only allow a mixture of hardware/software calibration (brightness and white point are set in the monitor and gamma is set in the GPU). The best option for hardware calibrating all of these displays is Basiccolor, which is actually the program that NEC sells under the name of Spectraview Profiler, bundled with their SV units.

Your budget will dictate monitor size and whether you get a SV or a MS. I have a PA271W in the studio and when I compare it to the Eizos we rent when on productions, I have no complaints.

Jan 30 13 06:29 am Link

Retoucher

E_Jacob

London, England, United Kingdom

Wonderful, thanks for your advice! 

I think I'll go with the MultiSync as that's going to be a close match to what I use at the studio (plus not sure I could stretch my budget to the SpectraView model!).

Thanks again, much appreciated. smile

Jan 30 13 07:04 am Link

Photographer

Persicolor

Rockville, Maryland, US

FLEXmanta wrote:
Nec PA series is the natural replacement. They sell them, as always, in two flavours: Spectraview and Multisync. Spectraviews can be calibrated by hardware (everything is set within the monitor) and Multisyncs only allow a mixture of hardware/software calibration (brightness and white point are set in the monitor and gamma is set in the GPU). The best option for hardware calibrating all of these displays is Basiccolor, which is actually the program that NEC sells under the name of Spectraview Profiler, bundled with their SV units.

Your budget will dictate monitor size and whether you get a SV or a MS. I have a PA271W in the studio and when I compare it to the Eizos we rent when on productions, I have no complaints.

Good info! What's your opinion on PA301W vs PA271W?
Thanks.

Jan 31 13 12:54 am Link