Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Graftobian palettes

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

To the ones that use this palette do you have all three. I can only afford just one to start with which one should I go with cool,warm,neutral. I'm thinking neutral but I don't know. What do you guys suggest?

Jan 31 13 06:41 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Madelynn Austin

Chicago, Illinois, US

I have all three. Neutral would be your best bet. I find the neutral leans warmer in some shades though.
If you like the foundation and have more funds in the future, I'd get the other two though- the range of deep shades is lovely.

Jan 31 13 06:54 pm Link

guide forum

Makeup Artist

Mary

Coronado, California, US

neutral and warm are the most popular for sure.  If I had to pick one it would be neutral.

Mary
www.CameraReadyCosmetics.com

Feb 01 13 04:27 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Alyson Makeup Pinheiro

Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Hello, I have the warm and so far it does the job on all my clients ... smile and it photographs very nice.

Feb 01 13 09:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cynna Stylz MUA

New York, New York, US

this.... http://camerareadycosmetics.com/product … offer.html

all for the love of art and makeup.

Feb 01 13 09:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

jmorrismua

Chicago, Illinois, US

I have slowly left my comfort zone of liquid foundation and crossed over to graftobian cream. Wow is all I can say! It is so much easier to use and it photographs wonderfully. I plan to eventually purchase all three palettes but so far I have the warm and I'm pretty pleased with it.

Feb 02 13 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

KA Style

Syracuse, New York, US

Love, love, love my corrector palette!!

Feb 03 13 08:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

Fort Polk South, Louisiana, US

I heard the revlon colorstay is just as good as the graftobian palette. Do you guys agree?

Feb 03 13 10:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Flawless Faces Studio

Troy, Michigan, US

I can only afford one graftobian super palette as well. I was thinking my options were going to be
1. The warm super palette
2. The neutral super palette
3. Or getting the warm #1 and #3 5 color palette and the cold #1 palette for very pale girls.

I was figuring if I get the neutral palette I could use yellow, pink, and blue color adjusters that come with it to match the foundation to the clients undertones better. But the warm palette looks like it has a much better gradient of shades...but if I do stumble across a very cool tone model, the colors are going to really clash against their skin.

What do you artists think?

Feb 03 13 10:28 pm Link

Makeup Artist

boy does makeup

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I use the Graftobian HD Creme Superpallette in 'warm' and I love it... dust it with some MUFE finishing powder and done. No liquid/powder foundation in my kit. I just reorder individual colors using the color info on the back of the palette when I run low.

Feb 07 13 09:48 am Link

Makeup Artist

Aaliyah I

Stevenage, England, United Kingdom

MUA Amanda Fairweather wrote:
I heard the revlon colorstay is just as good as the graftobian palette. Do you guys agree?

No I don't agree ...Iv'e tried revlon colourstay and it's nice but isn't a patch on Graftobian. Graftobian is formulated for the camera making life a little easier when it comes to application. It's a medium coverage foundation+ ( I wouldn't say full but it's buildable). I have the warm palette and it goes on beautifully like a second skin.

I was using BB creams before which are great for a dewy finish but I usually want something matte that let's the skin through - graftobian is great for this. It's also alot more compact for your kit than Revlon foundations. Revlon has a good but basic colour range, meaning you'll need adjusters for more warm/cool tones. Also the darkest shade of revlon is not half way dark enough, I work in London which is very diverse so I really do need a variety of shades and undertones....

Saying that, you have to start somewhere right ?  smile I don't think you can really skimp on foundations though, it's the base of your canvas.

Feb 07 13 10:36 am Link

Makeup Artist

ShannonJennings MUA

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Aaliyah I wrote:

I don't think you can really skimp on foundations though, it's the base of your canvas.

I'm pretty sure if you looked at the price per gram graftobian would work out cheaper than revlon too.

Feb 07 13 12:37 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Maria Vittoria B

London, England, United Kingdom

Based on my experience with Graftobian foundation, which I love, I would get the warm palette, they're warm but not the most yellow I've seen (e.g. Face Atelier is warmer) so they work beautifully on neutral skintones as well.

Then get a few adjusters (Temptu makes a great starter pack) and you have any skintone covered, in a very compact size.

Feb 07 13 12:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Aaliyah I

Stevenage, England, United Kingdom

Maria V Bortolussi wrote:
Based on my experience with Graftobian foundation, which I love, I would get the warm palette, they're warm but not the most yellow I've seen (e.g. Face Atelier is warmer) so they work beautifully on neutral skintones as well.

Then get a few adjusters (Temptu makes a great starter pack) and you have any skintone covered, in a very compact size.

Your avatar...is...just awesome ! Portfolio envy big_smile

Feb 07 13 04:43 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Maria Vittoria B

London, England, United Kingdom

Aaliyah I wrote:

Your avatar...is...just awesome ! Portfolio envy big_smile

You are too sweet... thanks!! *blushes*

Feb 08 13 01:48 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

thanks everyone for the great help smile

Feb 08 13 05:19 am Link

Makeup Artist

Bloom Makeup Artistry

New York, New York, US

Aaliyah I wrote:
No I don't agree ...Iv'e tried revlon colourstay and it's nice but isn't a patch on Graftobian. Graftobian is formulated for the camera making life a little easier when it comes to application. It's a medium coverage foundation+ ( I wouldn't say full but it's buildable). I have the warm palette and it goes on beautifully like a second skin.

I was using BB creams before which are great for a dewy finish but I usually want something matte that let's the skin through - graftobian is great for this. It's also alot more compact for your kit than Revlon foundations. Revlon has a good but basic colour range, meaning you'll need adjusters for more warm/cool tones. Also the darkest shade of revlon is not half way dark enough, I work in London which is very diverse so I really do need a variety of shades and undertones....

Saying that, you have to start somewhere right ?  smile I don't think you can really skimp on foundations though, it's the base of your canvas.

^Totally agree. I personally use Revlon Colorstay on myself for my day to day makeup and there is no comparison. Colorstay was not made for photography and as far as I know also contains some SPF which is a flash no, no.

Another thing about using consumer line products is that it makes you look really unprofessional IMO. The people who are paying me hundreds of dollars to do their makeup for photos or weddings don't want me to put out drug store makeup. It might sound snobby but it is the reality of things in this industry.

I have the neutral palette along with a couple couple of their loose colors and I have never had a problem with matching anyone. I think I have been using it for 4+ years on clients and re-filling.

Feb 08 13 07:10 am Link

Makeup Artist

JaclynGravesMakeup

Clifton, New Jersey, US

My next kit splurge is going to be this http://camerareadycosmetics.com/product … offer.html

...good deal?

as soon as i come up with the funds. I totally am not doing make up right now due to a damage in my kit & ive heard great reviews so I am going to replace most of my things with that!

Feb 10 13 09:09 am Link

Makeup Artist

Vanita MUA

Seattle, Washington, US

It really depends on your clientele, but I notice I reach for my warm palette more than the others.

Feb 10 13 01:10 pm Link

Photographer

Andrea Acailawen

Tampa, Florida, US

Maria V Bortolussi wrote:

+1

I don't do makeup all that often now, but the warm palette + adjusters usually work well for me on those occasions when I do. There are a couple of shades I have never used though, so I may actually replace those with a few neutrals to round things out.

Feb 14 13 12:57 pm Link