Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

first day today.

fit test

I did 6 of the 8 exercises.

I was ready to do the last exercise.  Then I felt the urge to puke.  Got dizzy.  I think I heard Shaun T call me a pussy.

Feb 01 13 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Tore

Stamford, Connecticut, US

Damon Banner wrote:
first day today.

fit test

I was ready to do the last exercise.  Then I felt the urge to puke.  Got dizzy.  I think I heard Shaun T call me a pussy.

Wimp.

Feb 01 13 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Tore wrote:

Wimp.

At least I came into work!

Feb 01 13 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Damon Banner wrote:
first day today.

fit test

I was ready to do the last exercise.  Then I felt the urge to puke.  Got dizzy.  I think I heard Shaun T Koryn call me a pussy.

Fixed.
But then she'd prolly praise you for starting and encourage you to continue so it's all good.

Feb 01 13 10:44 am Link

Photographer

Brooks Ayola

Chatsworth, California, US

Where are the titties in this thread? (inside joke)

Feb 01 13 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Brooks Ayola wrote:
Where are the titties in this thread? (inside joke)

you want to see my titties?

Feb 01 13 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Damon Banner wrote:

you want to see my titties?

Please keep those to yourself thank you.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcyvn … o1_500.jpg 18+

Feb 01 13 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Andy Welch

Richmond, Virginia, US

I did it last spring.  Got about halfway.  Probably gonna start it up again soon.

Feb 01 13 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Viral Photo wrote:
I did it last spring.  Got about halfway.  Probably gonna start it up again soon.

my cardio used to be fucking amazing.  Like a 15 months ago.  Could run a 7:30 mile again.  I would have made Shaun T quit first.  Now.  I'm just an old man.  I'm still sexy, but old!

Feb 01 13 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Feb 01 13 12:49 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

I try to run 5 miles everyday to keep my cardio up. I run on a treadmill while watching the Daily Show so I am not sure if that makes me a wimp or not.

Feb 01 13 02:09 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Sha-Lynne

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Not to be all srz bznz but you okay?

Feb 01 13 02:41 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:

my cardio used to be fucking amazing.  Like a 15 months ago.  Could run a 7:30 mile again.  I would have made Shaun T quit first.  Now.  I'm just an old man.  I'm still sexy, but old!

Shit, I cant walk up the stairs without getting winded

Feb 01 13 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Ronin_LLC wrote:
I try to run 5 miles everyday to keep my cardio up. I run on a treadmill while watching the Daily Show so I am not sure if that makes me a wimp or not.

different type of cardio. 

When I was doing Jiu Jitsu weekly, my cardio was amazing.  I never jogged, but I was still able to run that 7:30 minute mile. 

You'd probably fare better than me at this, but it would still bust your shit!

Feb 01 13 03:07 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

Shit, I cant walk up the stairs without getting winded

That is because you are lazy!  tongue 

*pinches your cheeks, the bottom ones*

Feb 01 13 03:08 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Damon Banner wrote:
different type of cardio. 

When I was doing Jiu Jitsu weekly, my cardio was amazing.  I never jogged, but I was still able to run that 7:30 minute mile. 

You'd probably fare better than me at this, but it would still bust your shit!

Most Martial Arts have rather insane cardio and strength training exercises. Back when I was studying Shandong Kung Fu, they were slightly insane. Training with hot coals brings a whole new meaning to "feel the burn".

Feb 01 13 03:16 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:

That is because you are lazy!  tongue 

*pinches your cheeks, the bottom ones*

well yeah, what else would I be?

Feb 01 13 03:28 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

well yeah, what else would I be?

I have faith in you (it's a little, because i know you) that one day, you will workout so you can take those steps two at a time!

Feb 01 13 03:37 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Damon Banner wrote:

I have faith in you (it's a little, because i know you) that one day, you will workout so you can take those steps two at a time!

All the workouts in the world wont make my legs longer, Damon.

But I appreciate the support

Feb 01 13 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

they will be small stairs! 

Like, if you climbed 100 of them, you'd only be like 3 feet off the ground

Feb 01 13 04:08 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

Well we could always strap you to one of those torture racks and just stretch you out. It works on Looney Toons all the time.

Feb 01 13 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo Diavolo

Martinez, California, US

Now I want to try and run a mile just to see if I can do it under 7:30.
Last time I had to run was about 10 years ago and then it was only a short sprint to get away from the cops,... er um...... foot race with friends.

I think my blood is just made of acid now, and if i got it pumping i would die.
It's science.

Working out is insanity.

Feb 02 13 07:49 am Link

Model

Andy Virus

Richmond, Virginia, US

Damon Banner wrote:

I'm doing cardio again since I can't make it to the gym hardly to lift right now.  You're sexy and you know it!  *dances*

Feb 02 13 08:54 am Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I've never done the Insanity workouts. Finished both P90X, and the follow-up series that came out around the end of 2011 or so.

My cardio improved a lot doing those workouts, and resting heart-rate (which has ALWAYS been 80-90bpm, no matter what kind of shape I'm in) actually dropped down into the mid-70s, for the first time in my life. That being said, I lost a lot of overall raw strength. Lost some of the shape in my chest and shoulders also. My shoulders just sort of shrank away, so I got more pear-shaped-looking doing P90X, even though my cardio improved a lot.

I find Insanity-like training, or anything very fast-paced, to be hard on my knees. I have sort of shitty joints, but it's mostly from dancing. Happens to a lot of strippers if they dance long enough, apparently, but it does effect what I can do workout-wise sometimes - not always, just sometimes.

I'm a little afraid of Insanity, actually.

Feb 02 13 09:08 am Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

Koryn Locke wrote:
I've never done the Insanity workouts. Finished both P90X, and the follow-up series that came out around the end of 2011 or so.

My cardio improved a lot doing those workouts, and resting heart-rate (which has ALWAYS been 80-90bpm, no matter what kind of shape I'm in) actually dropped down into the mid-70s, for the first time in my life. That being said, I lost a lot of overall raw strength. Lost some of the shape in my chest and shoulders also. My shoulders just sort of shrank away, so I got more pear-shaped-looking doing P90X, even though my cardio improved a lot.

I find Insanity-like training, or anything very fast-paced, to be hard on my knees. I have sort of shitty joints, but it's mostly from dancing. Happens to a lot of strippers if they dance long enough, apparently, but it does effect what I can do workout-wise sometimes - not always, just sometimes.

I'm still lifting... in addition to doing the insanity workout!  or at least that is the plan!

why is your resting so high?

Feb 02 13 09:15 am Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Damon Banner wrote:
why is your resting so high?

No one knows, and the only people I've asked just said don't worry about it, because I'm otherwise healthy. That included the doctor during the last time I went for a physical, but I've had really shitty quality healthcare my whole adult life, so I'm not inclined to take the word of medical professionals as the end-all-be-all.

It's was approx 82 BPM in college, when I was out of shape and slightly overweight, and even tends to be somewhat higher than that now (89 BPM in October) that I am in great shape and very lean.

My blood pressure was always very healthy, though it's been borderline for the past year, primarily because of stress. I'm exhausted all the time now, and mentally drained. I think that's why it's gone up even more.

Feb 02 13 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Koryn Locke wrote:

Damn! I can't imagine you being afraid of anything (except spiders. all girls are afraid of spiders. that's why they need big strong brave men around. lol).
When you said your resting was high, the first thing I thought was high BP. If it's ok now at 30, great! But keep an eye on it over the years. It may be coming.

Feb 02 13 11:31 am Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Marc Damon wrote:
(except spiders. all girls are afraid of spiders. that's why they need big strong brave men around. lol).

I'm not particularly afraid of spiders, but I was kind of grossed out by one this summer. I felt something crawling on my face while I was asleep, and smooshed the fuck out of it. Woke up enough to go look in the bathroom mirror, and there were spider guts all over my cheek.

It was a fat-ass motherfucker too. Bastard exploded on my face.

Feb 02 13 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Hayward, California, US

spider facial.

Feb 02 13 12:24 pm Link