guide forum

Model

Damianne

Posts: 15975

Austin, Texas, US

I apparently foolishly added 3 habaneros to 2 lbs of tomatillos and was unaware the rule is 1 habanero per lb (according to the boyfriend). They're just sitting in a pot waiting to boil, I could totally take one out, but according to the boyfriend we're now in a dick measuring contest with the pot of tomatillos and we can't back down.

Spicy enchiladas to follow.

Feb 01 13 05:22 pm Link

Artist/Painter

sdgillis

Posts: 2444

Portland, Oregon, US

ninja

Feb 01 13 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Posts: 26657

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Feb 01 13 05:53 pm Link

Photographer

Marc Damon

Posts: 6562

Biloxi, Mississippi, US

Damianne wrote:
I apparently foolishly added 3 habaneros to 2 lbs of tomatillos and was unaware the rule is 1 habanero per lb (according to the boyfriend). They're just sitting in a pot waiting to boil, I could totally take one out, but according to the boyfriend we're now in a dick measuring contest with the pot of tomatillos and we can't back down.

Spicy enchiladas to follow.

Only three? throw in another one if you really want to measure!

Feb 01 13 05:58 pm Link

Model

DivaEroticus

Posts: 14716

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Wait, are you going by the fishing ruler, or internet measurement?

Feb 01 13 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Banner

Posts: 85305

Hayward, California, US

mud butt doodoo stains.

Feb 01 13 06:02 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Damianne

Posts: 15975

Austin, Texas, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
Wait, are you going by the fishing ruler, or internet measurement?

The "we're badass if we act like this isn't really all that spicy" ruler.


It's actually not overwhelming, and the sauce is still nummy (although habaneros rarely  override other flavors, they just add a burn to them, which is why I like em), but it's certainly a hot verde sauce. You keep feeling it for a minute or two after taking a bite

Feb 01 13 06:13 pm Link

guide forum

Photographer

Robb Mann

Posts: 10660

Baltimore, Maryland, US

If you kept the habeneros whole and fished them out first, you should be ok. If you cut them up, all bets are off.

Feb 01 13 06:20 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Damianne

Posts: 15975

Austin, Texas, US

Robb Mann wrote:
If you kept the habeneros whole and fished them out first, you should be ok. If you cut them up, all bets are off.

It was all whole. I could have easily removed them, but it would have been admitting defeat.

Luckily I'm eating my enchiladas and they are perfect.
It all worked out and my spicy penis is intact.

Feb 01 13 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Posts: 9451

Santa Barbara, California, US

Tell your boyfriend that stop being a pussy and eat the salsa... Big baby tongue

Feb 02 13 10:45 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Damianne

Posts: 15975

Austin, Texas, US

Art Silva Photography wrote:
Tell your boyfriend that stop being a pussy and eat the salsa... Big baby tongue

Yeah this is already over and done with.
It was delicious.

Feb 02 13 10:55 pm Link