Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > I may go to look at guns, today.

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Anyway...

I've decided what to buy.  A Ruger LCR .38 SPL +P.  It's got a nice grip, not too small.  It's lightweight, only 13oz.  And it's got a nice action.  Plus, it's compatible with the +P rounds.

I'll contact the shooting range, here, and go in and spend some time refreshing my memory and my reaction.

Feb 02 13 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Toledo, Ohio, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

Can you even read??  Do I live in Florida?  Does the text under my avatar say FLORIDA?

Someone help me out, here...is Arkansas really Florida, now?  I know I'm dumb (according to this guy), but did Arkansas suddenly move to the Atlantic/Gulf coasts?

Seriously, Ronin, just be quiet before you look as dumb as you think I am.

I believe Florida acquired Arkansas in the land grab of of '85. It was in all the papers

Feb 02 13 03:54 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Damianne wrote:
Just remember to keep it at home, transporting in your car, or at the range.
Learn how it is put together.
Do not ever point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot and kill them, even if it's unloaded.
Don't ever threaten someone with a gun, that will get you shot with your own gun.
Get comfortable with the gun, if you want to use it for self defense, you should not be shooting it for the first time at the moment there's a problem. You should be comfortable with it completely. So go shooting.

.22s are good for first time gun owners, there's not a lot of kickback, they aren't https://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.pngand loud. Helps you be 100% comfortable with the weapon, which is important if you want to avoid accidentally hurting yourself.

I've owned guns, and used them.  It's just been a long time.

Feb 02 13 03:55 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Eye of Sicari wrote:

I believe Florida acquired Arkansas in the land grab of of '85. It was in all the papers

Oh.  I missed that.  I was in a drug-induced haze, I'll wager.

Feb 02 13 03:56 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

I've owned guns, and used them.  It's just been a long time.

Well then get Vera or something BAD ASS

Feb 02 13 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Toledo, Ohio, US

Damianne wrote:

I was hoping she was going to get the machine gun butt!

Feb 02 13 03:58 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
Anyway...

I've decided what to buy.  A Ruger LCR .38 SPL +P.  It's got a nice grip, not too small.  It's lightweight, only 13oz.  And it's got a nice action.  Plus, it's compatible with the +P rounds.

Its a good gun for the price. Personally more of a Taurus and S&W guy when it comes to revolvers.

Only thing I don't like about it is that its a hammer-less DA only pistol which means you are going to have to deal with that heavier trigger pull on every shot.

Did it come with the kickass paddle hostler.

Feb 02 13 04:00 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

London, England, United Kingdom

Ronin_LLC wrote:

Hopefully with vodka.

No, Vodka doesn't work as an accelerant. At least not at room temperature. Besides, no decent cleaner would use incineration to get rid of the remains. That's what potassium hydroxide is there for.

Feb 02 13 04:02 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Damianne wrote:

She'd have to become a hero of Canton before being worthy of carrying Vera. That or having a hot redhead to trade.

Feb 02 13 04:04 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

No, Vodka doesn't work as an accelerant. At least not at room temperature. Besides, no decent cleaner would use incineration to get rid of the remains. That's what potassium hydroxide is there for.

Cleaner? Is this hollywood? NVM, inside joke.

When committing arson its better to use an alcoholic beverage with a high proof rate to get your fire going. While its harder to get started you don;t have the worry about the accessibility of the materials as well as know pattern.

Its harder to play it off as an accidental electrical fire if the police notices your unique signature of G2.43 napalm mixture using packing peanuts and jello thinking agents with a magnesium fuse lit with a butane torch.

Feb 02 13 04:08 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Ronin_LLC wrote:

Cleaner? Is this hollywood? NVM, inside joke.

When committing arson its better to use an alcoholic beverage with a high proof rate to get your fire going. While its harder to get started you don;t have the worry about the accessibility of the materials as well as know pattern.

Its harder to play it off as an accidental electrical fire if the police notices your unique signature of G2.43 napalm mixture using packing peanuts and jello thinking agents with a magnesium fuse lit with a butane torch.

When you're burned, you've got nothing. No cash, no credit, no job history. You're stuck in whatever city they dump you in.

Feb 02 13 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Most of the gun stores by me are out of all the fun guns. If I cant get a .40 with a twenty round mag, whats the point?

Feb 02 13 04:20 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Robb Mann wrote:
Most of the gun stores by me are out of all the fun guns. If I cant get a .40 with a twenty round mag, whats the point?

That's when you come to someone like me. Gun Gophers are making a killing in todays market thanks to all the panic buying that have got stores on back orders.

You want a new AR 15 complete lower?

The store says you are going that have to pay $600 and wait at least 2 weeks before they can even order it.

A guy like me can get you one buy tomorrow for almost half that.

Feb 02 13 04:24 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

When you're burned, you've got nothing. No cash, no credit, no job history. You're stuck in whatever city they dump you in.

+1

Feb 02 13 04:24 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Robb Mann wrote:

The point is...protecting myself against the asshole that is my estranged husband.  I don't need a semi- or automatic weapon.  I need something small and convenient that I can aim at his balls if the need arises.

Feb 02 13 04:26 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Ronin_LLC wrote:

+1

Who knew there were so many armchair spooks on MM. I feel safer already, gives me that warm feeling from the 'ole USSR days.

Feb 02 13 04:27 pm Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

She'd have to become a hero of Canton before being worthy of carrying Vera. That or having a hot redhead to trade.

Actually you just have to be on a long federal waiting list.

Feb 02 13 04:28 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

Who knew there were so many armchair spooks on MM. I feel safer already, gives me that warm feeling from the 'ole USSR days.

With all the information on the internet and the supposed revolution that the right wingers claim is going to happen if "they take muh' guns"  you can't afford to no know how to build improvised explosives and set up fake identities when the FBI/CIA/shadow government have your trailer park compound under multiple satellite surveillance.

Feb 02 13 04:33 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Damianne wrote:

Actually you just have to be on a long federal waiting list.

Only when you're on good terms with the Alliance.

Feb 02 13 04:39 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

Only when you're on good terms with the Alliance.

Even then you still have to acknowledge the chain of command. That's the chain I beat you with until you acknowledge my command.

Feb 02 13 04:56 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Ronin_LLC wrote:
Even then you still have to acknowledge the chain of command. That's the chain I beat you with until you acknowledge my command.

You're like a trained ape. Without the training.

Feb 02 13 05:07 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

And he's fucking out.  WTF?  mad  And smiling in his mug shot!

Feb 02 13 05:30 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

DivaEroticus wrote:
And he's fucking out.  WTF?  mad  And smiling in his mug shot!

Have you thought about contacting the media?

Not sure how commonplace it is in your place that the authorities give nutjobs carte blanche. I find it pretty outrageous.

Feb 02 13 05:34 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Yep, the due process puts them back out on the street with in a few hours. You should have told the police that you do not few safe with him on the streets and they would have held him for at least 24 hours.

Feb 02 13 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
Anyway...

I'll contact the shooting range, here, and go in and spend some time refreshing my memory and my reaction.

It's a decent piece, but the lighter frame means higher perceived recoil

The plus side is that while the hammerless/shrouded hammer results in the full DA trigger pull for every shot, it can be fired from inside a purse or jacket pocket without snagging the hammer or stove-piping like an auto would.

I like the S&W Airweights, myself.

Feb 02 13 08:08 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Caradoc wrote:

It's a decent piece, but the lighter frame means higher perceived recoil

The plus side is that while the hammerless/shrouded hammer results in the full DA trigger pull for every shot, it can be fired from inside a purse or jacket pocket without snagging the hammer or stove-piping like an auto would.

I like the S&W Airweights, myself.

+1

Feb 02 13 08:37 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-9r2OWei1evE/UQ01UUakgdI/AAAAAAAAqPA/k7iw9lWNgxE/w1024-h1024/obama.jpg
Photo courtesy of The White House via The Hill dot com

Feb 02 13 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
When I own a gun, I'm fully prepared to blow his fucking brains out, if necessary.

Where I live, this statement would make me a person of interest with law enforcement. Probably more than just a person of interest.

I hope you are well.

Feb 02 13 10:17 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

The point is...protecting myself against the asshole that is my estranged husband.  I don't need a semi- or automatic weapon.  I need something small and convenient that I can aim at his balls if the need arises.

I hope your are safe.

But I have to say, if you were near me I would report what you are saying to the police. This is the kind of shit people say before you see them on CNN.

Feb 02 13 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Quay Lude

Madison, Wisconsin, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
That's right.  It's gotten to that point.  I haven't said anything about it in a while.  The asshole still constantly emails me, but one day before yesterday wasn't just the usual pathetic ramblings, it was...disturbing.  Disturbing to the point of real worry on my part.

He was at my office, last weekend, and dumped some stupid stuff on the porch.  But he's not allowed to be there.  It violates the protective order.  The police came and took a report.  Contact by electronic means also violates the order, and that is constant.  CONSTANT.

Then the email that was so disturbing.  He's been arrested three times, and bonds out of jail each time.  There's nothing I can do about it other than continue to file reports, etc.  I was told to just file a report each time he violates the order, but I would be filing reports every few hours, so I haven't done that.  Now, though, it's a different story.  They're going to get tired of me, they're going to know me very well.  I'm not going to be one of those statistics.  I will be there often filing reports.  Hopefully, the judge will see what's going on and revoke any bond and just keep him in jail until a trial.

So the gun thing...

He's been off his rocker since at least the time I left more than a year ago, but that email...

I've decided to buy a gun.  I checked into the law while I was at the police station, yesterday.  I think today I'm going to look at some.

Probably not a bad idea to quote the whole thing.

Feb 02 13 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

modeled wrote:
^
https://i.imgur.com/7MwKEpr.gif

So Hott! ^^^

Feb 02 13 10:33 pm Link

Model

Ronin_LLC

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Art Silva Photography wrote:

So Hott! ^^^

+1

Feb 03 13 01:50 am Link

Model

Damianne

Austin, Texas, US

Cuica Cafezinho wrote:
Where I live, this statement would make me a person of interest with law enforcement. Probably more than just a person of interest.

I hope you are well.

Not where she lives, however.

I like all the judgemental cocks in this thread.
The statement that you're fully prepared to use lethal force if your body is threatened by someone who has threatened it in the past is not just legit, but where I live, kind of a given and an a-ok thing to say.

Feb 03 13 02:21 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Cuica Cafezinho wrote:

Really?  You wanna come and live my life?  You wanna look over your shoulder and keep your blinds drawn in your house?  You wanna live with your skin crawling if he even LOOKS at you?

Fucking quote whatever the hell you want.  Call the FBI, police, whatever.  I'm protecting myself from being a statistic.  And the police know it.  And have suggested it.

Jesus Fucking Christ, the self-righteous and pompous bastards abound.

Feb 03 13 07:06 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Cuica Cafezinho wrote:

I hope your are safe.

But I have to say, if you were near me I would report what you are saying to the police. This is the kind of shit people say before you see them on CNN.

And this is contradictory.  You hope I'm safe, but you think I'm CNN newsworthy.  You don't know my story.  Did you even read my OP?  LOL...priceless.

Feb 03 13 07:11 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Cuica Cafezinho wrote:

And you might want to quote this, since you're so terrified of me:

He's threated to commit suicide in a "very public place.  It would be so appropriate."

Feb 03 13 07:25 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
He's threated to commit suicide in a "very public place.  It would be so appropriate."

Feb 03 13 07:43 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Caradoc wrote:
I don't see an issue with that, myself. In fact, I think people who plan to harm others and then commit suicide are just doing it in the wrong order.

You're right, it IS in the wrong order if they do the murder/suicide thing.  But that's not what usually happens.  The thing that is so disturbing is that it's getting more and more bizarre.  The "appropriate place" could be one of two places.  In so many recent news reports, ex-husbands, boyfriends, whatever, go to a place of work, or someplace they frequented...that's what's so https://assets.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/scary.png.

Feb 03 13 07:51 am Link

Photographer

the lonely photographer

Beverly Hills, California, US

A lot of know it alls lecturing. This has been an annoying topic at least. One thing is certain, the op won't have a cop or a bald headed ex bouncer goon hired as a bodyguard protecting her. And I'll bet none of the respondents here will be around if something goes down. Her biggest mistake is talking about it here. Nobody has to know if she has a weapon on her, it's her decision to equalize and have a combat tactical advantage, if the situation arises she will at least have something to use instead of calling 911.  She should not have to move or change her identity because of it. It sucks but a lot of laws protect the criminal rather than the victim.

Feb 03 13 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Art Silva

I was watching Cops last night and one story had these cops apprehending two gangster kids in broad daylight in a nice residential neighborhood ages 15 and 17.  Get this, one had a semi automatic assault 30 clip down his pants and the other a S&W hand gun. They thought there was nothing wrong and questioned the cop why HE'S carrying a gun, WTF...Kids justified theirs as protection from other kids and cops. Again WTF?!

This is the mentality that is ruining it for the rest of us. I think THIS is what the Obama administration is trying to fight, it's pretty much a war against the law breakers and unqualified law breakers and threats to society.

Feb 03 13 11:18 am Link