Digital Artist

Anthony Bryan

London, England, United Kingdom

Hey,

How does everyone promote there retouching services? Looking on here at the announcement it seems to be a lot more Retouchers and digital artists.. making an announcement every 2 minutes. Do you think this works? I've advertised the same way for about a year with posters around London, business cards given to anyone i meet and through Twitter but now thinking should i upgrade my model mayhem and start driving people made with announcements? :S  " DIGITAL ARTIST HERE!! " >_

Feb 02 13 06:55 am Link

Retoucher

Pari Retouch

Nāshik, Maharashtra, India

IMO, you need to improve your port more than worrying about advertising. Personally I never advertised my services but I got contacted by people as my portfolio got better.
This doesn't mean that I'm against advertising, but it was just what I have personally experienced.

Feb 02 13 07:42 am Link

Digital Artist

Anthony Bryan

Oh okay. I didn't think i asked what people thought of my work but asked if the  announcements on here worked. I have a steady line of clients that seem to be happy with my work and come back. But cheers for your off topic opinion.

Feb 02 13 08:03 am Link

Retoucher

Shine Retouching

Chicago, Illinois, US

I don't think she was slamming your work. I agree with what she saying. Improve your port by adding more photos and adding more variety. She seems to know what she is talking about by looking at her high level of clients. If you are going to succeed in retouching you can't get so emotional or you are going to end up mad all the time when clients ask for silly revisions. At first
I wasn't getting any high level clients until I did what we are suggesting. I would think the goal is not to just get clients but to get high level clients who want to pay you what you are worth.

Feb 02 13 10:26 am Link

Digital Artist

Anthony Bryan

Shine Retouching wrote:
I don't think she was slamming your work. I agree with what she saying. Improve your port by adding more photos and adding more variety. She seems to know what she is talking about by looking at her high level of clients. If you are going to succeed in retouching you can't get so emotional or you are going to end up mad all the time when clients ask for silly revisions. At first
I wasn't getting any high level clients until I did what we are suggesting. I would think the goal is not to just get clients but to get high level clients who want to pay you what you are worth.

I agree with you. I think the wording i used in my reply was wrong.

Feb 02 13 10:51 am Link