Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

Fort Polk South, Louisiana, US

Tell me what type of brushes is worth buying?

SIGMA
SEDONA LACE
CROWN

Feb 05 13 02:47 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cynna Stylz MUA

New York, New York, US

Sigma.

edit:  Look for online coupons.
Also do a search in the Forums....you will find loads of other brand suggestions like Royal and Langnickel ( you can sign up for Pro discount)

Feb 05 13 02:48 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

Cynna Stylz MUA wrote:
Sigma.

edit:  Look for online coupons.

Where do I look for online coupons?

Feb 05 13 02:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cynna Stylz MUA

New York, New York, US

Google Girl! Sigma online coupon

and lots of those YT gurus have them in their links.

Feb 05 13 02:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

Thanks chica!!

Feb 05 13 07:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

JamesCMakeup

Bombay, Maharashtra, India

add to the list bdellium tools, Japonesque and Mac, smashbox and nars.  Expensive on the last three but worth it.  Bdellium and japonesque are amazing brushes.

Feb 06 13 02:46 am Link

Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

Illusions by JC wrote:
add to the list bdellium tools, Japonesque and Mac, smashbox and nars.  Expensive on the last three but worth it.  Bdellium and japonesque are amazing brushes.

Never heard of bdellium!! I will check it out. Thank you!

Feb 06 13 07:02 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Stefania

Carlsbad, California, US

Check out Royal and Langnickle, I got a coupon for 20% off until valentines day (on top of the 40% pro discount we get).

Feb 06 13 08:26 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Castorena stylist

San Diego, California, US

I swear by Real Techniques. Sigma is good too smile

Feb 08 13 09:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

Sharli B Artistry

Dallas, Texas, US

Real techniques........I'm about to check out some of the other brands mentioned here though.

Feb 09 13 06:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

Sharli B Artistry

Dallas, Texas, US

Oh and Crown brushes are great too.

Feb 09 13 06:12 am Link

Makeup Artist

MUA Amanda Fairweather

Castorena  stylist wrote:
I swear by Real Techniques. Sigma is good too smile

I got the real technique brushes. I'll check out crown since I already have a pro discount with them.

Feb 09 13 10:00 am Link

Makeup Artist

Pinch of Pretty MUA

Deerfield Beach, Florida, US

Sedona Lace! I have the basic kit and Im not a fan of it. It okay, just for essentials. I hate the stippling brush. I just use it to apply moisturizer or primer on clients. But the Vortex Set is A MUST HAVE! I am going to get another one and also purchase the Midnight Lace Kabuki kit. Sigma is always raising their prices. I hate that! I have YET to see them have a sale. I dont think I will ever purchase from them. Maybe one set (the premium kit) just to see the quality of their brushes. But after many blogs and reviews via YouTube, I think their brushes are just like Sedona Lace. But Sedona Lace is ALWAYS having a sale. I purchased two brush sets from them on Black Friday at 50% off. And that Vortex kit is AMAZING! I love the bristle textures, the quality of the handles, no shedding, a good variety within the set and the brushes are for way more than basic use. The tulip brush is my favorite for applying bronzer on clients.

ALSO! I like Real Techniques. There wasnt a real WOW factor for me, like some of the reviews I have read. But they are nice brushes. Especially for the price. I also LOVE ELF brushes. I know they are like dirt cheap, but they have some really great face brushes. The complexion brush is GREAT to apply powder or blush. I love their small stippling brush for foundation and HD blush. I like the pointed foundation brush. It applies MAC Studio Sculpt perfectly. Also, the small tapered brush is FABULOUS for contouring. I LOVE it. And lastly, the small angle blush brush is great for blush and contouring. NO SHEDDING, soft, apply well. Really great brushes. Order them if you have never tried them. They are worth way much more than they charge. You won't be disappointed!

Feb 10 13 11:14 am Link

Makeup Artist

House of Westenra

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Stefania I wrote:
Check out Royal and Langnickle, I got a coupon for 20% off until valentines day (on top of the 40% pro discount we get).

Stefania, did you place an order with them for this promotional offer?

Feb 10 13 11:57 am Link

Makeup Artist

Vanita MUA

Seattle, Washington, US

Can be on the pricier side, but I really like Hakuhodo brushes. You can buy them online.

Feb 10 13 01:07 pm Link