Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > What do I need to do?

Photographer

MiGel

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

This is mainly for the experienced editorial & fashion shooters.

Maybe I need a critique, maybe an advice. This may sound kind of dumb, but sometimes these questions need to be asked as well:

What do I need to get or do (portfolio- or otherwise) to land some jobs for editorial or in fashion? (Don't say "get clients". wink )
What I'm maybe asking is: Is something wrong/lacking in my portfolio or is that not the thing I should be worried about?

Feb 09 13 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

The Effective Image

Lansing, Michigan, US

I'm not a 'professional' anything any more... I'm retired. I wasn't a photographer in my work experience. But in looking at your work, it seems more 'experimental' than current
images I see in Vogue, Bazaar, Elle, etc... I'd say it's more Zink, V, Love or some of the other edgy fashion/lifestyle magazines. Maybe you aren't targeting the right publications.

Are you submitting stuff to the edgy fashion/lifestyle magazines or just the mainstream fashion 'biggies'?

Feb 09 13 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

MiGel wrote:
This is mainly for the experienced editorial & fashion shooters.

Maybe I need a critique, maybe an advice. This may sound kind of dumb, but sometimes these questions need to be asked as well:

What do I need to get or do (portfolio- or otherwise) to land some jobs for editorial or in fashion? (Don't say "get clients". wink )
What I'm maybe asking is: Is something wrong/lacking in my portfolio or is that not the thing I should be worried about?

Perhaps others will bear me out on this but you don't appear to have any work that I would call fashion/editorial. Now I really like a lot of what you have up but I would call just about all of it art. So if you are looking for fashion/editorial work you would need some/any of that type of image to show.

Feb 14 13 08:25 pm Link