Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Why are beautiful women so elusive?

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Posts: 22553

Portland, Oregon, US

London Fog wrote:
...evasive, and secretive?

And, no I'm going to cite any examples, just answer the question...please?

1)  Because they are treated like prey animals by horn dogs?
2)  Because they are treated with suspicion by other women?
3)  I wouldn't know.

But beauty is more internal than external, and I've known some stunning women who are the way you describe, but I've known some who are warm, affectionate, and open, and these women are the true beauties.

Feb 13 13 07:32 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
1)  Because they are treated like prey animals by horn dogs?
2)  Because they are treated with suspicion by other women?
3)  I wouldn't know.

But beauty is more internal than external, and I've known some stunning women who are the way you describe, but I've known some who are warm, affectionate, and open, and these women are the true beauties.

What an honest and beautiful answer.

Feb 13 13 07:34 am Link

Model

-Nicole-

Posts: 19211

Madison, Wisconsin, US

In Balance Photography wrote:
Maybe your definition of beautiful is wrong.

^

Feb 13 13 08:19 am Link

Model

Umair Riaz

Posts: 1122

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

IBS wrote:
awesome

I always wonder what the guys look like who say ish like this.

I love the ones that complain how shallow and materialistic women are ( meanwhile they are like 90, bald, ugly as feck and shit personality to boot yet they insist on a 20 something year old on their arm and cry when she takes him to the cleaners).

It boggles the mind.

If you are superficial you probably attract the same thing.

Just to supplement this awesome post, a link to one of Jenna Marble's videos needs to be added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VXXXX9iVPI

Feb 13 13 08:29 am Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Posts: 12650

Newark, New Jersey, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I think this behavior is so selfish.
Plus if anyone is disinterested after a 'chase' which is usually the case, that's just immaturity.
After the string along, it stings:)

I agree but hey bitches be frontin lmao

Feb 13 13 08:39 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Posts: 14818

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Jules NYC wrote:
I think this behavior is so selfish.
Plus if anyone is disinterested after a 'chase' which is usually the case, that's just immaturity.
After the string along, it stings:)

Attractive men can do the same thing.  I knew a man who was/is attractive, successful, intelligent, creative...he chased me, strung me along terribly, and then BAM!  Nothing.  WTF?

I'm not beautiful by any stretch, but I'm certainly worth the effort.

Feb 13 13 09:00 am Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Posts: 12650

Newark, New Jersey, US

DivaEroticus wrote:

Attractive men can do the same thing.  I knew a man who was/is attractive, successful, intelligent, creative...he chased me, strung me along terribly, and then BAM!  Nothing.  WTF?

I'm not beautiful by any stretch, but I'm certainly worth the effort.

Stop it yes you are beautiful! and that sucks

Feb 13 13 09:07 am Link

Photographer

DEP E510

Posts: 1840

Miramar, Florida, US

a beautiful human being:

1. is someone who tries to brighten up the mood of people wherever they may be.

2. tries to make the world a better place.

3. makes people around them want to be better people.

Let's all try to become beautiful. Looks don't matter...

Feb 13 13 09:21 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

DivaEroticus wrote:
Attractive men can do the same thing.  I knew a man who was/is attractive, successful, intelligent, creative...he chased me, strung me along terribly, and then BAM!  Nothing.  WTF?

I'm not beautiful by any stretch, but I'm certainly worth the effort.

You are beautiful to me and to most that notice:)

... and just to be clear you have both; I noticed a picture of you on the 'Let's get to know each other thread'.

Most think one can't have both;)

I had a gorgeous guy revel in stringing me along until it became too real for him and he chickened out.

Thanks Paolo
lol

Feb 13 13 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Andialu

Posts: 14029

San Pedro, California, US

DEP E510 wrote:
a beautiful human being:

1. is someone who tries to brighten up the mood of people wherever they may be.

2. tries to make the world a better place.

3. makes people around them want to be better people.

Let's all try to become beautiful. Looks don't matter...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Feb 13 13 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

Posts: 17328

Lebanon, New Hampshire, US

e m i l y wrote:
I'm not even on the high end of "beautiful".

Uhm... says who?

Feb 13 13 09:40 am Link

Photographer

DEP E510

Posts: 1840

Miramar, Florida, US

Andialu wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww

Ha!

Made my day smile

Feb 13 13 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Daniel Chase

Posts: 629

San Francisco, California, US

This might help...

http://www.yintegrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/man-woman-switches.jpg

Feb 13 13 10:05 am Link

Photographer

r T p

Posts: 3242

Vaduz, Vaduz, Liechtenstein

e m i l y wrote:
I'm not even on the high end of "beautiful".

Fotographia Fantastique wrote:
Uhm... says who?


u
mm... says she

Feb 13 13 10:58 am Link

Model

retired light reflector

Posts: 3244

Novolazarovskaya - permanent station of Russia, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

...the fuck is this?

Feb 13 13 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Posts: 25109

Tampa, Florida, US

Daniel Chase wrote:
This might help...

http://www.yintegrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/man-woman-switches.jpg

Heh...I saw a great one just like this for us guitar people

Men
Eddie Van Halen with his black and yellow Charvel strat
1 pickup,1 volume knob

Women
Lita Ford with her white doubleneck BC Rich Bich
that thing is covered with knobs,switches,pots,buttons(IMO 95% of them useless)

Feb 13 13 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Posts: 25109

Tampa, Florida, US

Ooooops

Feb 13 13 11:17 am Link

Model

-Nicole-

Posts: 19211

Madison, Wisconsin, US

indefinite anomaly wrote:
...the fuck is this?

lol

Feb 13 13 11:21 am Link

Photographer

L o n d o n F o g

Posts: 6770

London, England, United Kingdom

Looknsee Photography wrote:
1)  Because they are treated like prey animals by horn dogs?
2)  Because they are treated with suspicion by other women?
3)  I wouldn't know.

But beauty is more internal than external, and I've known some stunning women who are the way you describe, but I've known some who are warm, affectionate, and open, and these women are the true beauties.

Totally agree, what an honest answer!

Feb 13 13 11:23 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

Heh...I saw a great one just like this for us guitar people

Men
Eddie Van Halen with his black and yellow Charvel strat
1 pickup,1 volume knob

Women
Lita Ford with her white doubleneck BC Rich Bich
that thing is covered with knobs,switches,pots,buttons(IMO 95% of them useless)

Do you realize the inference you just made?

Feb 13 13 11:56 am Link

Photographer

L o n d o n F o g

Posts: 6770

London, England, United Kingdom

Daniel Chase wrote:
This might help...

http://www.yintegrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/man-woman-switches.jpg

Although, this is very true as well!

Notice how the mans switch only goes up...!

Feb 13 13 12:16 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

Feb 13 13 01:06 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

Men is one letter shy of mean

Feb 13 13 02:15 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Posts: 1413

London, England, United Kingdom

Jules NYC wrote:
Men is one letter shy of mean

And a letter shy of amen.

Feb 13 13 02:38 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

Russian Katarina wrote:
And a letter shy of amen.

I am not bisexual or a lesbian, but most men?
Mean.

...but I'm not trying to win a popularity contest either:)

Feb 13 13 02:42 pm Link

Model

E e v a

Posts: 1724

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:

I agree with this some woman just make you work for their affection especially if they are really beautiful and know they can sting you along a bit

I usually dislike this side of things. I have a few ex friends who did this kind of crap. I don't like being chased, because I do not like people throwing themselves at me at all.  I'd rather earn my guy back then just sit there and be useless while they do all the work. But some woman just like being liked i guess.

Feb 13 13 02:44 pm Link

Model

Russian Katarina

Posts: 1413

London, England, United Kingdom

Jules NYC wrote:

I am not bisexual or a lesbian, but most men?
Mean.

...but I'm not trying to win a popularity contest either:)

Men are what we allow them to be(come).

Feb 13 13 02:46 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

Russian Katarina wrote:
Men are what we allow them to be(come).

True.

When I see ugliness, I end the relationship
or better yet, don't even entertain the prospect of one.

I will say I had very nice boyfriends.

Feb 13 13 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

In Balance Photography

Posts: 3374

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

Men are what we allow them to be(come).

Ok ... You need to explain that to me because it just went over my head smile

Feb 13 13 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

r T p

Posts: 3242

Vaduz, Vaduz, Liechtenstein

Jules NYC wrote:
Men is one letter shy of mean

http://www.peggylee.com/pics/covers/ladysingstheblues.jpg

Feb 13 13 03:10 pm Link

Model

Big A-Larger Than Life

Posts: 33422

The Woodlands, Texas, US

London Fog wrote:
...evasive, and secretive?

And, no I'm going to cite any examples, just answer the question...please?

I dunno, but us fugly chicks are just openly blunt assholes, so maybe chicks that are beautiful on the outside want people to think they're beautiful on the inside, too.  But gorgeous girls should just be themselves and be open.  Everyone knows you can't put MAC foundation on your soul.  On the inside, all us humans are ugly douchebags.  big_smile

And it's what's on the inside that counts.  My mom said.

Feb 13 13 03:17 pm Link

Model

Poses

Posts: 8139

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:
Everyone knows you can't put MAC foundation on your soul.

Big A, we missed you. And I love this quote.

Feb 13 13 03:19 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

cy be rea n wrote:

http://www.peggylee.com/pics/covers/ladysingstheblues.jpg

I love the blues.

What's sad is that some people devoid of gender think a physically attractive female can't also be beautiful inside.

Not everyone uses their physical beauty as a weapon or right of superiority.

Feb 13 13 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 37168

Columbus, Ohio, US

Jules NYC wrote:

I am not bisexual or a lesbian, but most men?
Mean.

...but I'm not trying to win a popularity contest either:)

Perhaps re-phrasing that to most men you've known would be better terminology, than most men?

Feb 13 13 03:23 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

Small Fruit Pits wrote:

Perhaps re-phrasing that to most men you've known would be better terminology, than most men?

Then let me rephrase it all:
Most people tend to be mean.

Genuinely nice people are not in abundance.
That is my opinion:)

Feb 13 13 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

In Balance Photography

Posts: 3374

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Then let me rephrase it all:
Most people tend to be mean.

Genuinely nice people are not in abundance.
That is my opinion:)

There's mean, and there's "not considerate". I don't think I know too many really mean people, but there are definitely ones out there (myself include) that fall into that latter category more often than they should.

Feb 13 13 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

Posts: 33883

San Francisco, California, US

Russian Katarina wrote:

Men are what we allow them to be(come).

wink

Feb 13 13 03:37 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

Posts: 17751

New York, New York, US

In Balance Photography wrote:

There's mean, and there's "not considerate". I don't think I know too many really mean people, but there are definitely ones out there (myself include) that fall into that latter category more often than they should.

Nice people are always considerate.
If they don't understand something and inadvertently do something hurtful, they make amends.

Same as you either are honest or you are not honest.
It all comes from the same well of character.

Feb 13 13 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

r T p

Posts: 3242

Vaduz, Vaduz, Liechtenstein

Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:
I dunno, but us fugly chicks are just openly blunt assholes, ...


yo
ur wrong.  chicks is no assholes.


chicks be... assholesess

Feb 13 13 03:49 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Posts: 35434

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jules NYC wrote:
Men is one letter shy of mean

Right. And women aren't?

Feb 13 13 04:27 pm Link