Forums > Model Colloquy > Celebrating 36 years as nude model

Model

Barefoot Bill

Stone Mountain, Georgia, US

On February 11, 1977, I nervously entered Le Millet Private Art School in Baltimore for my very first figure modeling gig. I was terrified. It was a whole new realm. I needed the money. But I knew nothing about modeling. The instructor, Mr. Miller, and his students exuded patience and understanding for this novice.

At the conclusion of my 4 hour session, Mr. Miller praised me and said, "You are an excellent model. Use me as a reference." That year, I booked over 330 modeling gigs at a dozen schools. My desperate need for money blossomed into a fun, exciting and physically demanding career. I have nurtured and guided several others to dab into the waters of art modeling, including my future wife, LaDonna Allison. Not one person I helped to start modeling has ever regretted it.

Nude modeling allowed me to deal with my inhibitions and my new confidence enabled me to delve into media relations and eventually explore acting. Previously petrified of performing onstage or in front of the camera, I relaxed. For public relations, I did hundreds of interviews promoting my clients. Then, I explored acting, exhibiting a talent that existed beyond my grasp until I learned to purge the negativity from my world. Every step brings me closer to a greater horizon.

I never thought that a simple quest for cash 36 years ago would be so life changing. Yes, it is a strange job, but it has enriched me in many ways.

Feb 11 13 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

photomode

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Congratulations and all credit to you. Seems you've had a good fun time.

Feb 11 13 08:48 pm Link

Model

S. Stark

Los Angeles, California, US

Congrats!  It sure is a wonderful time, isn't it?

smile

Feb 11 13 08:53 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Congratulations!!!

I thought I was doing well being in my 26th year of professional modeling.
Only 10 more years for me to reach your heights wink

Feb 12 13 12:25 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Yay, I'm glad you stuck with it.  smile.

Feb 12 13 02:59 am Link

Model

Angel ONeill

Venice, Veneto, Italy

What an excellent read! Congratulations!

Feb 12 13 04:55 am Link

Model

Barefoot Bill

It has been a great career. Where else can you be paid to get naked and legal?  I have never regretted one minute.

I have lost other jobs because of my nude modeling, but I have been better for that loss.

When you spend your life appeasing others, you will never please yourself

Feb 12 13 07:07 pm Link

Photographer

salvatori.

Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica

Inspirational. Cool. Kick-ass. Etc. Etc.

Congrats smile

Feb 12 13 07:11 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Dodd

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Barefoot Bill you are a true ORIGINAL in every sense of the word!
You may not have been naked in this particular image of mine, but it is definitely still "not safe for work"

http://thomasdodd.tumblr.com/image/42250746030

You are the man Bill!

Feb 12 13 07:14 pm Link

Photographer

Srefis

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Cheers Bill! smile

Feb 12 13 07:15 pm Link

Model

Barefoot Bill

Thomas Dodd wrote:
Barefoot Bill you are a true ORIGINAL in every sense of the word!
You may not have been naked in this particular image of mine, but it is definitely still "not safe for work"

http://thomasdodd.tumblr.com/image/42250746030

You are the man Bill!

It is always an honor and privilege to work with you. That shot is one of my favorites

Feb 12 13 10:10 pm Link

Model

Caitin Bre

Apache Junction, Arizona, US

Congrats!!! smile

Feb 13 13 05:56 am Link

Model

LaDonna Allison

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Barefoot Bill guided me and nurtured me. Though I had always wanted to model, I never had the encouragement, opportunity or courage. He calmed my fears, provided pointers, and gave me confidience.

I love posing nude; Bill's kindness and experience has lead me onto a fascinating career in modeling and acting.

Thanks Bill

Feb 17 13 09:56 pm Link

Photographer

Marin Photo NYC

New York, New York, US

Congrats on your liberating experience and having the courage to live the way you want to live!...

Feb 17 13 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

ArtisticGlamour

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Very very Cool!

With your permission Bill, I'd like to take some of your quotes from your profile page, that I really like...

"God created me naked! If that is good enough for him, then it's good enough for me" --- Barefoot Bill Pacer

"I have never met an ugly person; however, I have met persons with ugly minds." -- Barefoot Bill Pacer

"Homosexuality is an inherited trait; prejudice is a learned trait" --Barefoot Bill Pacer

"Those with power and prejudice fear those with courage and determination"--Barefoot Bill Pacer

"Old artists never die, they merely find a new medium." -- Barefoot Bill Pacer

"If you spend your life appeasing others, you will never please yourself" -- Barefoot Bill Pacer

"€œWhat spirit is so empty and blind, that it cannot recognize the fact that the foot is more noble than the shoe, and skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed?"” Michelangelo

Feb 18 13 08:31 am Link

Photographer

ArtisticGlamour

Phoenix, Arizona, US

LaDonna Allison wrote:
Barefoot Bill guided me and nurtured me. Though I had always wanted to model, I never had the encouragement, opportunity or courage. He calmed my fears, provided pointers, and gave me confidience.

Beautiful.

Feb 18 13 08:37 am Link

Model

Figuremodel001

Chicago, Illinois, US

Congratulations.

Feb 19 13 05:19 pm Link

Model

CRIMSON REIGN

Baltimore, Maryland, US

CONGRATS! You're an inspiration to us all!

Feb 19 13 05:35 pm Link