Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Is there a "Make up" plugin for fast results?

Photographer

Chronos Creations

Posts: 353

Benidorm, Valencia, Spain

I've recently been asked about touching up eyes, lips, etc on amateur photos for moneys. I don't have any desire to actually put any real effort into this, as the pictures tend to be of a low quality and there's a hell of a lot of them, so I was wondering if there was a make up plugin, somewhat like portrait professional but for adding eye liner, eye shadow, lipstick, or whatever...
Anything along these lines?

Cheers

Feb 13 13 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Posts: 8176

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Chronos Productions wrote:
I've recently been asked about touching up eyes, lips, etc on amateur photos for moneys. I don't have any desire to actually put any real effort into this, as the pictures tend to be of a low quality and there's a hell of a lot of them, so I was wondering if there was a make up plugin, somewhat like portrait professional but for adding eye liner, eye shadow, lipstick, or whatever...
Anything along these lines?

Cheers

So let me get this right.. you're getting paid to do something you'd rather not & in doing so aren't putting any real effort in?

I hope your client isn't reading this.

Just my thoughts ~ MR

Feb 13 13 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

Chronos Creations

Posts: 353

Benidorm, Valencia, Spain

Images by MR wrote:
So let me get this right.. you're getting paid to do something you'd rather not & in doing so aren't putting any real effort in?

I hope your client isn't reading this.

Just my thoughts ~ MR

Cheers for your answer, it was extremely helpful.
Are you just going to judge or give a link to something? It's not rocket science, I don't want to really do these pics because they will in no way help my port. They are just small photos being taken on a point and shoot and a friend is begging me to put some make up on them. And yes she knows that I don't actually want to do it.

Feb 13 13 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

Daeda1us

Posts: 1067

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Found several with a simple google search.

Feb 13 13 10:51 pm Link

Photographer

Chronos Creations

Posts: 353

Benidorm, Valencia, Spain

...The amount of help on here is incredible at times.

I googled "make up plugin", "make up photoshop" etc and all I got was programs that smooth skin. Could you share with me what you found?

Feb 13 13 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

Daeda1us

Posts: 1067

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

I used "makeup plugin for photoshop"
Came up with several.  No, I have not had any experience with any of them.

This one looks interesting, but it is 50 Euros.
http://spc-international.com/site/?page_id=46

Portrait Professional also has sliders for make up

On a side note: I found some AKVIS plugins I did not know existed.
All good.  big_smile

Daeda1us

Feb 13 13 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

Chronos Creations

Posts: 353

Benidorm, Valencia, Spain

Daeda1us wrote:
I used "makeup plugin for photoshop"
Came up with several.  No, I have not had any experience with any of them.

This one looks interesting, but it is 50 Euros.
http://spc-international.com/site/?page_id=46
Daeda1us

I saw this site on my search before I posted here, it says this on the main page

"Using it you can:
Remove imperfections;
Smooth your skin."

Since it doesn't state anything else, I doubt it has any actual adding make up tools on it

Feb 13 13 11:08 pm Link

Photographer

Daeda1us

Posts: 1067

Little Rock, Arkansas, US

Chronos Productions wrote:

I saw this site on my search before I posted here, it says this on the main page

"Using it you can:
Remove imperfections;
Smooth your skin."

Since it doesn't state anything else, I doubt it has any actual adding make up tools on it

Ok, sorry I could not be more help.
Hope you find what you need.

Daeda1us

Feb 13 13 11:12 pm Link

Photographer

Chronos Creations

Posts: 353

Benidorm, Valencia, Spain

Daeda1us wrote:
Ok, sorry I could not be more help.
Hope you find what you need.

Daeda1us

At least you tried! Thanks.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong area, maybe there's a make up template or something, or a place where you can find different types of eye shadowing already done

Feb 13 13 11:27 pm Link

Retoucher

Chase Retouching

Posts: 39

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I wouldn't try finding a plugin for it. You can do it really fast a few different ways. Try masking in a hue/saturation layer (possibly set to colorize) or a color balance layer, and then feather the layer mask heavily enough to spread it smoothly. You could also use the brush tool on a new layer, and try different layer blend modes such as hue or color -- or set the brush to those modes instead. Blur the layer to spread the makeup, just like with feathering the mask.

It sounds time consuming, but seriously it isn't. The trick is knowing how makeup is applied: put a blob on and then spread it around. Same concept in photoshop... mask or paint in an effect, and then feather or blur it.

Easy big_smile If that doesn't make sense though, let me know.

Feb 13 13 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Chronos Creations

Posts: 353

Benidorm, Valencia, Spain

Chase Retouching wrote:
I wouldn't try finding a plugin for it. You can do it really fast a few different ways. Try masking in a hue/saturation layer (possibly set to colorize) or a color balance layer, and then feather the layer mask heavily enough to spread it smoothly. You could also use the brush tool on a new layer, and try different layer blend modes such as hue or color -- or set the brush to those modes instead. Blur the layer to spread the makeup, just like with feathering the mask.

It sounds time consuming, but seriously it isn't. The trick is knowing how makeup is applied: put a blob on and then spread it around. Same concept in photoshop... mask or paint in an effect, and then feather or blur it.

Easy big_smile If that doesn't make sense though, let me know.

Actually that makes a lot of sense and I'm very glad you saw my post! I know nothing about applying make up and probably should learn to help me. I will try now what you advised on a photo. Cheers!

Feb 13 13 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Sanders

Posts: 77

Vienna, Wien, Austria

You can also search for actions in google like:
photoshop makeup actions
Maybe you will find something for your needs

Feb 14 13 02:44 am Link

Photographer

Velvet Paper Photo

Posts: 468

Lexington, Kentucky, US

Frank Sanders wrote:
You can also search for actions in google like:
photoshop makeup actions
Maybe you will find something for your needs

Or "photoshop makeup brushes"

Feb 18 13 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Posts: 15947

Orlando, Florida, US

I'd bet Portrait Professional has a few quick and easy functions for putting makeup on an image.


As long as she's ok with looking a bit fake and clowny.

Feb 18 13 01:59 pm Link

Retoucher

Paul Snyder

Posts: 89

Columbus, Ohio, US

Chronos Productions wrote:
...The amount of help on here is incredible at times.

Why would anyone want to give you any credible help when you clearly don't care about the work. 

Not quite an attitude that usually invites helpfulness.

Feb 18 13 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

richy01

Posts: 153

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Paul Snyder wrote:

Why would anyone want to give you any credible help when you clearly don't care about the work. 

Not quite an attitude that usually invites helpfulness.

+1...neither your first post nor the way you answer(very agitated) is inviting people to give any help....

Feb 21 13 08:08 am Link