Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Please critique my photos!

Model

Kelly Ann Carter

Hollywood, Florida, US

Take a look at my portfolio and let me know.

Feb 14 13 11:36 am Link

Photographer

Image Works Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

I don't like the crops and posing in some. One looks like a candid shot and unnatural. Another- the horizon is tilted. Some look repetitive and boring. Thats just what I see. I would start over again and include whole body and head shots. Work on the poses. I would of shot with you. I used to live down there for a number of years before moving to Orlando. Cheers smile

Feb 14 13 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

The Gross Bite

Lansing, Michigan, US

You have a couple of decent images. The others are rather 'posed' and not very interesting. They look like stuff you'd see in a catalog that was put together by unimaginative folks.

Break out of the conventional pose thing... be more adventurous in your posing.
Do something... it doesn't have to be much. For instance, if it's a swimsuit shoot on a beach, pick up a shell and look at it, or carry a big straw 'sun' hat, or play with a scarf around your waist used as a cover up. But don't just throw out your hip and smile. EVERYBODY does that.

Just my opinion.

Feb 14 13 11:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ShannonJennings MUA

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

Please don't take this too much to heart because you are very beautiful but I find this particular shot https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31467538 quite masculine. I just think it's a  very unflattering angle for you & would lose that picture.

I like the last picture of you in the black bikini & your profile picture but I think it is a strange crop. (not that I really know anything about composition, but it looks weird to me)

I would like to see some shots of you with your hair off your face. I always think models are trying to hide something when they have bangs/fringes (depending where you some from) in all their pictures.

Feb 15 13 02:57 am Link

Photographer

LTI

North Shore, Auckland, New Zealand

Hi. Find a photographer that is going to work with you & that you are comfortable with. I feel that your images lack direction. Great Moments Photography is right, crop in, & remember, it's all about you. I reckon you've got it all there, great looks and an awesome body. Try organizing a shoot where you aren't going to use the images for your portfolio, just have fun. Takes the pressure off and see how it goes, ask the photographer for definite direction.
Just my 2c. 
Best of luck.

Feb 15 13 10:23 am Link

Model

Meghan Hale

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

You have a very beautiful look! And definitely some great images!

I would suggest you delete this one:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31467538
It just feels very awkward and unflattering. Other than this one, there is no photos I dislike.

Feb 18 13 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Anthony Croft

El Paso, Texas, US

the shot of you sitting in chair.... you are somewhat expression-less... to me it seems trying to hard, or not at all...

With that being said... I'd still book with you. You have a great look.

Best Regards,

-Anthony

Feb 21 13 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

You have a great look, but your photos are not capturing it as well as they should
Issues with cropping, lighting and posing are holding your portfolio back. Try to use photos where the photographer has not run logos across your body.

Feb 22 13 06:40 am Link