Forums > Model Colloquy > Do I have a chance in fashion or swimsuit?

Model

Stephanie Sarah

MOORESTOWN, New Jersey, US

I am 30, although I look younger, well known agencies haven't responded..only smaller ones. I got previous comments such as "I need more expression in my face". Although this is very true (one beach shoot in portfolio I had to look directly at sun whole time, and I didn't get my guidance in expression/knew it was an area to work on previously shoots). I absolutely do not mind gettin more practice in the expression area SO LONG AS THE COMMENT REALLY DOESN'T MEAN "nice body, busted face". I have a good full time career, so l obviously I don't want to waste more time, if I don't have a chance in a good agency (not small). So please be honest, would practicing expression and getting high quality photos actually increase my chance to a possibility in a successful agency?

Feb 23 13 08:59 am Link

Photographer

Shon D.- Femme

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

Please post in the Critique forums.

Feb 23 13 09:09 am Link

Photographer

JONATHAN RICHARD

New York, New York, US

Stephanie Sarah wrote:
I am 30, although I look younger,...

...well known agencies haven't responded..only smaller ones. ...

...I got previous comments such as "I need more expression in my face". ...

...Although this is very true...

...knew it was an area to work on previously shoots)....

...I have a good full time career, so l obviously I don't want to waste more time,...

...So please be honest, .......

You may have all the info you need from the op  ( You )

As mentioned in another thread

Am I wasting my time ?

Not having an agency, not spending a lot of your time, not spending your money and or resources, or not putting in a lot of effort on your part will result in you probably not succeeding at doing this full-time ....or at all.

And understand even if you did provide all of the above there would still be no guarantees

Feb 23 13 01:30 pm Link

Model

MelissaAnn

Seattle, Washington, US

You're 30, so you don't have a chance with a good agency (unless you want to do commercial, and it's still extremely unlikely).

If you enjoy modeling, you can freelance, or do it as a hobby.  It's not a waste of time unless you don't enjoy it.  If you're only interested in modeling because you're hoping to "make it big" with a good agency, than yes, you are definitely wasting your time.

Feb 23 13 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

1k-words-photograpy

Leesburg, Virginia, US

I don't think you have a nice body and a busted face. Your face is acceptable.

However there is not a single photography in your portfolio where you looked connected. And they all have the same expression.

If you put in the work you can certainly be part of great pictures.

Feb 23 13 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

TL Westgate

Altamonte Springs, Florida, US

I have a trip to Philly coming up next month and actually looked at your profile. The thing that made me not want to email you was this bold statement in the middle of your profile:

HOWEVER I ONLY WORK WITH PHOTOGRAPHERS WHO DO TOUCH UPS AND PROVIDE MAKEUP ARTIST AND HAIR STYLIST.

I take the pix and edit them. But I'm not paying for a makeup artist and hair stylist. Look at my port. None of the women I've shot with have had hair and make up. That "requirement" from you is rather offsetting.

Feb 26 13 06:29 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

TL Westgate wrote:
I have a trip to Philly coming up next month

What you said is a critique by MM definition, which you cannot do outside of the critique forum.....and really didn't address the question the OP asked.

Feb 26 13 06:37 am Link

Photographer

TL Westgate

Sorry if I broke any rules. I was meaning that what I think will hold her back is her requirement for make up and hair.

Feb 26 13 06:39 am Link

Photographer

TL Westgate

Duplicate post deleted.

Feb 26 13 06:40 am Link

Photographer

AJ_In_Atlanta

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Nobody is allowed to respond outside of the feedback forums really, however reading newmodels.com may help you out with some of your questions

Feb 26 13 06:51 am Link