Forums > Critique > New to modeling and needs direction

Model

Emily Komada

Cramerton, North Carolina, US

Hi there everyone.
I'm Emily and I'm just looking for help on everything from posing to expressions right now.
Like I said in the subject, I'm very new to all, so don't hold back.

Thanks =]

Feb 26 13 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

The poses and expressions could be better.  Suggestions: (1) work with an experienced photographer who can give you some direction during a shoot and (2) look at other models' portfolio for ideas for posing and facial expression.

Good luck!

But just one worthless opinion.   smile

Feb 26 13 03:53 pm Link

Model

Emily Komada

Nor-Cal Photography wrote:
The poses and expressions could be better.  Suggestions: (1) work with an experienced photographer who can give you some direction during a shoot and (2) look at other models' portfolio for ideas for posing and facial expression.

Good luck!

But just one worthless opinion.   smile

Thank you very much.
And I am currently working on setting up a formal shoot because I know that would help me out a lot.

Feb 26 13 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Hi and welcome I see you've been a member since 2009 smile, as for suggestions yes find photographers in your area by using the browse feature, also check casting calls or make a casting call in your area, to help you build a portfolio, as for posing, expressions, try using a full length mirror and just practice poses, and expressions (smile, sad, surprised, scared....happy, etc.

Good luck and best wishes smile

Feb 26 13 04:41 pm Link

Model

Emily Komada

PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
Hi and welcome I see you've been a member since 2009 smile, as for suggestions yes find photographers in your area by using the browse feature, also check casting calls or make a casting call in your area, to help you build a portfolio, as for posing, expressions, try using a full length mirror and just practice poses, and expressions (smile, sad, surprised, scared....happy, etc.

Good luck and best wishes smile

Hi and thanks for the suggestions.

Yea, I have been, but when I made my profile and my parents found out I had to kinda shut it down for awhile. They thought I was too young. Haha

Feb 26 13 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Emily Komada wrote:

Hi and thanks for the suggestions.

Yea, I have been, but when I made my profile and my parents found out I had to kinda shut it down for awhile. They thought I was too young. Haha

I see sad tongue  drop me a message and add as friend if you want ?

Feb 26 13 04:49 pm Link

Model

Kozmina

Bakersfield, California, US

A tip on facial expressions-

Do your best at thinking of a personal moment while trying to emote the feeling you want to portray. I believe its like "method acting". A quick google search of "method acting" will explain it better than I just did.

ETA: Also do some forum searching on a handfull of topics-llama herders,TF work,paying photogs,flakes,posing,fashion model stats,GWCs

Feb 26 13 04:50 pm Link

Model

Nikki Magnusson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Welcome to MM !!..https://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/153/5f26ff42df6443939f1b7d7c4035c7dc/l.gif

Feb 26 13 05:00 pm Link

Model

Emily Komada

Kozmina wrote:
A tip on facial expressions-

Do your best at thinking of a personal moment while trying to emote the feeling you want to portray. I believe its like "method acting". A quick google search of "method acting" will explain it better than I just did.

ETA: Also do some forum searching on a handfull of topics-llama herders,TF work,paying photogs,flakes,posing,fashion model stats,GWCs

That's actually something I'm recently finding out does help when I practice facial expressions.

Another issue I've had in the past is opening my mouth in photos because I do have crooked teeth.
I've always felt that this can hold me back. Is there any suggestion that anyone can give me about this?

Feb 26 13 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

Pick another pursuit

Feb 26 13 09:23 pm Link

Model

Emily Komada

Mark wrote:
Pick another pursuit

Thanks for the tip, but no.
Modeling isn't something I want to do as my lively hood, but something fun to do on the side to boost my own self esteem.

Feb 27 13 11:36 am Link