Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > Beauty and body painting retouch

Retoucher

Laura EB

Rochester, New York, US

Spent a lot of time working on this image, would love a good critique smile

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130302/08/51322d279995b.jpg

Mar 02 13 11:37 am Link

Retoucher

Retouch007

East Newark, New Jersey, US

Great job! If this wasn't done with the photographers input you could ask him/her. They usually have some direction they would like go.

Maybe fix hair on the back of the head the ones you drew maybe blur those a tiny bit and play with opacity they look sharp and drawn.

Mar 02 13 12:04 pm Link

Retoucher

Laura EB

Rochester, New York, US

R G wrote:
Great job! If this wasn't done with the photographers input you could ask him/her. They usually have some direction they would like go.

Maybe fix hair on the back of the head the ones you drew maybe blur those a tiny bit and play with opacity they look sharp and drawn.

Actually I'm the photographer as well so I just edited it as I liked, I will touch up those hairs though thanks!

Mar 02 13 01:49 pm Link

Retoucher

Mike Needham Retouching

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

I like the image and think it is crisply done in most areas. I like the treatment of the hair crossovers and flyaways, although there is only one hair I can see that shouts out remove me!

Mar 04 13 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

Frank McDonough

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Great job. Love the detail in the black paint.

Mar 04 13 04:29 pm Link

Retoucher

not here

Providence, Rhode Island, US

Amazing. I give it a 10!

Mar 06 13 02:03 am Link

Retoucher

Laura EB

Rochester, New York, US

Mike Needham Retouching wrote:
I like the image and think it is crisply done in most areas. I like the treatment of the hair crossovers and flyaways, although there is only one hair I can see that shouts out remove me!

I'm pretty sure I see which one you're talking about, I'll have to be extra careful with flyaways in the future.

Mar 07 13 01:19 pm Link

Retoucher

Laura EB

Rochester, New York, US

ChelleyCredible wrote:
Amazing. I give it a 10!

Thank you so much!

Mar 07 13 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

Adam S Morris

New Albany, Ohio, US

Wow - that's really amazing.  Usually I like to keep more texture / pores on the face and just reduce the blotchiness, but in this case, it's more artistic, so it works.  I might dial it back on the forehead so it doesn't have as strong a make-up look.

The eye is fantastic!

Mar 18 13 02:54 pm Link

Retoucher

Macchiato

Beijing, Beijing, China

Can the original photo sent to me?
[email protected].
Or to a download address, thank you very much!

Mar 31 13 09:59 pm Link

Retoucher

Retouch007

East Newark, New Jersey, US

Sam Mirrado wrote:
Wow - that's really amazing.  Usually I like to keep more texture / pores on the face and just reduce the blotchiness, but in this case, it's more artistic, so it works.  I might dial it back on the forehead so it doesn't have as strong a make-up look.

The eye is fantastic!

I was going to say that also but I refrained but it looks like you ran a filter mostly with some d&b but it works here, i like it.

Apr 01 13 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Akili Thompson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 01 13 04:13 pm Link

Retoucher

Laura EB

Rochester, New York, US

R G wrote:

I was going to say that also but I refrained but it looks like you ran a filter mostly with some d&b but it works here, i like it.

That's so weird cause I didn't use any blur or filters, just D&B for the whole thing.  I think maybe I mighta lost a lot of the texture when I lightened her skin so much or made a color layer to even out the skin tone, or maybe I just did a little too much D&B hmm I'll try to look out for that in the future.

Apr 07 13 11:06 pm Link

Retoucher

Laura EB

Rochester, New York, US

Macchiato wrote:
Can the original photo sent to me?
[email protected].
Or to a download address, thank you very much!

Sorry but defiantly not, all the paint and photography was also done by me and it's got a reasonable amount of attention so I don't really want it on anyone else's retouching portfolio, sorry!

Apr 07 13 11:08 pm Link