Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > ladies at work talking about nude art models....

Model

-Jen-

Posts: 46839

Howell, Michigan, US

The one girl, her husband is an artist and decided to do this drawing class.

He calls her to let her know that a naked woman came into the room to pose.  He was a little shocked. *shakes head*

So, she comes walking in and tells this to the lady a few desks over.  She says "was she embarrassed?"  "Maybe she can be pimped out"

I'm like seriously?  Stupid old fart.

I said just because shes naked doesnt mean she wants anybody to fuck her.  Open your damn mind.  And shes like yikes like she couldnt believe I piped up and said something...

Sheesh. 

Closed minded people need their eyes opened.  I can only imagine what this lady would do if someone took her to The Dirty Show.  lol

Mar 22 13 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Posts: 19754

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

-Jen- wrote:
I'm like seriously?  Stupid old fart.

I believe Christopher Titus says it best in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqiGWd0-0Os

Mar 22 13 11:56 am Link

Model

Fergy

Posts: 22387

Fenton, Michigan, US

I so hate people like that.  I know a bunch of people that went to the Dirty Show and had their eyes opened.  lol  So funny!

Mar 22 13 12:22 pm Link

Model

-Nicole-

Posts: 19209

Madison, Wisconsin, US

*shakes head*

Mar 22 13 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 28008

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Nude art models are nothing new.  They have been around for a long, long time.  How do they think all that nude museum art was done?    smile

Mar 22 13 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Posts: 33593

Los Angeles, California, US

-Jen- wrote:
I can only imagine what this lady would do if someone took her to The Dirty Show.  lol

She probably doesn't know who Jon Stewart even is.


Wait, I was thinking of The Daily Show.

Never mind.

Mar 22 13 02:19 pm Link

Model

Less Than Two

Posts: 23401

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Aww. Its so cute how you hate people you don't even know for things you don't understand. *pat pat*

Mar 22 13 02:25 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36719

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I remember my mom had these art books on her shelf that I used to like looking at when I was a kid. I always wanted to be the pretty naked lady on the couch. When I was maybe 12, I asked my mom how those women got to be in the pictures. I remember her saying something along the lines of, "I think they used to paint prostitutes back then." That scared me a little, and I didn't really look at that stuff again until I was maybe 15 or 16, and had a better sense of what it meant to be "nude" in general.

Mar 22 13 02:50 pm Link

guide forum

Model

Koryn

Posts: 36719

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I remember my mom had these art books on her shelf that I used to like looking at when I was a kid. I always wanted to be the pretty naked lady on the couch. When I was maybe 12, I asked my mom how those women got to be in the pictures. I remember her saying something along the lines of, "I think they used to paint prostitutes back then." That scared me a little, and I didn't really look at that stuff again until I was maybe 15 or 16, and had a better sense of what it meant to be "nude" in general.

Mar 22 13 02:50 pm Link

Photographer

WR Photographics

Posts: 1397

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

-Jen- wrote:
The one girl, her husband is an artist and decided to do this drawing class.

He calls her to let her know that a naked woman came into the room to pose.  He was a little shocked. *shakes head*

So, she comes walking in and tells this to the lady a few desks over.  She says "was she embarrassed?"  "Maybe she can be pimped out"

I'm like seriously?  Stupid old fart.

I said just because shes naked doesnt mean she wants anybody to fuck her.  Open your damn mind.  And shes like yikes like she couldnt believe I piped up and said something...

Sheesh. 

Closed minded people need their eyes opened.  I can only imagine what this lady would do if someone took her to The Dirty Show.  lol

I can only imagine if she saw your portfolio (which is quite awesome, BTW).

Mar 22 13 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

Apodyopsis

Posts: 6087

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

kick her in the shins.

Mar 22 13 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

Skipshots

Posts: 13421

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Anybody hat poses nude is immoral, don't you know?

Edit: My t got stuck = hat should be that. I hate when that appens

Mar 22 13 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Broughton

Posts: 2244

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Skipshots wrote:
Anybody hat poses nude is immoral, don't you know?

i agree, hats that get naked for money are just filthy whores.

18+? http://www.caprishop.us/images/plush_hat_boobs.jpg

Mar 22 13 06:43 pm Link

Model

-Jen-

Posts: 46839

Howell, Michigan, US

WR Photographics wrote:

I can only imagine if she saw your portfolio (which is quite awesome, BTW).

I was so tempted to show her something but she's a big mouth and I don't want my work to know about it. She would tell everyone!

Mar 22 13 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 28008

Dearborn, Michigan, US

-Jen- wrote:

I was so tempted to show her something but she's a big mouth and I don't want my work to know about it. She would tell everyone!

Don't!

Mar 23 13 01:34 am Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Posts: 14636

Los Angeles, California, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Nude art models are nothing new.  They have been around for a long, long time.  How do they think all that nude museum art was done?    smile

I tried to explain art modeling to someone very, very close to me.

She said, "I just don't understand why a naked woman actually has to BE there."

I was like, "You know when people paint bowls of fruit, oftentimes they actually LOOK at a bowl of fruit to do so...."

Mar 23 13 01:41 am Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Posts: 38604

Portland, Oregon, US

K I C K H A M wrote:
She said, "I just don't understand why a naked woman actually has to BE there."

I was like, "You know when people paint bowls of fruit, oftentimes they actually LOOK at a bowl of fruit to do so...."

Someone told me that is even more important for photography

Mar 23 13 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 36719

Columbus, Ohio, US

Fergy wrote:
I so hate people like that.  I know a bunch of people that went to the Dirty Show and had their eyes opened.  lol  So funny!

People go to Dirty with their eyes closed? wink

Mar 23 13 10:05 am Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Posts: 9793

Santa Rosa, California, US

Skipshots wrote:
Anybody hat poses nude is immoral, don't you know?

I like hat poses nude, and applaud anyone who pauses nude while wearing a hat.

Mar 23 13 10:14 am Link

Body Painter

Monad Studios

Posts: 9793

Santa Rosa, California, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Nude art models are nothing new.  They have been around for a long, long time.  How do they think all that nude museum art was done?    smile

Actually, many "museum" artists of the past hired prostitutes as nude models.  It was difficult to find any other women who would pose nude.

Maybe this adds to present-day misconceptions?

Mar 23 13 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Posts: 11052

Sun City, California, US

Monad Studios wrote:
Actually, many "museum" artists of the past hired prostitutes as nude models.  It was difficult to find any other women who would pose nude.

Maybe this adds to present-day misconceptions?

I doubt that this was entirely the case - I'd guess a lot of the present day (In the US) misconceptions started from WW1 and the "French postcard" era.  It was through the mass consumption and availability of these images - and their models - that embedded in some people's minds that "If they pose nude - they must be a prostitute"

I'm much more partial to this story of Victorine Meurent - Her modeling - and her involvement in the French Art scene in the mid to late 1800's - a worthy story for a large documentary or a theatrical movie.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victorine_Meurent

Mar 23 13 10:44 am Link

Model

Poses

Posts: 8139

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I think people's biggest shock is when I explain that their image of a figure model is very narrow.

I know that when I went to my first figure drawing class (at age 15) I was expecting a buff college student. It was an overweight woman in her 50s or 60s. She was a great model, though!

When I tell people I used to model for art classes, I encourage them to see what an art model actually does by trying a figure drawing class for themselves. I don't think anyone actually has, but I like to think that talking about my experiences as both a model and an artist helps eliminate the "nude=sexual" idea that most people have.

Mar 23 13 11:37 am Link

Artist/Painter

sdgillis

Posts: 2444

Portland, Oregon, US

K I C K H A M wrote:
I was like, "You know when people paint bowls of fruit, oftentimes they actually LOOK at a bowl of fruit to do so...."

does this make you blush?




http://www.helpersracing.com/Images/banana_peeled.jpg

Mar 23 13 12:07 pm Link