Forums > General Industry > Model Scam" Here is my story"

Model

KrisNguyen

Corpus Christi, Texas, US

first of all, im a Bodybuilder competitor/personal trainer for 3 year . i'm also male stripper every sat night. Being run way model alway be my dream but im no tall enuf. Living in little Apt with a chihuahua dog name snowy. On jan 4 2013 i looking around craglist , i saw this guy have his own website casting model. i email him, we talking by email. he will fly me out  to do photo shoot in Sounth American. I trust him. so feb 5 i recive a check "6000 dollars". i have to cash out and send to these adress. 2 hours after i sent the money. i notice the check is bounce and my friend telll me that i got a scam. so i call wester union to cancle everything. before the real money got into thier hand. it was  "Chaos". Just be safe out there. God bless!!

Mar 23 13 01:53 am Link

Model

K I C K H A M

Los Angeles, California, US

This is a classic scam. Please read up on things you can do to avoid this sort of thing in the future! But no one ever sends money before you do work in this industry. Heck, sometimes I have to wait 3 months to be paid for agency work!

Check out this link:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/education/us … the-basics

I'm glad you got the Western Unions cancelled in time! You are luckier than many. smile

Mar 23 13 02:00 am Link

Photographer

Designit - Edward Olson

Eureka, California, US

K I C K H A M wrote:
I'm glad you got the Western Unions cancelled in time! You are luckier than many. smile

+6000.

Literally.

Mar 23 13 02:02 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Anh hoang wrote:
first of all, im a Bodybuilder competitor/personal trainer for 3 year . i'm also male stripper every sat night. Being run way model alway be my dream but im no tall enuf. Living in little Apt with a chihuahua dog name snowy. On jan 4 2013 i looking around craglist , i saw this guy have his own website casting model. i email him, we talking by email. he will fly me out  to do photo shoot in Sounth American. I trust him. so feb 5 i recive a check "6000 dollars". i have to cash out and send to these adress. 2 hours after i sent the money. i notice the check is bounce and my friend telll me that i got a scam. so i call wester union to cancle everything. before the real money got into thier hand. it was  "Chaos". Just be safe out there. God bless!!

Why would you accept FUNDS..before the job was finished? Who does this? At Mr. Olympia Contest..Does Joe Weider hand out money...before the Bodybuilding Contest?  NO!!!

Mar 23 13 07:55 am Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Anh hoang wrote:

....and Paul...Living in LA...I have been to plenty of Runway Shows...and not once...have I ever seen a 5'7 Model..Male or Female!!! lol

Mar 23 13 07:55 am Link

Model

KrisNguyen

Corpus Christi, Texas, US

K I C K H A M wrote:
This is a classic scam. Please read up on things you can do to avoid this sort of thing in the future! But no one ever sends money before you do work in this industry. Heck, sometimes I have to wait 3 months to be paid for agency work!

Check out this link:
http://www.modelmayhem.com/education/us … the-basics

Yah! first time for everything. Everone fall in life,, but the thing is how you deal with it, get up and learn from it:) :p

Mar 23 13 07:07 pm Link

Model

K I C K H A M

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

....and Paul...Living in LA...I have been to plenty of Runway Shows...and not once...have I ever seen a 5'7 Model..Male or Female!!! lol

I know two 5'7 models that are in almost every LAFW. tongue But you don't KNOW they are 5'7. Oh, and they are chicks, too. So, that makes a difference.

Mar 24 13 08:16 am Link