Images by MR

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130325/00/514ffdcd63885_m.jpg

Thanks ~ MR

Mar 25 13 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Square Jaw Photography

Joshua Tree, California, US

I personally find it "meh." Just personal preference. Sorry to sound harsh. Reason being, I don't find it personable enough. She's facing more to the right than I would like (personal preference.) Here feet are also cut off. I like the depth-of-field, but I would like to get closer to her (again, personal preference.)

Mar 25 13 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Mark

New York, New York, US

Not bad, but a shame it's over exposed.  I question including so much of the "step" on lower right of the pic.

Mar 25 13 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Square Jaw Photography wrote:
I personally find it "meh." Just personal preference. Sorry to sound harsh. Reason being, I don't find it personable enough. She's facing more to the right than I would like (personal preference.) Here feet are also cut off. I like the depth-of-field, but I would like to get closer to her (again, personal preference.)

Shes in a grace yard smelling a flower.

Thanks ~ MR

Mar 25 13 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Mark wrote:
Not bad, but a shame it's over exposed.  I question including so much of the "step" on lower right of the pic.

The original wasn't over exposed.  The photo has a soft light effect applied in post.. maybe I went to bright?

Thanks ~ MR

Mar 25 13 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Personally I don't like it.
The framing, angle and crop are all poorly chosen. It has the feel of someone who has only just begun to understand a little about composition, but still managing to get it wrong. The contrasting visual themes do nothing but dig the hole even deeper... Not to mention the feet (what feet)
Those gravestones are beyond a simple subliminal suggestion and far more like a metaphorical train wreck.
Just look at how distracting the row of stones running through her head are.
And last but not least the treatment is shocking, atrocious and amateur at best. I'd go as far as to say its the last nail in the coffin smile

Overall I'd give it a 3/10, but only because there's a well dressed pretty lady in its content.

Sorry, but for what it's worth, that's my honest opinion.

Mar 26 13 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Shy L

Burlington, Vermont, US

Focus is a little off, and it would have been better to change your position or focal length a little to get that headstone (?) out of the corner.  I'm not a super big fan of that processing with the bright/cheery colors of the dress & flowers [on this note I think you've got some color/tonal harmony issues here] but otherwise it looks well applied.  The blown spots need some attention, though.  I would do a test print 8x12 to see how the processing translates.

Mar 26 13 09:44 am Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Rik Williams wrote:

Personally I don't like it.
The framing, angle and crop are all poorly chosen. It has the feel of someone who has only just begun to understand a little about composition, but still managing to get it wrong. The contrasting visual themes do nothing but dig the hole even deeper... Not to mention the feet (what feet)
Those gravestones are beyond a simple subliminal suggestion and far more like a metaphorical train wreck.
Just look at how distracting the row of stones running through her head are.
And last but not least the treatment is shocking, atrocious and amateur at best. I'd go as far as to say its the last nail in the coffin smile

Overall I'd give it a 3/10, but only because there's a well dressed pretty lady in its content.

Sorry, but for what it's worth, that's my honest opinion.

Thanks ~ MR

Mar 26 13 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Shy L wrote:
Focus is a little off, and it would have been better to change your position or focal length a little to get that headstone (?) out of the corner.  I'm not a super big fan of that processing with the bright/cheery colors of the dress & flowers [on this note I think you've got some color/tonal harmony issues here] but otherwise it looks well applied.  The blown spots need some attention, though.  I would do a test print 8x12 to see how the processing translates.

Thanks ~ MR

Mar 26 13 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

Kezins Photography

Beckley, West Virginia, US

Images by MR wrote:

The original wasn't over exposed.  The photo has a soft light effect applied in post.. maybe I went to bright?

Thanks ~ MR

I think it's a tad too bright myself, but it's not a bad photo..more of something that could be used as a stock photo in my opinion.

Mar 26 13 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Images by MR wrote:

Thanks ~ MR

Will Snizek wrote:
I think it's a tad too bright myself, but it's not a bad photo..more of something that could be used as a stock photo in my opinion.

Thanks ~ MR

Mar 29 13 12:48 pm Link

Artist/Painter

MainePaintah

Saco, Maine, US

Good idea; cute girl smelling flowers.

Bad execution; At first I thought those were beehives in the background with her smelling a flower in the foreground, and I expected bees in the flowers when I blew up the thumbnail.

When I realized that it was a cemetery, I wondered where the headstone were and why the one at her feet couldn't be placed somewhere else in the photo instead of chopping off her feet.

I do like the high key lighting, it just doesn't fit in a "graveyard theme" in my opinion.

Mar 29 13 01:00 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

MainePaintah wrote:
Good idea; cute girl smelling flowers.

Bad execution; At first I thought those were beehives in the background with her smelling a flower in the foreground, and I expected bees in the flowers when I blew up the thumbnail.

When I realized that it was a cemetery, I wondered where the headstone were and why the one at her feet couldn't be placed somewhere else in the photo instead of chopping off her feet.

I do like the high key lighting, it just doesn't fit in a "graveyard theme" in my opinion.

Thanks ~ MR

Mar 31 13 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Joey B Photography

Syracuse, New York, US

I'll be honest, my first thought was, "Why is a girl smelling flowers in a cemetary?" The lightness completely contrasts with the setting.

A pretty girl smelling flowers in a graveyard might spark some inspiration to a new Stephen King novel, though. You should email him this picture and say, "What happens next?" wink

Mar 31 13 07:38 pm Link

Photographer

Grayscale Photo

Columbus, Ohio, US

I'm in the "meh" category as well.

It's perilously close to an upskirt shot, which I'm sure you weren't intending, but that causes competition for the viewer's attention.

The background is purposely out of focus by the limited DOF, but it's still busy with  blah gray and brown colored objects.  If the photo was composed completely within the graveyard field of grass and flowers it would have been stronger.

Intentional or not, it appears overexposed.

The large gravestone in the foreground competes for attention.

There are only yellow flowers growing nearby, yet the model is smelling a mixture of flower colors in a glass(?) vase.  It would have been a stronger image if she was smelling flowers she picked at the site.

Those are my impressions.

Mar 31 13 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Images by MR

Thanks everyone for the feedback ~ MR

Mar 31 13 08:16 pm Link