Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Air drying hair?

Model

Jacquelyn Marie

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I've found that since I've been letting my hair air dry it feels much more healthier. Do any of you do this/do you think it makes a difference?

Mar 26 13 10:57 am Link

Makeup Artist

Aaliyah I

Stevenage, England, United Kingdom

The less heat the better smile I blow dry once a month maximum these days because I want to protect my hair as much as possible.

Mar 26 13 11:39 am Link

Model

Jacquelyn Marie

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Aaliyah I wrote:
The less heat the better smile I blow dry once a month maximum these days because I want to protect my hair as much as possible.

Yea thats the way to go!

Mar 26 13 11:49 am Link

Model

Jeri Lynn Astra

New York, New York, US

I have really fine hair that dries really fast, so I've almost always air dried.

The only downside for me is that if I need volume, I then have to use hot rollers, which kind of offsets any benefit from not using the blow dryer. On the other hand, I don't need volume on a day to day basis.

Apr 08 13 08:03 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

100% better.  R-

Apr 15 13 06:57 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ThirdEyeMakeup

Los Angeles, California, US

I find that when i air dry completely, my hair is flatter. So I do a couple of minutes of blowdrying on the warm setting and dry about 50%, letting the rest of the hair air dry. I've heard that if the blowdryer is too hot for your hand, then it's hot enough to damage your hair.

Apr 15 13 07:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Denise

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

I air dry my hair almost all the time. My hair is long, thick, coarse and wavy, and extremely healthy. I also rarely use hot tools and use just a little curl cream/detangler after washing it, which I do usually only 3 times a week.

Apr 15 13 11:23 pm Link

Model

Mares

Maitland, New South Wales, Australia

My hair takes days to air dry, even if its been brushed and left out (and you're not supposed to brush your hair when its wet anyway). Say I'll wash it on a Monday morning or will still only be half dry by midday Tuesday.

Apr 15 13 11:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Cynna Stylz MUA

New York, New York, US

My hair grew much longer when I didn't blow dry. Then I got a crazy busy retail job and was blowing my hair every week. When I wasn't blow drying I was using flat/steam irons. I just cut my hair to chin length because once your hair is damaged you spend more money trying to repair years of abuse.

Apr 16 13 05:43 am Link