Forums > Critique > Would I work with you as a Model/Photographer?

Photographer

Erlinda

London, England, United Kingdom

Images by Jim Robbins wrote:
Is it too late to jump in the pool..? :-)

Your work is pretty bad... Makes me think of a very old man coming up with concepts that would of been seen as cool if we were still living in the 80's/90's.

It's like you are clueless when it comes to how to photograph models. Bad lighting/weird angles, shit concepts...

Big NO. I wouldn't work with you.

Mar 28 13 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Dan Brady wrote:

be brutal.

YICKS! Over retouched photos..... The models don't even look human, they look like mannequins. Easy up on the retouching as well as the over the top make-up. Photography is good, concepts need to be improved a little more.

Yes, I would shoot with you but I'd want a more simplified concept with light/clean make-up smile

Mar 28 13 12:18 pm Link

Model

Angela Christine H

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

I'd love to know. Your work is amazing smile

Mar 28 13 12:19 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

JIOPIX wrote:
Would you ?

You know model mayhem "picture of the day" contest is shit when people like you win...

OMG what is this? It's been blurred to death!
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120710/19/4ffcdf865f35f_m.jpg

Horrific concepts... I mean, do you really think that avi looks good? Honestly, you thought purple leopard tights/bar and mask would look good on a model? You don't think it's a bit TOO much? You have NO idea what looks good! It's just pure tacky. All it makes me think of is white trash.

I'm offended you would even ask if I'd work with you... IIICK, Hell NO!

Mar 28 13 12:24 pm Link

Model

Angie Borras

Kissimmee, Florida, US

Can you answer for both my faux model account

Mar 28 13 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Mary Zdo wrote:
Would you?

I wouldn't. Not my cup of tea. Pretty girl but not what I look for. Your nose is big, lips are too thin.

Pretty but it's not enough.

Mar 28 13 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

bw fotograf wrote:
i'd pay to shadow you for a day as you have an outstanding body of work. just let me snap one portrait of you at the end of the day, please? smile

You're photos are okay... Some I would recommend you delete (brings your work down) and it's whats causing me to not want to shoot with you.

I'd let you assist me and have you take a portrait of me at the end of the day. If I like... I'd let you shoot me wink

Mar 28 13 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Kade Massey wrote:
Go for it, i'm always down for creative shoots smile

You look like a bad boy. Someone girls should run away from cause though you might be a lot of fun you'll break their hearts.

You are cute but not my cup of tea. I'd have to say no to working with you.

Mar 28 13 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

DP

Mar 28 13 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Herman van Gestel wrote:
naaaah wink...*just kidding*

H.

I'm glad you're kidding cause I was about to cry. Lovely work and I'd work with you as a model and assist you when you are shooting.

Great stuff dude! xox smile

Mar 28 13 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Christine Ford wrote:
I'd love to know. Your work is amazing smile

Great personalty... I read your bio and made me giggle. Great look, your eyes, lips and shape of face reminds me a lot like myself when I was younger.

Yes, I would work with my twin wink

Mar 28 13 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Angie Borras wrote:
Can you answer for both my faux model account

Mar 28 13 12:48 pm Link

Model

Angela Christine H

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Erlinda wrote:

Great personalty... I read your bio and made me giggle. Great look, your eyes, lips and shape of face reminds me a lot like myself when I was younger.

Yes, I would work with my twin wink

Now that you mention it we do look similar smile I'm just happy I made the cut. I do find your brutal honesty amusing.

Mar 28 13 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Erlinda wrote:

Too much photoshop on your work... They are other over saturated or too much contrast. Also some of your photos are blurry. You have some lovely models in your port but your concepts/angles makes are not flattering for them at all...

You don't know what looks good.

No, I wouldn't work with you.

Strange, all the publications I shoot for seem to think I do  .  .  .  wink  Most of what's posted in my port are all just quick edit comps to show potential direction for final edits  .  .  .  I let the PSG guys do the final work  .  .  .  guess we won't be shootin' then  .  .  .  wink  Oh well, thanks for the look, and the opine anyway  .  .  .  much continued success in whichever direction you pursue  .  .  . 

SOS

Mar 28 13 12:58 pm Link

Model

Rowen Bellamy

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I thought I'd posted here but maybe not? Anyways, let me know what you think.

Mar 28 13 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

SamLIVM

New York, New York, US

Rowen Bellamy wrote:

sure

Mar 28 13 03:13 pm Link

Model

Mary Zdo

San Ramon, California, US

Erlinda wrote:
I wouldn't. Not my cup of tea. Pretty girl but not what I look for. Your nose is big, lips are too thin.

Pretty but it's not enough.

Exactly the response I expected as it seems you have a definite type that you like to shoot. Small nose, full lips, and generally doll-like features. I like to draw that same exact type of person so that makes sense to me.

Out of curiosity, what would be enough aside from having that ideal look? Like if a model had an extremely strong portfolio that showed amazing modeling abilities but let's say, eyes that were too close together and a big nose or any combination of features that don't fall under that ideal, would you still consider shooting her or would you feel that her look would undermine your artistic vision? Just wondering.

Mar 28 13 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Rowen Bellamy wrote:

This photo makes me want to work with you. Love the smile!
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32122603

Personally you aren't the type of model I would go for mainly because of the tattoo. I'd shoot beauty with you because I really like your face, even though your nose is a little big (I'd work with it)

So yes, I'd work with you. smile

Mar 28 13 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

V O N R O E wrote:

sure

I'd work with you. I like how your photos look old and grainy but sometimes it's a little too much and takes away from the photo. Are you using a film camera?

Mar 28 13 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Erlinda wrote:
I'd work with you. I like how your photos look old and grainy but sometimes it's a little too much and takes away from the photo. Are you using a film camera?

I'd work with some llamas even though their looks aren't what I look for, if their portfolio is wicked. Yours is lacking, you have many photos that shouldn't be in your portfolio. Also by looking at your book it doesn't give me an idea what kind of llamaling you want to do.

This photo doesn't do anything good for you
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130303/13/5133ba3756b92_m.jpg
Nor this one, You look tired and annoyed that someone is taking your picture
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130321/14/514b77053e7f0_m.jpg
Here you look like your thinking "take the damn picture already"
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130303/13/5133bb7dc341f_m.jpg
Here your pose is weird
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130303/13/5133b9f021532_m.jpg

etc etc

If your book was very good and I thought WOW this girl can llama... I wouldn't care if you had a third eye, I'd shoot you. But your book is meh hmm

Mar 28 13 04:22 pm Link

Model

Ashayla Webster

Perth, Western Australia, Australia

Would you work with me?

Mar 28 13 06:45 pm Link

Model

Migdalia B

Kaysville, Utah, US

Erlinda wrote:

You have a lovely face but most of your work in your portfolio makes it very hard to like it because they are sooooo overly retouched. Nothing looks realistic. It's creepy makes me wonder why on earth a photographer would go nuts like that.

You really need to focus on working with better photographers.

I'd work with you only for a beauty shoot. I like the face smile

Thank you for your good advice. I have been frustrated with some photographers who enjoy over processing because it can give the impression that i have imperfect skin - which is far from the case. I'm glad beauty would be your top choice with me,  because that's what i want to focus on smile have a good day beautiful one smile

Mar 28 13 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Jason Haven

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Boom!

Though, I already shut my model profile down. I'll just assume you'd totally shoot me, because I'm totally beautiful.

Mar 28 13 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

bw fotograf

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

bw fotograf wrote:
i'd pay to shadow you for a day as you have an outstanding body of work. just let me snap one portrait of you at the end of the day, please? smile

Erlinda wrote:
You're photos are okay... Some I would recommend you delete (brings your work down) and it's whats causing me to not want to shoot with you.

I'd let you assist me and have you take a portrait of me at the end of the day. If I like... I'd let you shoot me wink

i can live with that! wink and thanks for the kick in the ass to start cleaning out my port. got another shoot this weekend that should help to purge even more.

Mar 28 13 08:50 pm Link

Model

Kyle Kanuha

KAILUA KONA, Hawaii, US

I'd appreciate your opinion on my port, cause I know I'd be pumped to work with you some time!

Mar 28 13 09:06 pm Link

Model

Mary Zdo

San Ramon, California, US

Erlinda wrote:
I'd work with some models even though their looks aren't what I look for, if their portfolio is wicked. Yours is lacking, you have many photos that shouldn't be in your portfolio. Also by looking at your book it doesn't give me an idea what kind of modelling you want to do

If your book was very good and I thought WOW this girl can model... I wouldn't care if you had a third eye, I'd shoot you. But your book is meh hmm

Thanks for the feedback. That's actually what I've been getting a lot - my portfolio doesn't really show what kind of modeling I want to do, but I'm not quite sure of how to achieve any type of consistency with the photos I have so far. I've only been modeling for a month and a half so I don't think I've quite figured out exactly what direction I want to go in so my portfolio is all over the place. I think I'd like to mostly focus on fashion but I'm not even sure if I have the proper look for it.

On top of all that I still haven't mastered the art of modeling perfectly so the photos I have so far are just okay rather than excellent with complete synergy among every element of the photo.

I've noticed that some models can have only 5 photos in their portfolio and still show off their modeling abilities and look. I still need to figure out how to create and choose photos that do that for me. It's definitely time to do some spring cleaning for my portfolio, hopefully that'll make it less meh.

Mar 28 13 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Darin B

San Diego, California, US

Me please! Thank you!
D

Mar 28 13 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

Ko_Photography

Rohnert Park, California, US

I'll Play along in this game and give it a shot.  Here is one of my most recent shoots https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130329/00/515545bdd810a_m.jpg

Mar 29 13 01:26 am Link

Model

Babalon Salome

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

I'm thinking probably not but I am still curious...

Mar 29 13 01:52 am Link

Photographer

PMonkau Photography

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

curious

Mar 29 13 02:49 am Link

Photographer

Herman van Gestel

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Erlinda wrote:
I'm glad you're kidding cause I was about to cry. Lovely work and I'd work with you as a model and assist you when you are shooting.

Great stuff dude! xox smile

wow...and vice versa smile...for the assisting part then wink...

you're more than welcome smile, would be a pleasure!

Mar 29 13 03:29 am Link

Photographer

Amul La La

I'll take some perspective !

Mar 29 13 04:09 am Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

I have admired both your photography and modeling work for a while now and would love to know what you think, though my MM page really only shows my glamour work.

I appreciate you taking the time to look...

Mar 29 13 03:27 pm Link

Model

Loria Harrison

Mount Pleasant, Pennsylvania, US

please read my profile first.
thanks,
Loria

Mar 29 13 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Ashayla Webster wrote:
Would you work with me?

You are very short and your portfolio is all over the place. There really isn't a flow to your work at all...

No, I wouldn't work with you.

Mar 31 13 04:56 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

ASYLUM - Photo wrote:
Boom!

Though, I already shut my model profile down. I'll just assume you'd totally shoot me, because I'm totally beautiful.

I'd have to been a different weird kind of mood to work with you. So you will be the first to get a maybe tongue

Mar 31 13 04:59 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Kyle Kanuha wrote:
I'd appreciate your opinion on my port, cause I know I'd be pumped to work with you some time!

You're 6'8? yikes CRAZY!

Your port doesn't do anything for me, but I do like your look, feel like I could get something out of you.

You need to work with photographers that know how to photograph guys. That have a little more skill then just having a camera in their hand. Need more of a vision.

Yes, I'd work with you.

Mar 31 13 05:01 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Darin B wrote:
Me please! Thank you!
D

Ummmm Yeah, I'd work with you as a model and a photographer. You have a very nice look, scruffy and all.

smile

Mar 31 13 05:03 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Ko_Photography wrote:
I'll Play along in this game and give it a shot.  Here is one of my most recent shoots https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130329/00/515545bdd810a_m.jpg

The head shot of the girl and the guy are good and would make me say yes... But all the other photos in your portfolio makes me say no. The retouching and contrast on those photos are so badly done.

I'd have to pass for now. Keep at it.

Mar 31 13 05:05 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Babalon Salome wrote:
I'm thinking probably not but I am still curious...

Your figure is lovely and your portfolio is good but your expression in your photos are very similar.

I'd work with you because I feel like we could make some magic together. Love your look! smile

Mar 31 13 05:07 am Link