Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Nikon d7000 video processing.

Photographer

Hairflicksmodelphotog

Huddersfield, England, United Kingdom

I figure this may go here,dont see a video topic ,probably as its a photo forum lol
Anyway anyone with video knowledge help me out with a noob query?
My first attempt at uploading video to YouTube and its got "Letterbox" effect,I use Power director to edit and process etc.
I will give more details if required by replies.

Apr 01 13 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Hairflicksmodelphotog wrote:
I figure this may go here,dont see a video topic ,probably as its a photo forum lol
My first attempt at uploading video to YouTube and its got "Letterbox" effect,I use Power director to edit and process etc.

ok.... First detail we need:

What is your question?

Apr 01 13 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Designit - Edward Olson

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Hairflicksmodelphotog wrote:

rfordphotos wrote:
ok.... First detail we need:

What is your question?

Don't be purposely obtuse.

The question is "Anyone...help me out...?"
They state the problem is unintentional letterboxing. They state the software that they use. They then state that they can provide additional details if required.

Help them out, or STFU.

OP, here is a video tutorial about how to ADD letterboxing in PowerDirector. Since you seem to be doing it unintentionally, check these steps to not have it happen. I expect it is because you are setting the output to an aspect ratio that is different from the original source video.

Apr 06 13 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Andialu

San Pedro, California, US

Designit - Edward Olson wrote:
Don't be purposely obtuse.

The question is "Anyone...help me out...?"
They state the problem is unintentional letterboxing. They state the software that they use. They then state that they can provide additional details if required.

Help them out, or STFU.

OP, here is a video tutorial about how to ADD letterboxing in PowerDirector. Since you seem to be doing it unintentionally, check these steps to not have it happen. I expect it is because you are setting the output to an aspect ratio that is different from the original source video.

Someone having a bad day? lol

Apr 06 13 11:25 am Link