Forums > Critique > Fun and Games > The Sweet/Tart Critique

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

EDIT: Okay, I'm coming back to this thread but may take awhile to get to you.

Post here and I will critique your work. First let me know if you would like the critique to be SWEET or TART. Also, please choose what you would like critiqued from the following (*only 1*):

1. Overall Port
2. Best/Worst
3. Avatar
4. Profile (Written section of your portfolio)
5. Analysis of 1 Image of your Choice
6. Would I Work With You?
7. Ask me a Specific Question

Apr 07 13 09:42 am Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Posts: 3377

Tempe, Arizona, US

Let's try 3.  :-)

Apr 07 13 11:36 am Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

EdwardKristopher wrote:
Let's try 3.  :-)

Sweet or Tart?

Apr 07 13 11:46 am Link

Model

Sibby S

Posts: 178

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

sweet, 1 please smile

Apr 07 13 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

sybarite photography

Posts: 140

Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands

Would like to hear both, sweet and Tart, so number 2

Apr 08 13 02:51 am Link

Model

Affinity Finch

Posts: 652

Bodmin, England, United Kingdom

Sweet and 1 Please x

Apr 08 13 06:14 am Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Posts: 12466

Newark, New Jersey, US

sweet #1 smile

Apr 08 13 06:34 am Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

EdwardKristopher wrote:
Let's try 3.  :-)

This will be on the tart-side.

Okay, I'm not sure this is the best avatar to use- First of all, it's horizontal so makes it really small in the view window and hard to make out the details. As for the image itself, I like the color scheme and background, and think the model is lovely- love her outfit! She has really nice legs. But looks like the model's skin is retouched quite a bit. The pose is decent, but you're covering the 1 shoe and 1 arm. And I don't think the angle is the best (legs and shoe look larger). Also dislike where the heel is cropped off on the lower right side of the image.

Apr 08 13 01:17 pm Link

Model

Mary Zdo

Posts: 176

San Ramon, California, US

#1 please. Could I ask for sweet tarts or is that against the rules?

Apr 08 13 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Rhezus_Passion

Posts: 1

Athens, Attikí, Greece

smile

Apr 08 13 02:52 pm Link

Photographer

Catchlight Portraits

Posts: 294

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Could I please have a number 2... sweet on the best, and tart on the worst?

Apr 08 13 04:03 pm Link

Model

Hell kat

Posts: 1005

Warrington, England, United Kingdom

sweet 2 please smile

Apr 08 13 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

EdwardKristopher

Posts: 3377

Tempe, Arizona, US

winking_wonder wrote:

This will be on the tart-side.

Okay, I'm not sure this is the best avatar to use- First of all, it's horizontal so makes it really small in the view window and hard to make out the details. As for the image itself, I like the color scheme and background, and think the model is lovely- love her outfit! She has really nice legs. But looks like the model's skin is retouched quite a bit. The pose is decent, but you're covering the 1 shoe and 1 arm. And I don't think the angle is the best (legs and shoe look larger). Also dislike where the heel is cropped off on the lower right side of the image.

Sounds like a plan!  :-)

Apr 08 13 04:48 pm Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Sibby S wrote:
sweet, 1 please smile

You've got a nice portfolio with some different styles and a nice mix of head shots and full length images. I'll start with your avatar- Nice styling and love the colorful makeup, but expression is lacking a little- a bit blank. I would choose between these for your avatar:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130303/05/51334cae7dbae_m.jpg
Nice hair, wardrobe, bit of sex appeal...

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120626/05/4fe9a4a5cb21e_m.jpg
Love the outfit and your pose. Great background as well.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130220/07/5124eb5383297_m.jpg
Gorgeous - Love the hair style, beautiful silver piece in your hair, lovely makeup, and nice expression.

I also like:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121217/23/50d01f8221650_m.jpg
You look amazing- your body and positioning is very sexy.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121217/23/50d01c64e889b_m.jpg
Like the wind in your hair style, that red dress on you and the red scarf billowing behind you.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121217/23/50d01d01daa7a_m.jpg
Nice smoldering makeup, movement in your hair and wardrobe.

What I'm not loving:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130310/05/513c7eed12869_m.jpg
The pose is weak- you're just standing there, not really digging the outfit and your expression is not great.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120626/05/4fe9a505d072d_m.jpg
Nice dress but the pose makes you look very short and doesn't show off your lovely figure.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130226/00/512c78dece3d2_m.jpg
I like the lingerie and you have a great figure, but the posing is a little much and your expression makes you look uncomfortable.

Apr 08 13 05:55 pm Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

sybarite photography wrote:
Would like to hear both, sweet and Tart, so number 2

Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110120/08/4d38607c4181e_m.jpg
I pretty much love every image in this series. Gorgeous dress, nice suit on the groom and lovely location. The couple look genuinely happy together- natural poses and expressions. Really nice clear captures - great detail and color. Simply beautiful!

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130406/13/516084b2d2586_m.jpg
This is just not my style. I'm disliking the makeup, expressions, the snakes and other creatures. And it's dark - not a fan of black backgrounds, and the lighting is not great.

Apr 08 13 07:11 pm Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Jade Honey wrote:
Sweet and 1 Please x

You have a very unique look and interesting/dark/weird concepts in your port. You have picked a good avatar (even though I don't love the makeup, that white dress looks great on you and you have a very emotive expression going on).

I also like:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130103/10/50e5ceee89813_m.jpg
Your posing is great here and that dress shows off your figure well. I also like the red color of your hair and the way it is styled. Interesting/cool background and nice expression too.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121127/12/50b51e9f19e98_m.jpg
Nice posing though expressions could be better.

What I'm not so fond of..
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/121026/11/508ad68069cc7_m.jpg
The makeup is a bit too much, as are the flowers in your hair. But I do like the color and curl in your hair.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130104/12/50e737d6cab69_m.jpg
The coloring is off, and you look bored. Pose is decent though.

And some of your concepts are a bit creepy for me tastes, but definitely shows that you can become a character and portray it well for the camera.

Apr 09 13 08:11 am Link

Model

Cole Morrison

Posts: 3958

Portland, Oregon, US

2

Apr 09 13 05:41 pm Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:
sweet #1 smile

You've got some great shots and poses, though I'm not sure your avatar best displays that. What I like:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/091005/17/4aca8b9e837b5_m.jpg
Beautiful- I love that this head shot shows a softer side of you. Pretty makeup, jewelry and I also like the style and color of your hair.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/101121/17/4ce9c40500c6c_m.jpg
Hot outfit, great pose, cool lighting and location.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130110/19/50ef8065d9f00_m.jpg
This really shows off your beautiful features. Nice expression and outfit looks good on you.

What I'm not so fond of:
The smoking shots or the darker images. Also this one:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130109/10/50edb15a0cb80_m.jpg
I don't like the black/white tones or harsh lighting. Plus your your hair is covering your face, and your expression looks mad/uncomfortable.

Apr 10 13 08:28 am Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Mary Zdo wrote:
#1 please. Could I ask for sweet tarts or is that against the rules?

You've got a lovely, sweet look. I like your avatar- Pretty color scheme, nice lighting, love your outfit and genuine expression. Also like:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130403/23/515d20c04ed73_m.jpg
Great styling - Love that skirt with the black top but might lose the green jacket. Nice pose and cool background. Though expression could be better- looks like you're squinting.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130311/15/513e5d7135a47_m.jpg
You look amazing here- Love that dress on you and it shows of your great figure. Nice job posing and that bit of movement in your hair.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130303/13/5133ba3756b92_m.jpg
Super cute and what a great outfit- Black lace top paired with the blue skirt really adds a pop of color. And very fun pose as well as great expression.

These are okay, but could be better:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130321/14/514b772bad51b_m.jpg
This is just okay. I love the bikini on you and your hair/facial features, but the pose is awkward and expression could be improved.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130303/13/5133b9f021532_m.jpg
Looks like you're just standing there- arms are awkward and I don't like the black/white.. Think it should've stayed color. Your expression, though is pretty good- emotive.

I would get rid of:
2nd row and
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130321/14/514b77053e7f0_m.jpg
The outfit is not doing it for me and the pose kind of looks like you're slouching. Also, expression is not good.

I love your poses and wardrobe choices, but you need to work on expressions.

Apr 10 13 08:52 am Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Rhezus_Passion wrote:
smile

What would you like me to critique? And sweet or tart?

Apr 10 13 09:13 am Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Posts: 12466

Newark, New Jersey, US

winking_wonder wrote:

You've got some great shots and poses, though I'm not sure your avatar best displays that. What I like:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/091005/17/4aca8b9e837b5_m.jpg
Beautiful- I love that this head shot shows a softer side of you. Pretty makeup, jewelry and I also like the style and color of your hair.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/101121/17/4ce9c40500c6c_m.jpg
Hot outfit, great pose, cool lighting and location.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130110/19/50ef8065d9f00_m.jpg
This really shows off your beautiful features. Nice expression and outfit looks good on you.

What I'm not so fond of:
The smoking shots or the darker images. Also this one:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130109/10/50edb15a0cb80_m.jpg
I don't like the black/white tones or harsh lighting. Plus your your hair is covering your face, and your expression looks mad/uncomfortable.

Thanks hun but I love my darker shots tongue I am not a much of a girly girl and I think those shots reflect that smile

Apr 10 13 09:14 am Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Catchlight Portraits wrote:
Could I please have a number 2... sweet on the best, and tart on the worst?

Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/120314/13/4f60f9ea2c33e_m.jpg
Really nice black and white tones, great composition and I love the mesh material covering part of the model's body. Nice hair in the movement look and decent expression.

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110519/14/4dd5863d1423c_m.jpg
This image is just a bad/unflattering angle for the model-- can see up her nose, and the pose of the hand is awkward. Also can't really make out how the model looks that well, and expression is not so good. Plus the background is too blurred for me.

Apr 10 13 09:18 am Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Cynthia Serrano  wrote:

Thanks hun but I love my darker shots tongue I am not a much of a girly girl and I think those shots reflect that smile

Of course! And you do them well; they're just not my style.

Apr 10 13 09:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

ImageBeautique

Posts: 169

London, England, United Kingdom

hello! smile

Number 1 please..

sweet or tart - whatever you think is needed!

Apr 10 13 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Catchlight Portraits

Posts: 294

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

winking_wonder wrote:
Best: ...Really nice black and white tones...
Worst: ...This image is just a bad/unflattering angle for the model...

Thank you for your time and comments!

Apr 10 13 10:51 am Link

Model

Cynthia Serrano

Posts: 12466

Newark, New Jersey, US

winking_wonder wrote:

Of course! And you do them well; they're just not my style.

borat Thanks again big_smile

Apr 10 13 11:33 am Link

Model

Mary Zdo

Posts: 176

San Ramon, California, US

winking_wonder wrote:
You've got a lovely, sweet look. I like your avatar- Pretty color scheme, nice lighting, love your outfit and genuine expression. Also like:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130403/23/515d20c04ed73_m.jpg
Great styling - Love that skirt with the black top but might lose the green jacket. Nice pose and cool background. Though expression could be better- looks like you're squinting.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130311/15/513e5d7135a47_m.jpg
You look amazing here- Love that dress on you and it shows of your great figure. Nice job posing and that bit of movement in your hair.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130303/13/5133ba3756b92_m.jpg
Super cute and what a great outfit- Black lace top paired with the blue skirt really adds a pop of color. And very fun pose as well as great expression.

These are okay, but could be better:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130321/14/514b772bad51b_m.jpg
This is just okay. I love the bikini on you and your hair/facial features, but the pose is awkward and expression could be improved.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130303/13/5133b9f021532_m.jpg
Looks like you're just standing there- arms are awkward and I don't like the black/white.. Think it should've stayed color. Your expression, though is pretty good- emotive.

I would get rid of:
2nd row and
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130321/14/514b77053e7f0_m.jpg
The outfit is not doing it for me and the pose kind of looks like you're slouching. Also, expression is not good.

I love your poses and wardrobe choices, but you need to work on expressions.

Thank you very much! (:
I replaced two photos from the 2nd row with similar ones that I think are much better. Also deleted the b&w photo that you said is just okay since the general consensus is that my arms are awkward, and deleted the squinty slouchy one too. Hopefully my port looks better now.

I agree, I do need to work on expressions more! I have some new photos coming soon where hopefully my expressions will be better and more engaging and whatnot.

Apr 10 13 04:26 pm Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Mary Zdo wrote:

Thank you very much! (:
I replaced two photos from the 2nd row with similar ones that I think are much better. Also deleted the b&w photo that you said is just okay since the general consensus is that my arms are awkward, and deleted the squinty slouchy one too. Hopefully my port looks better now.

I agree, I do need to work on expressions more! I have some new photos coming soon where hopefully my expressions will be better and more engaging and whatnot.

Awesome! And I know that expressions can be tough- I actually need to work on that as well.

Apr 11 13 11:45 am Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Hell kat wrote:
sweet 2 please smile

Best:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/101020/13/4cbf556e105b3_m.jpg
You've got a great outfit on that shows of your lovely figure and those shoes look great on too. I like the pose - Looks like a natural pose, though placement of arms could be better. Also think the background is cool/interesting and I like the colors. Expression is decent too.

Worst:
http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130331/09/515860f852bec_m.jpg
This just doesn't work- I'm not sure why you have little ears on and that white sweater doesn't look great. Arms are awkward and your expression looks surprised.

Apr 11 13 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

OmnyRa

Posts: 1029

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Have a go at mine?

Apr 12 13 08:03 am Link

Photographer

Daniel M Martin

Posts: 188

Los Angeles, California, US

I'll try #3, ssweet or tart, just honest

Apr 13 13 06:56 pm Link

Model

Victoria_Rose

Posts: 31

Jacksonville, Florida, US

Sweet, #1, please.

Apr 14 13 11:32 am Link

Model

Meghan Hale

Posts: 335

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

winking_wonder wrote:
EDIT: DONE. I will be moving this thread to Critique, which is where I intended this to be in the first place...

Post here and I will critique your work. First let me know if you would like the critique to be SWEET or TART. Also, please choose what you would like critiqued from the following (*only 1*):

1. Overall Port
2. Best/Worst
3. Avatar
4. Profile (Written section of your portfolio)
5. Analysis of 1 Image of your Choice
6. Would I Work With You?
7. Ask me a Specific Question

Tart! And 1

Apr 29 13 04:24 pm Link

Model

winking_wonder

Posts: 5637

New York, New York, US

Cole Morrison wrote:
2

Best:
The lighting, your pose, the emotion in your expression all combine to make this a spectacular image!
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31364520 18+

Worst:
Blurry, weird, not my style at all
http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/29741954 18+

May 01 13 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

AndyD10

Posts: 350

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland

Maybe No 5., tart, on this one, something of a new direction for me.

http://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130425/13/51799592129c3_m.jpg

May 01 13 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

Merry

Posts: 1669

London, England, United Kingdom

Yes please if you're not too tired! #1 tongue

May 03 13 12:47 pm Link