Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Basic Instinct??

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Posts: 1325

Buffalo, New York, US

I saw the movie, "Basic Instinct" for the first time yesterday, and although Sharon Stone played a very powerful character, did anyone ever really think that anyone but her character did the murders? lol.

Apr 08 13 10:39 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Posts: 8010

Houston, Arkansas, US

Not really, although Rockie was coming in a close second  wink

Apr 08 13 11:46 pm Link

Photographer

Raoul Isidro Images

Posts: 6289

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Apr 09 13 02:39 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Posts: 5210

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Jennifer Barker wrote:
Not really, although Rockie was coming in a close second  wink

Stallone was in that movie?

Apr 09 13 02:42 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Posts: 32234

Woodinville, Washington, US

I suspected Arnold Schwarzenegger. I also figured early on that he was the key to a watery Mars.

Apr 09 13 03:14 am Link

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Posts: 1325

Buffalo, New York, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
I suspected Arnold Schwarzenegger. I also figured early on that he was the key to a watery Mars.

Are you thinking of Total Recall?

Apr 09 13 02:14 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Posts: 8010

Houston, Arkansas, US

Ughhh wink her girlfriend sill wabbit  bunny

Apr 09 13 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Designit - Edward Olson

Posts: 1637

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California, US

Mad Hatter Imagery wrote:
I saw the movie, "Basic Instinct" for the first time yesterday, and although Sharon Stone played a very powerful character, did anyone ever really think that anyone but her character did the murders? lol.

I don't recall it being a murder mystery so much as a very sexual game of cat-and-mouse.

Apr 09 13 02:17 pm Link

Model

Jennifer Barker

Posts: 8010

Houston, Arkansas, US

Raoul Isidro Images wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU6gVGWjvuU

.

LMFAO  lol thank god what with him being the gardener, he would have a weed wacker out in the truck  lol

Apr 09 13 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

C A Bridges

Posts: 189

Orange City, Florida, US

That movie inspired millions of flabby-assed men like me that we might also one day get Sharon Stone on the side of a sink. Thank you, Michael Douglas.

Thank you.

Apr 09 13 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Posts: 8462

Los Angeles, California, US

Mad Hatter Imagery wrote:
I saw the movie, "Basic Instinct" for the first time yesterday, and although Sharon Stone played a very powerful character, did anyone ever really think that anyone but her character did the murders? lol.

1. How did Sharon Stone (Even though, The Director, Paul Verhoeven told Ms. Stone..not to wear any panties, and his Camera Guy..Jan de Bont was with a Panavision Panaflex Arri Camera at Kitty Kat Level....How could she complain...and say...I didn't know they were going to do that!!!

2. A truly bad movie...Bad Acting and Bad Screenplay!

3. But an Excellent Score by Jerry Goldsmith

Apr 09 13 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Posts: 8462

Los Angeles, California, US

Drew Smith Photography wrote:

Stallone was in that movie?

The Specialist???


Extremely Bad Film, with over the top acting by James Woods..But....

A great score by John Barry.

Apr 09 13 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

Damon Strong

Posts: 1846

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

I actually enjoyed the Basic Instict sequel that came out a dozen years later.  Sleazy and over the top fun!

Apr 09 13 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Will Snizek Photography

Posts: 1387

Beckley, West Virginia, US

I saw that so long ago, I just remember seeing Sharon Stone's crotch and kinda remember some drama about an ice pick. I should probably watch it again after reading this thread.

Apr 09 13 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Posts: 32234

Woodinville, Washington, US

Mad Hatter Imagery wrote:

Are you thinking of Total Recall?

It was some Sharon Stone movie in which she was a crazy murderous bitch.

Apr 09 13 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

Will Snizek Photography

Posts: 1387

Beckley, West Virginia, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

It was some Sharon Stone movie in which she was a crazy murderous bitch.

Isn't that most of her movies though? I think you are thinking about Total Recall too.

Apr 09 13 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Posts: 32234

Woodinville, Washington, US

Will Snizek wrote:

Isn't that most of her movies though? I think you are thinking about Total Recall too.

It was a joke, son, a joke.

Apr 09 13 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Posts: 36718

Columbus, Ohio, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:
It was a joke, son, a joke.

Painting a picture might help?

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/images/stories/large/2010/11/23/Travel_Thailand+elephant+painting+a+Tshirt.jpg

Apr 09 13 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Posts: 1325

Buffalo, New York, US

Will Snizek wrote:
I saw that so long ago, I just remember seeing Sharon Stone's crotch and kinda remember some drama about an ice pick. I should probably watch it again after reading this thread.

I think Michael Douglas played an unlikeable and gullible character. I was looking forward to her killing him ultimately. It wasn't that she was smart. It's just that he and the police force were incredibly dumb, and clearly in one of those regions of the country where rich people are particularly able to buy their way out of any trouble they might have. The IA counselor that somehow liked Douglas' character (whom he for no good reason shot dead) was the only character besides the side kick that I actually liked.

Apr 09 13 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Posts: 1325

Buffalo, New York, US

Orca Bay Images wrote:

It was some Sharon Stone movie in which she was a crazy murderous bitch.

She was in total recall also, but I think Basic Instinct was for most the more memorable role because we could see her bajinko.

Apr 09 13 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

John Photography

Posts: 12976

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

What about the delicious Jeanne Tripplehorn that played I think a psychologist or such.  That scene with her and Douglas was so over the top .....Very obvious he gave her anal action.

Apr 10 13 02:54 am Link

Photographer

Mad Hatter Imagery

Posts: 1325

Buffalo, New York, US

AdelaideJohn1967 wrote:
What about the delicious Jeanne Tripplehorn that played I think a psychologist or such.  That scene with her and Douglas was so over the top .....Very obvious he gave her anal action.

Anal action or not Jeanne Tripplehorn (how does one get a last name like that?) was the only good part of the movie I think. She has a very calming appeal to her. No ego, and she doesn't seem like one prone to judge people. Perhaps that was just her character as a therapist, but her eyes give a sense of safety. Not so much true with Sharon Stone. lol.

Apr 10 13 09:07 am Link

Photographer

John Photography

Posts: 12976

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Mad Hatter Imagery wrote:

Anal action or not Jeanne Tripplehorn (how does one get a last name like that?) was the only good part of the movie I think. She has a very calming appeal to her. No ego, and she doesn't seem like one prone to judge people. Perhaps that was just her character as a therapist, but her eyes give a sense of safety. Not so much true with Sharon Stone. lol.

That's very true.

Apr 14 13 05:23 am Link