Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Makeup barely shows in image

Model

Darlyn T

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I did my own makeup for both of the images here that I have on MM (I shot more images from that shoot but I have not received them yet). My issue is with the image that I have for my avatar.

I'm sure that I had put on a good amount of makeup for photography. Maybe it's the products that I bought.

Here's a list of makeup that I wore for that particular image:

L.A Colors "Glossy Lips" Sheer Lipgloss

NYX "Love in Rio"

Iman Cosmetics Luxury Radiance Liquid Makeup

Ulta Cosmetics Red Lipstick Shade number 202

Flori Roberts Corrective Concealer

I realize that I can hire an MUA but I need to know how to do my own makeup regardless.

If someone can recommend better products than what I used above, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Apr 22 13 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Some of it has to do with the image itself.
If you post it in the critique section we can comment.

Apr 22 13 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Expression Unlimited

Oceanside, California, US

Meaning the quality is the issue, not your make up

Apr 23 13 03:02 am Link

Photographer

Gavin Poh

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Darlyn T wrote:
I did my own makeup for both of the images here that I have on MM (I shot more images from that shoot but I have not received them yet). My issue is with the image that I have for my avatar.

I'm sure that I had put on a good amount of makeup for photography. Maybe it's the products that I bought.

Here's a list of makeup that I wore for that particular image:

L.A Colors "Glossy Lips" Sheer Lipgloss

NYX "Love in Rio"

Iman Cosmetics Luxury Radiance Liquid Makeup

Ulta Cosmetics Red Lipstick Shade number 202

Flori Roberts Corrective Concealer

I realize that I can hire an MUA but I need to know how to do my own makeup regardless.

If someone can recommend better products than what I used above, I'd gladly appreciate it.

It's not your make up. It's the way you've been shot.
Usually the problem with darker skin tones is the foundation doesn't match well, and you get this obvious change in colour around neck lines.
In your photos it doesn't seem to be the case but more a lighting/temp and saturation/contrast issue. Just my 2 cents worth

Apr 23 13 03:12 am Link

Makeup Artist

Cynna Stylz MUA

New York, New York, US

The image does seem off as noted by others. I do notice you didn't have mascara ( although your natural is beautiful) it will help give a bit of form to the eyes. Also try a blush like NYX Red or Cinnamon, use a touch of both to add a bit more color to your well structured cheeks. I hope you find an amazing photographer because even with the bit of makeup you have on you will have a great port.

Good luck,

Cyn

Apr 23 13 09:12 pm Link