Forums > Model Colloquy > NFL jersey size for average sized model

Photographer

ShotbyRon

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I want to do a glamour shoot using my favorite teams NFL jersey. I have no idea what size to get. I don't wear jersey's myself, and I know they fit differently then a regular T shirt. I am assuming a men's small would be my best option. But figured I'd ask here first.

May 02 13 08:01 am Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

http://www.ehow.com/how_5641200_size-au … rseys.html

Buy in women's size, they fit differently.

May 02 13 08:37 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Tiffany_B

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, US

Your best bet is going to be to go into a store that sells team apparel and try the jersey on. A women's jersey will be more fitted while a men's jersey is going to be more boxy so it'll depend on the look you want for the shoot; truthfully you may even want to try a kid's jersey in one of the larger sizes for a more cropped look without having to do any alterations.

May 02 13 07:10 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I have an NFL jersey that is a Youth XL or 18-20. Youth sizes are also cheaper than adults;)

May 05 13 02:53 pm Link

Model

SusieQPA

I do women's sizes on the NFL Shop online. I'm petite (5'0" and a little under 100 lbs) and a small jersey fits me well in womens.

May 05 13 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

MCPHOTO

Duvall, Washington, US

I haven't done it but just an idea would be have the model get one then reimburse her. Or Select you model then get the jersey.

May 05 13 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

ShotbyRon

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I am ordering the jersey from an online site that ships from over in China. And it takes a couple weeks, so I would like to order it soon. I want the baggy look, which is one problem with women's jerseys, it doesn't give you that.

May 05 13 11:35 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Youth sizes fit like a man's jersey just don't swallow you.

May 06 13 06:02 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Tiffany_B

ShotbyRon wrote:
I am ordering the jersey from an online site that ships from over in China. And it takes a couple weeks, so I would like to order it soon. I want the baggy look, which is one problem with women's jerseys, it doesn't give you that.

I strongly advise against this unless the model is incredibly petite as Asian sizing is drastically different from American sizing and you may end up wasting money on a piece that's more snug than you'd like, even if you size up. If you're going for a boxy/baggy look then simply by a man's jersey which will be cut differently and looser than one for a woman.

May 06 13 09:46 am Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

San Pedro, California, US

I would think a lot would depend upon whether you want it to fit as if she was wearing a "boyfriend jersey" or whether it should fit on her mimicking how it would fit on a player.

May 06 13 10:29 am Link