Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Let's hear it for fine motor development!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7392/8720672948_0ce2199e45.jpg

May 08 13 01:59 pm Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A0k8cgFVJ1E/Txi5c0DuzBI/AAAAAAAAAMA/xnnBda5UYOI/s640/0001st50.gif

May 09 13 10:02 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

https://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/TOTO-LERO/gifs/to604byejamesdean37.gif

May 09 13 10:10 am Link

Model

The Original Sin

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Awesome!!!

May 09 13 10:17 am Link

Model

Lumen Sky

Center Moriches, New York, US

she is coming along so well

May 11 13 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Today we took her with us to Mother's Day Brunch. Before we even sat down, she managed to mash three fingers on her left hand in a folding chair. No permanent damage, just wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So our waiter brought her a basket of sticky buns as consolation. We didn't have the heart to tell him she probably wouldn't eat them because they were sticky and she doesn't really like sticky foods.

She got sticky. And didn't complain about it. She ate the entire basket of sticky buns except for the one I stole because she dropped it on the table...

Toward the end she got mad about her hands being sticky, put the bun on the plate, and simply ate it without using her hands.

She's picky, has some sensory challenges, and she's obstinate, but she's definitely not stupid.

May 12 13 04:32 pm Link

Model

Lumen Sky

Caradoc wrote:
Today we took her with us to Mother's Day Brunch. Before we even sat down, she managed to mash three fingers on her left hand in a folding chair. No permanent damage, just wailing and gnashing of teeth.

So our waiter brought her a basket of sticky buns as consolation. We didn't have the heart to tell him she probably wouldn't eat them because they were sticky and she doesn't really like sticky foods.

She got sticky. And didn't complain about it. She ate the entire basket of sticky buns except for the one I stole because she dropped it on the table...

Toward the end she got mad about her hands being sticky, put the bun on the plate, and simply ate it without using her hands.

She's picky, has some sensory challenges, and she's obstinate, but she's definitely not stupid.

try finger painting with homemade finger paints she can eat?

May 12 13 06:14 pm Link

Photographer

Caradoc

Scottsdale, Arizona, US

Lumen Sky wrote:
try finger painting with homemade finger paints she can eat?

She won't even put her fingers in Belgian Chocolate pudding.

May 12 13 07:05 pm Link

Model

Lumen Sky

Caradoc wrote:
She won't even put her fingers in Belgian Chocolate pudding.

Chocolate pudding paint is one of the edibles. You could try to koolaid watercolor paint? I am not sure if I made that one up or not. Im sure others have thought of it. First with a brush? oops some spills on her hand and its yummy? just a suggestion from someone who works with others (much older than her though) who have similar tactile and sensory things. You are tackling it WAYYYYY earlier on and making it much easier for her. And doing a great job, as is she! I am always fascinated to read when you write and see her grow. She is a smart cookie for sure.

May 12 13 08:12 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Doesn't like sticky? You're blessed as fas as children go! wink

May 12 13 08:45 pm Link