Forums > Events > Baltimore,MD 6/2 Triptych - Rebecca, Roarie, Cat

Photographer

Gila Photo

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Studio M is pleased to announce a June 2nd Triptych at Studio M. The format is traditional: three rooms with three different lighting scenarios (natural, strobe, tungsten), three models, three photographers max per group. 

As always, we have three great models for the workshop:

Rebecca Lawrence https://www.modelmayhem.com/155507

Roarie-yum https://www.modelmayhem.com/837599
and
Cat Hedlund https://www.modelmayhem.com/1771218

The details are as follows:

What: Triptych at Studio M
Date: Sunday June 2
Time: 12:30-4pm
Cost: $250
Deposit: $50 via paypal

Please register by paying your deposit as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to seeing all of you on June 2.

Peace,
Carr

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130509/20/518c6fc4bd056.jpg

May 09 13 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

Square Jaw Photography

Joshua Tree, California, US

Now I'm not too sure how these workshops work, though I hear it does wonders for a photographer starting out.

Do I pay the fee, and still have to pay llamas based on their rates? Or does th fee cover every concept you want to shoot within the allotted time?

May 10 13 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Palssonphoto

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Square Jaw: I'm a regular at the Triptych workshops. This coming one will be my 6th or 7th one I believe, and I can highly recommend them and tell you a bit about how they work.

The Triptych is usually more of a well-organized photoshoot than a workshop, although sometimes there is an instructor (a prominent photographer) teaching for an hour in the beginning, but that won't be the case this time.

The Triptych is really 3-hour almost non-stop shoot; the photographers work in teams of 2-3, and each team spends an hour in each of the three rooms with very different light set-ups. There is the daylight room (it is a room with very tall window that gets beautiful light in the afternoon - my favorite room), the strobe room, and the hot lights room. Every twenty minutes the models rotate between rooms, so you get to shoot with all of them in all of the different rooms. The photographers take turns directing so you have plenty of opportunity to get the models to do what you want to shoot. Yes, you can pretty much do any concept you want that does not exceed the models' limits, but this is pretty much an artistic nude event so that is what it is great for, although some glamour and fashion-type shots are definitely doable as well. Rarely is there any stitch of clothing in sight (on the models, that is), although the models usually bring a few clothing items in case anybody wants to use them, and props are welcome as well. In short, you have plenty of creative freedom, and since the models selected for these events are exclusively highly experienced nude art models and the photographers on your team typically very flexible and cooperative, it is easy to get great-looking shots of whatever concept you have in mind. Attending a Triptych is a splendid way to boost your portfolio with excellent artsy images. And not only for beginners but also for advanced photographers. In fact, pictures taken in the Triptych workshops by some very talented photographers have been published in photography magazines on multiple occasions. However, the Triptych is also very good for less experienced photographers, because if any assistance is needed with lights or cameras or anything, there is plently to be had, since the super-nice guys who run the Triptych are there to help in each room. And best of all (in answer to your question), you don't have to pay anything in addition to the workshop fee. It includes the modeling fees for the 3 hours AND the model releases, so its a good deal. My advice to you and all photographers in the region: Don't miss this outstanding chance for great photography with excellent models. Just do it!

May 11 13 11:42 am Link

Photographer

MC Photo

New York, New York, US

Square Jaw Photography wrote:
Now I'm not too sure how these workshops work, though I hear it does wonders for a photographer starting out.

Do I pay the fee, and still have to pay llamas based on their rates? Or does th fee cover every concept you want to shoot within the allotted time?

Llamas?

May 11 13 08:02 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

MC Photo wrote:

Llamas?

llama

May 12 13 12:55 am Link

Model

ERICA JAY

New York, New York, US

I want to become a photographer just so I can come to this workshop...

May 12 13 01:01 am Link

Photographer

MC Photo

New York, New York, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

llama

It must be a modern feminist term to refer to women that has not yet entered my lexicon. I promise to keep up in the future.

May 12 13 05:33 am Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

MC Photo wrote:

It must be a modern feminist term to refer to women that has not yet entered my lexicon. I promise to keep up in the future.

I really have no idea what that guy means, I've just never had the chance to use that emoticon before and that was perfect.

May 12 13 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

No - somebody screwed with the code - some times "models" prints on the fora as "llamas"

I'm sure somebody thought they were being funny.

There is a crabby thread about it in site related already.

May 12 13 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Palssonphoto

Vintagevista wrote:
No - somebody screwed with the code - some times "models" prints on the fora as "llamas"

Yes, agree, I've seen the "llama" replacement in MM forum discussion threads before - ModelMayhem's special brand of humor, I think. When I responded to Square Jaw above, his message read "models".

In any case, I don't believe there will be any llamas at the Triptych (although Carr will have to confirm that - they would make badass props, actually), just three talented figure models.  Or at least I doubt llamas will be provided, it would be strictly BYOL (bring your own llama).

BTW - the llama/model replacement thing is apparently well known in certain circles, for people are even selling t-shirts dedicated to it:
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/35418476/mo … oduct_feed

Hey Laura - yeah, that's a cool and fun emoticon; I'm surprised you knew about it - hmmm, maybe you are our llama thread hacker!

May 12 13 03:35 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Vintagevista wrote:

Omg that is brilliant

May 12 13 09:39 pm Link

Model

Laura UnBound

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Palssonphoto wrote:

Yes, agree, I've seen the "llama" replacement in MM forum discussion threads before - ModelMayhem's special brand of humor, I think. When I responded to Square Jaw above, his message read "models".

In any case, I don't believe there will be any llamas at the Triptych (although Carr will have to confirm that - they would make badass props, actually), just three talented figure models.  Or at least I doubt llamas will be provided, it would be strictly BYOL (bring your own llama).

BTW - the llama/model replacement thing is apparently well known in certain circles, for people are even selling t-shirts dedicated to it:
http://www.cafepress.com/mf/35418476/mo … oduct_feed

Hey Laura - yeah, that's a cool and fun emoticon; I'm surprised you knew about it - hmmm, maybe you are our llama thread hacker!

I'd totally shoot those girls with a llama. Carr needs more llamas llama

May 12 13 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

Gila Photo

Baltimore, Maryland, US

You're right, Laura. I DO need more llamas. Right now I've just got two scrawny alpacas -- and as you know, that's just not the same.

More llamas!

May 16 13 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jlrimages

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Laura UnBound wrote:

I really have no idea what that guy means, I've just never had the chance to use that emoticon before and that was perfect.

I'd guess it has something to do with deviantArt, as folks award llama badges there. For what, and what you can do with them, I have no clue.

May 22 13 05:28 am Link

Photographer

Palssonphoto

OK, with all this llama talk, I think the Llama Song has to be the the theme song for this Triptych workshop. It's the stupidest song I ever heard but somehow I can't get it out of my head - let's play it for 3 hours straight during the shoot:

http://gprime.net/flash.php/llamasong

May 22 13 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Jlrimages

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Palssonphoto wrote:
OK, with all this llama talk, I think the Llama Song has to be the the theme song for this Triptych workshop. It's the stupidest song I ever heard but somehow I can't get it out of my head - let's play it for 3 hours straight during the shoot:

http://gprime.net/flash.php/llamasong

Or...let's not.

May 25 13 05:35 am Link

Photographer

Jlrimages

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Two Days Away!

May 31 13 03:35 pm Link