Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop CC - Clone Stamp is broken

Photographer

Big Apple Models

Posts: 355

New York, New York, US

Anybody else on Photoshop CC notice how the Clone Stamp no longer works right. It's slow and sampling results are all over the place. Had to switch back to CS6.

Jul 01 13 12:12 pm Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Posts: 1107

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Here it is normal, try to reset Photoshop settings as it solves most of the weird behavior.

Jul 01 13 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Posts: 5129

Irvine, California, US

Mine is working fine as well.

Jul 01 13 02:46 pm Link

Retoucher

Mike Needham Retouching

Posts: 369

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

I didn't want to say anything, but I smell the Illuminati.

Jul 01 13 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Big Apple Models

Posts: 355

New York, New York, US

There is a thread on Adobe about this, so I'm not alone.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5466574

Resetting did not help. BTW I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

Jul 01 13 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

pdxROCKpix

Posts: 119

Hillsboro, Oregon, US

Windows, that explains it. smile

Jul 01 13 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Posts: 28820

Dearborn, Michigan, US

pdxROCKpix wrote:
Windows, that explains it. smile

sad    sad

Jul 01 13 04:11 pm Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Posts: 1107

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Win x64 here too...
Try to update the video driver or disable the use of the graphics processor.

Jul 01 13 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Innovative Imagery

Posts: 2816

Los Angeles, California, US

I think they went too soon to the cloud.  They haven't even finished de-bugging CS6 !

Jul 01 13 05:26 pm Link

Digital Artist

Anna V Rossen

Posts: 3

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Innovative Imagery wrote:
I think they went too soon to the cloud.  They haven't even finished de-bugging CS6 !

Agreed.

Jul 02 13 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Kelvin Hammond

Posts: 17376

Billings, Montana, US

It's practically impossible to get plugins to work in the 64bit CC version of PS.  I can't get Nik in there even after trying half a dozen suggestions. They do show up in the 32bit version.   Freaky.    When you try to install them in the 64bit version, that version doesn't show up in the panel that tells you which products it will install it into.

Even after manually putting the plugins in the right directory, they still don't show up.  OnOne's plugins have the same problem. They don't show up under extensions or the automate windows.


BTW  the full Cloud deal has a promotion for $19.99 for the first year now if you have a qualifying product already (CS6 qualifies)   You cancel your current cloud subscription, then sign up for the promotion.

Jul 02 13 08:27 am Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Posts: 1107

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had no problems...
Windows 7 x64 here

Jul 02 13 08:31 am Link

Photographer

Peter Mrosek

Posts: 1

Frankfurt, Hassia, Germany

I had to disable the graphics processor in order to get rid of some similar misbehaviours with the clone tool and some performance issues with the brush tool. (Windows 7 x64)

Jul 11 13 03:56 am Link

Photographer

Vito

Posts: 4192

Brooklyn, New York, US

And the Refine Edge is definitely not as good as CS6 version.

Jul 11 13 04:24 am Link

Photographer

Revenge Photography

Posts: 1868

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Innovative Imagery wrote:
I think they went too soon to the cloud.  They haven't even finished de-bugging CS6 !

If they had fixed CS6 first, nobody would have any reason to move to the cloud for a couple of years at least. They are hoping bug fixes will encourage people to move to the cloud.

Jul 11 13 04:25 am Link

Photographer

Vito

Posts: 4192

Brooklyn, New York, US

They probably screwed up Clone Stamp on purpose so they can push out the fix and tout "look how great the Almighty Cloud is. A problem is reported and we can have it fixed immediately! Praise be to the Cloud, maker of our money stream!"

Jul 11 13 04:32 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Daemon

Posts: 345

West Hazleton, Pennsylvania, US

Smedley Whiplash wrote:
It's practically impossible to get plugins to work in the 64bit CC version of PS.  I can't get Nik in there even after trying half a dozen suggestions. They do show up in the 32bit version.   Freaky.    When you try to install them in the 64bit version, that version doesn't show up in the panel that tells you which products it will install it into.

Even after manually putting the plugins in the right directory, they still don't show up.  OnOne's plugins have the same problem. They don't show up under extensions or the automate windows.


BTW  the full Cloud deal has a promotion for $19.99 for the first year now if you have a qualifying product already (CS6 qualifies)   You cancel your current cloud subscription, then sign up for the promotion.

That's really strange, all my plug ins simply required a reinstall. Both Nik and OnOne have directions on their sites for installing into CC, and all i did was follow those instructions. OnOne and nik both working fine with CC 64bit for me.

Jul 11 13 04:55 am Link

Retoucher

name changed by admin

Posts: 43

Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg, Russia

buy photoshop cc and you wont have problems

Jul 12 13 12:57 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Posts: 10849

San Pedro, California, US

I would expect much more of these kinds of issues with the new CC paradigm of fine-granularity enhancements pushed on you. Regression testing is not going to be as thorough, for instance, as in the longer conventional development/release cycle.

Jul 12 13 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Big Apple Models

Posts: 355

New York, New York, US

Vito wrote:
They probably screwed up Clone Stamp on purpose so they can push out the fix and tout "look how great the Almighty Cloud is. A problem is reported and we can have it fixed immediately! Praise be to the Cloud, maker of our money stream!"

I wish. This problem has been posted on Adobe's forums for 2 weeks, and they haven't even acknowledged the problem yet!

Jul 12 13 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

Rick OBanion Photo

Posts: 1351

Saint Catharines-Niagara, Ontario, Canada

NS Berlyn wrote:
buy photoshop cc and you wont have problems

You can't buy it

Jul 14 13 12:03 am Link

Retoucher

Gary Alan

Posts: 409

Esperance, Western Australia, Australia

I have trouble with the clone and healing brushes, it seems as though if I try to sample too fast they just clap out and start grabbing samples from anywhere, it works just fine if I do very deliberate and slow sampling and brushing... but cmon man "aint nobody got time for that"..

Jul 14 13 01:06 am Link

Photographer

Big Apple Models

Posts: 355

New York, New York, US

Gary Alan wrote:
I have trouble with the clone and healing brushes, it seems as though if I try to sample too fast they just clap out and start grabbing samples from anywhere, it works just fine if I do very deliberate and slow sampling and brushing... but cmon man "aint nobody got time for that"..

This is the exact problem I have.
Maybe if more people with this issue post a message here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1246640?tstart=0  ,one day Adobe will respond to it.

Jul 15 13 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

Jayc Yu

Posts: 531

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Innovative Imagery wrote:
I think they went too soon to the cloud.  They haven't even finished de-bugging CS6 !

My healing brush tool also lags for both CS6 and CC.
If I don't wait 0.5 seconds for PS to analyze the targeted area, it won't heal where I click.
In addition, my image's pixels scramble when zooming in during crop.
What a waste.

Jul 15 13 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Vito

Posts: 4192

Brooklyn, New York, US

Jayc Yu wrote:

My healing brush tool also lags for both CS6 and CC.
If I don't wait 0.5 seconds for PS to analyze the targeted area, it won't heal where I click.
In addition, my image's pixels scramble when zooming in during crop.
What a waste.

This sounds more like a display card/driver issue. Check your settings in preferences.

Jul 16 13 05:36 am Link